Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 11:16 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,930,237 times

Advertisements

Some show was discoursing this today and here are some of the match ups...

Jordan on Klay
Harper on Curry
Pippen on Barnes
Rodman on Dramond

The Bulls have 3 of the best defensive players of all time. They also have Ron Harper who was a great defensive stopper.

So under the same rules does this play out with Curry averaging ~22ppg and Klay ~15 ppg both shooting about 43% from the field? Does Rodman totally frustrate Draymond and average 14rpg? The Bulls can also switch on defensive at will - Jordan can guard 1-3, Pippen can guard 1-4, Harper 1-3 and Rodman 2-5.

I'm sure the Warriors have an argument, but it's just hard to see a combo of Rodman, Pippen and Jordan not doing what it takes to win.

Last edited by eddiehaskell; 04-04-2016 at 11:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 12:47 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
I think the Warriors have an argument, but I dont think they stand a chance. You'd have to adjust the rules to match, but I cant see Steph doing what he does against Pippen or Jordan, theyre too long and athletic and Jordan can easily match him in scoring. Klay is streaky and same thing vs Jordan or Pippen. Rodman was a defensive / rebounding freak too.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:54 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,031,788 times
This could be the next Playstation game: Bulls vs. Warriors. You just play the championship series over and over.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:55 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,970,942 times
Go away, Bulls. You won your six titles. Now f***ing go away.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Seems like everything will be compared to the Bulls dynasty until something better comes along. The Warriors could have a shot if they win say 4 in a row or maybe 5 in 6 years. The team is young enough to do that if they can keep everyone together/healthy. The Bulls were sorta lucky that Pippen never decided to leave to be the main guy and both Pippen and Jordan never had major injuries. In a few years they'll have 3 max contract players and I bet Barnes will want 15M. Iggy might want 10M. This could certainly hurt the quality of their bench if they want to keep the big 3 together.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:12 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
^What he said.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
^What he said.
You don't happen to be too young to remember the Bulls do ya? For those that were really into basketball during the 90s, there has yet to be anything like the Bulls. Almost every kid wanted to "be like Mike". For those younger than say 27, they may not get it...same as 90s kids may not totally respect Showtime or the Celtics.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:32 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
I really cant see them beating the Shaq+Kobe Lakers either.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:55 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,079,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I think the Warriors have an argument, but I dont think they stand a chance. You'd have to adjust the rules to match, but I cant see Steph doing what he does against Pippen or Jordan, theyre too long and athletic and Jordan can easily match him in scoring. Klay is streaky and same thing vs Jordan or Pippen. Rodman was a defensive / rebounding freak too.
Warriors would give them competition, maybe a 5 game series. I still believe the only reason the '96 Finals went to 6 was because the Bulls wanted to win at home.

I think Thompson is overrated and he has a tendency to disappear at times. Jordan and Pippen would be too physical for Curry with their speed, strength, reach and aggressiveness.

Green is emotionally unstable and guys who cannot hold their emotions typically get eaten up by Rodman.

And then you talk about the psychological factor. When Jordan starts talking trash and imposing his will on the game, no one could stop him.

The Bulls had guys who could shoot pretty well, even Longley and especially Wennington in terms of their center position could hit the 17 foot jumper consistently. Obviously everyone knows about Kerr and Kukoc but Buechler was a good shooter and had excellent energy. Harper and Brown were pretty good defensively.

That Bulls team also had 3 of the greatest defenders at their position playing in a tougher era. I absolutely hate zone defense as I believe it allows for deficient defensive players to be shielded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
You don't happen to be too young to remember the Bulls do ya? For those that were really into basketball during the 90s, there has yet to be anything like the Bulls. Almost every kid wanted to "be like Mike". For those younger than say 27, they may not get it...same as 90s kids may not totally respect Showtime or the Celtics.
To me, the 90's was the Golden Era in NBA basketball. The players were just as athletic but instead of relying on athletic ability, they relied on fundamentals. I believe because of that, we don't see as many devastating career altering injuries such as torn up knees.

Old 04-05-2016, 08:06 AM

3,394 posts, read 2,801,977 times
Are we playing with 90s calls and Referees or the current set-up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball