Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will you root to fail?
Lebron 17 54.84%
Curry/Warriors 14 45.16%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:00 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
He just doesnt seem to want that.

He was trying to hard to be physical last night to. He has to score like he did last year for them to have a chance. He doesnt get, that if he did that, it would open things up for the others.
That's where the front office needs to step in. Does anyone think it's any coincidence Lebron won both of his rings under an organization headed by Pat Riley? And no, it's not just about having a bunch of talent on a team. Has anyone forgotten how quickly Stan Van Gundy got canned for "personal reasons"? Next thing you know, Riley is on the bench leading a team to yet another NBA title. There's Levels to this coaching thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 01:21 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'd like to see the city of Cleveland get their championship on some sport, but I can't in good conscience root for a guy (no matter his opponent) as egomaniacal and two-faced as Lebron James. Until he stops trying to dictate the entire system of every organization he's in, I'll always be a Lebron hater...which is too bad, because I really want to like a guy with his skills.
I hated LeBron when he was in Miami, too. Mainly because he was tough opposition for the Spurs and because of the constant media attention. But I think it's stupid that the same people who don't respect LeBron because he is an "arrogant egomaniac" probably both love the hell out of Jordan and Bird. Both of whom make LeBron look like the picture of modesty if you actually knew anything about them other than just assuming they were classier just because they were an older generation. And I'm saying this as a huge Jordan apologist that believe nobody will ever come close to him.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:27 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,436,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I hated LeBron when he was in Miami, too. Mainly because he was tough opposition for the Spurs and because of the constant media attention. But I think it's stupid that the same people who don't respect LeBron because he is an "arrogant egomaniac" probably both love the hell out of Jordan and Bird. Both of whom make LeBron look like the picture of modesty if you actually knew anything about them other than just assuming they were classier just because they were an older generation. And I'm saying this as a huge Jordan apologist that believe nobody will ever come close to him.
Don't try to reason with Natural. He'll throw a fit again.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:45 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
They were classier. Neither one of them said theyre the best player in the world. They just did it! None of them made awful comments like; oh well tomorrow I'll still be Lebron James and you'll still be pathetic you!

Old 06-03-2016, 01:54 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,758 times
Quote:
They were classier. Neither one of them said theyre the best player in the world. They just did it! None of them made awful comments like; oh well tomorrow I'll still be Lebron James and you'll still be pathetic you!
Yep. Jordan and Bird never trash talked. They just led by example. Nothing but good old bowed-head humility from those two. Must be nice to be deluded...

Old 06-03-2016, 02:40 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,447 times
Quote:
What do you expect him to say? He's not coming out and saying these things. He's being asked stupid questions over and over again by petty reporters trying to stir up drama. You expect him to say "well my team was injured, so it's not a big deal" or "my coach can't figure out how to put together a game plan?" They get in his face and bother him at every opportunity possible -- that's their job. I'm sure you don't face the same situation at your job. Sure, he's not as good as someone like Kobe at handling the media, but that's no reason to hate him.

Sadly, it's become very trendy to hate on him. (No, I'm not a Cavs or Heat fan.) I'd rather people just embrace the moment and enjoy the plays he makes because you may never see another player of his caliber in your lifetime. This has probably mostly been led by ESPN. They had that god awful heat index thing going on for years. Every single game he had, even if he scored 40 pts. and won by 25, they would get on his case about every single mistake he made and only give him a "B+" (as if their ratings even mean anything).

Old 06-03-2016, 04:29 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,860,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So if you are a hater, who do you want to see fail under the circumstances?
Warriors
I am a hater when it comes to sports. I don't like coastal teams. Or teams from Chicago (excluding the White Sox. They're tolerable.) I can't stand the Warriors & their trendy fans.

I love LeBron though & will cheer for whatever team he's on. His energy & explosiveness makes basketball fun to watch.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:17 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
Yep. Jordan and Bird never trash talked. They just led by example. Nothing but good old bowed-head humility from those two. Must be nice to be deluded...
Trash talking and backing it up is one thing. Douche talk and self aggrandizement is another.

Old 06-03-2016, 06:17 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,122,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Maybe someday... I just don't think it's this year.

You reminded me of something though.... all the hate when he left... then the "OMG what am I going to do?" when he came back...

LMAO
Yeah, Cleveland has the battered wife syndrome when it comes to Lebron. He left them for another yet they'll just keep on taking him back. There's a chance he might leave after this season so the desperation is palpable.

Old 06-04-2016, 09:46 PM

78,349 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Yeah, Cleveland has the battered wife syndrome when it comes to Lebron. He left them for another yet they'll just keep on taking him back. There's a chance he might leave after this season so the desperation is palpable.
Hell, you'd be stupid not to take back the best player in the league and native son.

On the other hand, Cleveland has 5 top 4 draft picks and has gotten an all-star in KI, a good young bench player in TT and Kevin Love to show for it.

Make no mistake, I'm rooting for Cleveland but their owner is a complete and total hothead and doofus. They are a horribly run franchise....one of the bottom quartile of the nba.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball