Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 09:39 AM

45,631 posts, read 27,250,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Rockets are generally looking good early with major personnel adjustments still getting worked out. I see them getting their groove together by season end and being a major threat in the playoffs.

Lakers got rebounds because of the long 3's.

Basically, that was their only hope against the Rockets and most nights won't work.
Rox have to stop falling behind early. If they can't figure out Asik/Howard combo, then change it.

The strange thing is they both play in the 3rdQ and it seems to work better. However, last night, the 3rdQ was better when Asik sat - that's when they caught up.

1stQ struggles seem pretty simple to me - no offensive players except Harden, and sometimes Parsons. Howard, Asik, Beverly can't create their own offense consistently. I actually think Lin would be a better fit at starting point for scoring purposes. The problem for Lin is that he is effective against second string guards, but has a hard time keeping up with top tier guards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 10:59 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,550,819 times
Harden still playing bad D...he made a couple of good plays late, but he is so lazy. I do think the Rockets overlooked the Lakers a bit and the Lakers were pumped up for this game. Got to give the Lakers credit for hitting 16 3s which they got so many open looks. At least it was early in the season. That bear hug by Nash on Lin at the end was a heads up veteran move though...it rarely gets called at end of games...Lakers were in win win situation there since they were down by 2 anyway. If the refs blew the whistle, they already were down by 2 , so would've lost anyway.

Harden losing his man again..

lol...bear hug by Nash on Lin...

Old 11-08-2013, 11:02 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,105,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Rockets are generally looking good early with major personnel adjustments still getting worked out. I see them getting their groove together by season end and being a major threat in the playoffs.

Lakers got rebounds because of the long 3's.

Basically, that was their only hope against the Rockets and most nights won't work.
I mostly agree until I look at the quality of the competition so far.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:15 AM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times
lol....Nash would have gotten his nose broke with a forehead trying to pull that crap in the 90's.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:16 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,507,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Rox have to stop falling behind early. If they can't figure out Asik/Howard combo, then change it.

The strange thing is they both play in the 3rdQ and it seems to work better. However, last night, the 3rdQ was better when Asik sat - that's when they caught up.

1stQ struggles seem pretty simple to me - no offensive players except Harden, and sometimes Parsons. Howard, Asik, Beverly can't create their own offense consistently. I actually think Lin would be a better fit at starting point for scoring purposes. The problem for Lin is that he is effective against second string guards, but has a hard time keeping up with top tier guards.
Yeah, having two black holes on offense and Lin in the starting five makes two black holes on defense in the backcourt.

I won't rehash what the TNT guys pointed out, but Howard not having any real offensive game (going 5-16 at the stripe means he won't demand the ball anyway) and Asik hasn't exactly become a high-post jumper threat either doesn't help them out any.

I guess the time to play lost like they did late in the game would be game #6.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:55 PM

harden fined for 2nd flop already?
this is the one he got fined for.

Explosive James Harden Flop on Blake Griffin 11/9/13 - YouTube

Old 11-12-2013, 10:51 AM

Sounding more and more like mchail is about to drop the asik/Howard combo.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:33 PM

78,523 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Sounding more and more like mchail is about to drop the asik/Howard combo.
I'm picking up on the same vibe.

Oh well, no big problem there...trading Asik is easy to do.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:28 PM

Terrence Jones to start in place of Asik tonight. Thaddeus Young as the opposing "4" is not a good matchup for the twin towers. Will see where it goes from here.

Also, no James Harden tonight w/ an injured foot.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
harden fined for 2nd flop already?
this is the one he got fined for.

Explosive James Harden Flop on Blake Griffin 11/9/13 - YouTube
Went to the game... me and the guy next to me figured he would get fined for that one.

Rox were doing well and then flatlined offensively against the Clips in the 3rdQ.

If they go back to the twin towers, Parsons will have to be more of a self-starter on offense. There is just not enough there to keep up with the top starting lineups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball