Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:48 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
oh no orlando hurt dwights feelings by letting another player wear #12. what an idiot!
Slow news day....sheesh. What do you want him to say? "Orlando can do whatever they like because I don't care about them or my time there."

If this is the best Dwight hatin' they've got to work with.....zzzzzzzzzzz. I mean, they've got to stir the pot somewhere because it seems like he's fitting in well in Houston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,055,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Slow news day....sheesh. What do you want him to say? "Orlando can do whatever they like because I don't care about them or my time there."

If this is the best Dwight hatin' they've got to work with.....zzzzzzzzzzz. I mean, they've got to stir the pot somewhere because it seems like he's fitting in well in Houston.
Orlando didn't do it to hate on Dwight. Dwight is just a drama queen - what he should've done is kept his mouth shut and let Orlando do what they want.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:29 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
well you know a reporter trolled that up "hey Dwight, what do you think about xxxxxxxxx"

i do find it funny though that Dwight even bothered to answer. i mean is it his business? did the magic retire shaq? penny? anyone? Orlando has ONE retired jersey, and it says FANS! lmao

Old 10-17-2013, 12:05 PM

Reporter, "Hey Dwight, does it bother you that Orlando....."
Dwight, "Yeah it hurt a little bit"

Dwight Haters, "OMG what a drama queen....."

Come on guys, the criticism has jumped the shark at this point.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Orlando has ONE retired jersey, and it says FANS! lmao
Oh snap!

Hey, it's not Orlando's fault that they were throwing around huge $$$ at guys like turkoglu, Arenas etc. which had to have driven Howard (and any reasonable fan) insane. /sarcasm

Howard was classless in how he reacted but in reality, the truth hurts and Orlando fans have found an easy focus for their butt hurt when in reality the bulk of the fault rests with their team, owners and management.

Dwight gave Orlando 3 years too many, a mistake that future stars likely won't repeat when they have the misfortune of having their lottery ball plop into the laps of them or a Cleveland etc.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:53 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Both Howard and Asik slated to START on Monday vs Mavs.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:26 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
excellent responses--thanks to all who responded. It occurred to me that Houston's interior defense could pose a problem for teams that rely on attacking the rim, and might be prey for teams with good jump shooters. Before last year that might have included Miami, but last year LeBron shot .406 in 3's.

I also forgot that the Celtics also had Bill Walton and Robert Parish (plus McHale) for a while. During that era they were known for ferocious interior D. I don't remember how much Parish and Walton were on the floor at the same time.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
excellent responses--thanks to all who responded. It occurred to me that Houston's interior defense could pose a problem for teams that rely on attacking the rim, and might be prey for teams with good jump shooters. Before last year that might have included Miami, but last year LeBron shot .406 in 3's.

I also forgot that the Celtics also had Bill Walton and Robert Parish (plus McHale) for a while. During that era they were known for ferocious interior D. I don't remember how much Parish and Walton were on the floor at the same time.
Good points. A strong interior D though does allow you to play more aggressively on the perimeter since you have help if they drive past you.

I just find the whole dynamic interesting, the early part of the long season can be a little boring so seeing how some of the new team dynamics are working or not for squads like Houston and Brooklyn is entertaining.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:40 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Monday against the Mavs - kind of blah for the debut for the towers. It was Asik's first game this preseason.

Both will start again against the Spurs tonight.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:50 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Howard and Asik looked good tonight against Spurs...the players are starting to get comfortable with each other on the court with good spacing. This team is gonna be scary...the 2nd unit with Asik is dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball