Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 09:36 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeros318 View Post
I don't know for sure that Thibs' style was to blame for Rose's injury in Chicago, but I do remember thinking to myself when I saw Rose first as a rookie that his style of play was very "dangerous" for his health. He was an attacking, leaping PG, and for some reason I always viewed his game as great but with a LOT of caution, and sure enough he didn't hold up. It has been great to see him carve out a really nice career despite the injury. The Knicks are playing great, even though they got wrecked by Denver last night. It's gonna be a tough 3 games coming up on this West trip... Hope we can hold onto the 4th spot by then end of this.
D Rose game reminded me of Kevin Johnson of the Suns. I think KJ could have done more damage in the playoffs with Barkley if he didn't have that hernia injury trying to lift Oliver Miller. (Why?!) Anyway, that loss against Denver was disappointing. Yeah these last few games are brutal. Suns, Clippers and the Lakers. Tough sledding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2021, 10:40 AM

6,999 posts, read 11,293,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
D Rose game reminded me of Kevin Johnson of the Suns. I think KJ could have done more damage in the playoffs with Barkley if he didn't have that hernia injury trying to lift Oliver Miller. (Why?!) Anyway, that loss against Denver was disappointing. Yeah these last few games are brutal. Suns, Clippers and the Lakers. Tough sledding.
Nice comp. KJ's highlights can take your breath away. He was very very good.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:28 AM

DRose is in a time warp!

https://nypost.com/2021/05/09/derric...over-clippers/

"Coming off the bench for a struggling Elfrid Payton, Rose carried the Knicks (38-30) on his shoulders with a spectacular first half. Rose finished with 25 points and eight assists in 31 minutes."

Hoping to kick the Lakers while they are down thew next game.

Old 05-24-2021, 09:50 AM

https://nypost.com/2021/05/24/puttin...res-on-knicks/

Thibodeau went back to the well with nine seconds left in the game and the score tied. It didn’t work. Young put the moves on Ntilikina — four crossovers — before he got by him and lifted the game-winning floater for the Hawks’ 107-105 victory in front of a stunned Madison Square Garden crowd of 15,047 on Sunday night.

I thought this was a dumb move by Thibs. Other moves that are perplexing is him only keeping Toppin in for 8 minutes or so. Him and Quickley had the hot hand in the quarter. Should have just kept them in. Thibs has to stop playing favorites. Ntilikina seems to be a favorite of his for some reason. He has proven to be a bust, IMO. Elfrid Payton, another favorite, seems to have lost his mojo. I seen him play better on other teams. Toppin seems to be on the crap list.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:00 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Well ...... It was a good season.

Old 05-30-2021, 07:58 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Well ...... It was a good season.
Indeed it was, from joke of the league to a winning record and winning at least one game in the playoffs. I heard delusional Knicks fans hoping for a Net-Knicks conference finals. Bless their hearts.

A few things; this season no one saw the Knicks coming, that wont be the case next season. They will get every team's best efforts now. No more creeping up on people. To that end, the playoffs have exposed the fact that as much as Randle and Barrett have improved, neither one is a genuine number one guy. Sadly, I think that if THIS Knicks team had been there two years ago, then KD and Kyrie pick the Knicks over the Nets easy.

So the question becomes who is the number one guy out there on the market that they can throw money at to complete the team? If the Clips have another meltdown then I would go all out for Kawhi. I think he would do for the Knicks what he did for Toronto. Take them to that next level, even if it's just for one year.

Old 05-31-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life;61151602[B
]Indeed it was, from joke of the league to a winning record and winning at least one game in the playoffs. I heard delusional Knicks fans hoping for a Net-Knicks conference finals. Bless their hearts. [/b]

A few things; this season no one saw the Knicks coming, that wont be the case next season. They will get every team's best efforts now. No more creeping up on people. To that end, the playoffs have exposed the fact that as much as Randle and Barrett have improved, neither one is a genuine number one guy. Sadly, I think that if THIS Knicks team had been there two years ago, then KD and Kyrie pick the Knicks over the Nets easy.

So the question becomes who is the number one guy out there on the market that they can throw money at to complete the team? If the Clips have another meltdown then I would go all out for Kawhi. I think he would do for the Knicks what he did for Toronto. Take them to that next level, even if it's just for one year.

Hey, that's Mr. Delusional to you!

https://nypost.com/2021/05/30/knicks...loss-to-hawks/

"Game 5 is back at what will be a frenzied Garden on Wednesday. In the fourth quarter, the Atlanta fans did themselves proud, chanting “Hawks in Five” as they led by as many as 26 points."

Anyway, if I am the GM, I would let Randle play out his last year of his contract. Don't back up the truck until he proves he can be Batman. Right now, he's the Joker.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Hey, that's Mr. Delusional to you!

https://nypost.com/2021/05/30/knicks...loss-to-hawks/

"Game 5 is back at what will be a frenzied Garden on Wednesday. In the fourth quarter, the Atlanta fans did themselves proud, chanting “Hawks in Five” as they led by as many as 26 points."

Anyway, if I am the GM, I would let Randle play out his last year of his contract. Don't back up the truck until he proves he can be Batman. Right now, he's the Joker.
Lol, hey man, I'm not even mad about the delusion. After all the pain and suffering you guys have had, I'm happy you get to experience the playoffs.

I personally think they should lock up Randle now. I have been absolutely stunned by what he did this season. I was expecting him to be one of those "big numbers on a bad team" type of players. To be able to put up numbers across the board in all categories AND help the team win...that's star quality. The only problem is that he and Barrett are clearly better suited to be a number two or three option. I look at Randle and on the offensive side of the ball, he is everything Golden State fans deep down wish Draymond should be.

Imagine that same Knicks team with Kawhi as well. How you like that. I think that team would be a problem in the East. I know Kawhi is a Cali guy but a chance to bring the Knicks back to glory? That would be Toronto times 10.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Lol, hey man, I'm not even mad about the delusion. After all the pain and suffering you guys have had, I'm happy you get to experience the playoffs.

I personally think they should lock up Randle now. I have been absolutely stunned by what he did this season. I was expecting him to be one of those "big numbers on a bad team" type of players. To be able to put up numbers across the board in all categories AND help the team win...that's star quality. The only problem is that he and Barrett are clearly better suited to be a number two or three option. I look at Randle and on the offensive side of the ball, he is everything Golden State fans deep down wish Draymond should be.

Imagine that same Knicks team with Kawhi as well. How you like that. I think that team would be a problem in the East. I know Kawhi is a Cali guy but a chance to bring the Knicks back to glory? That would be Toronto times 10.

I like that Kwahi get. However, here's what's trending now.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/04/knicks...-playoff-exit/

"The key to the Knicks’ potential Lillard bid is their assistant coach, Johnnie Bryant, who is close to the star point guard and is one of his mentors from Oakland. Bryant is a former Jazz assistant who joined Thibodeau’s staff in 2020. “That’s my big brother,’’ Lillard said in 2017 of Bryant. “I remember barely being in the seventh grade, getting ready for an AAU tournament, and Johnnie was in college at Utah, and they would come back and scrimmage us on outside courts with no net.’’
The Knicks also have a trove of draft picks – five over the next three drafts – and cap space to make a trade easier. Their young trade chips include Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, Kevin Knox and Mitchell Robinson, though after the Atlanta series exposed them at center the Knicks may be less eager to move Robinson."

This trade would work. Now this is Batman. We wouldn't have to lose Randle or Barrett. I say, do it!

Old 06-04-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I like that Kwahi get. However, here's what's trending now.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/04/knicks...-playoff-exit/

"The key to the Knicks’ potential Lillard bid is their assistant coach, Johnnie Bryant, who is close to the star point guard and is one of his mentors from Oakland. Bryant is a former Jazz assistant who joined Thibodeau’s staff in 2020. “That’s my big brother,’’ Lillard said in 2017 of Bryant. “I remember barely being in the seventh grade, getting ready for an AAU tournament, and Johnnie was in college at Utah, and they would come back and scrimmage us on outside courts with no net.’’
The Knicks also have a trove of draft picks – five over the next three drafts – and cap space to make a trade easier. Their young trade chips include Obi Toppin, Immanuel Quickley, Kevin Knox and Mitchell Robinson, though after the Atlanta series exposed them at center the Knicks may be less eager to move Robinson."

This trade would work. Now this is Batman. We wouldn't have to lose Randle or Barrett. I say, do it!
Hmmm, interesting. I thought Dame was on a super max deal. They would need a heck of a lot more than that to be able to make the salaries match up. Plus I would be surprised if Dame was willing to leave Portland.

I like Kawhi better because it gives them an automatic number one go to guy, and he is also someone that can at least try to match up defensively with Giannis, Tatum and KD (although I think he's declined defensively over the last couple of years)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball