Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 06:48 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,104,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Tame is Duncan and Nowitzki. Lebron is arrogant because he's been told his whole life he's the greatest and he believes it.
For once I agree with slo. Lebron is super arrogant. He gets hot headed and then plays the victim card a lot too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 08:31 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,829,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Ok, so if the Cavs get taken out (personally hoping for a dramatic ending), will anyone reconsider their dislike/hate of Lebron? We've basically seen the guy dropped to his knees in finals after finals. He's no longer a threat to MJ and likely only has 1-2 years left as the Lebron we've seen for over a decade. Can you now cheer a little or at least become somewhat indifferent to him possibly bringing Cleveland their first title in ~50 years? Love or hate him, I think it's been a fun ride pulling for/against him for 13 years. I don't know if any other player is ready to take that love/hate role - I would say Curry, but he's way to nice to hate.
Poor, poor Lebron!

He only has two rings! And he's only had seven opportunities to win one!

The poor guy just can't catch a break...

Old 06-13-2016, 10:00 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,975,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Tame is Duncan and Nowitzki. Lebron is arrogant because he's been told his whole life he's the greatest and he believes it.
I said tamest superstar. Duncan and Nowitzki aren't superstars. And before you jump on me, being a superstar has nothing to do with how good a player you are. I actually would take Duncan circa 2003 over any version of LeBron. Being a superstar means being marketed heavily and treated as the bell cow of the league. When you consider how much LeBron has been told he is the greatest, it's quite amazing he isn't far more arrogant. Like I said, he's not near as arrogant as Jordan or Kobe. Hell, even guys like Iverson and KG were far more arrogant than him.

Ugh, you guys are making me look like a LeBron fan.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:01 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,975,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
For once I agree with slo. Lebron is super arrogant. He gets hot headed and then plays the victim card a lot too.
When Bird got hot-headed I guess it was called "passion" then, right?

Old 06-13-2016, 10:21 AM

14,690 posts, read 14,672,707 times
I wouldn't call James arrogant as much as entitled. This week's dust-up proves it (though likely it was a ploy to get Green suspended). Dude cries to the refs every time a call goes against him, even when he steps out of bounds. He's quickly turning into a one-man version of the Clippers

Old 06-13-2016, 10:30 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,619,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Ok, so if the Cavs get taken out (personally hoping for a dramatic ending), will anyone reconsider their dislike/hate of Lebron? We've basically seen the guy dropped to his knees in finals after finals. He's no longer a threat to MJ and likely only has 1-2 years left as the Lebron we've seen for over a decade. Can you now cheer a little or at least become somewhat indifferent to him possibly bringing Cleveland their first title in ~50 years? Love or hate him, I think it's been a fun ride pulling for/against him for 13 years. I don't know if any other player is ready to take that love/hate role - I would say Curry, but he's way to nice to hate.
Lebron's a chump, not a champ. I think he baited Green knowing he would retaliate and maybe get kicked out of game 5, and Green fell for it.

A real champion wants to beat a team at their best. Not to try to get rid of one of their best player so they can hopefully win. I also feel they might want to hurt Curry so he can't play. That is there only way of winning this series.

I also think Lebron might leave Cleveland again because 2 rings is not enough to make him one of the best ever. So he will go somewhere where his chances are better to winning a ring. Maybe collude with a few players like he did the last time when he got his rings in Miami.

With all that said, I still think Golden State will win game 5.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:35 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,104,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
When Bird got hot-headed I guess it was called "passion" then, right?
bird was a notoriously arrogant person/player. he was considered a jerk by almost all accounts.

Old 06-13-2016, 10:36 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,619,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I'd rather drink Mexican tap water than cheer for him.

OK, what about Brazilian tap water over cheering for Lebron??

Old 06-13-2016, 12:22 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,586,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Like I said, he's not near as arrogant as Jordan or Kobe. Hell, even guys like Iverson and KG were far more arrogant than him.

Ugh, you guys are making me look like a LeBron fan.
I'll take Michael and Kobe's brand of arrogance. At least those guys were upfront about who they are. LeBron tries to pretend to be something other than what he is. Kobe and Michael are jerks. But they will be the first to tell you they are jerks. LeBron wants to pretend he isn't a jerk all the while doing what jerks do.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:02 AM

11,076 posts, read 12,477,835 times
I don't get this "LeBron is so arrogant" thing. I've heard it on these boards but also at bars. Why does he get singled out? Serious question. And why does that personally offend so many people especially in pro sports?

Remember when Kobe raped that lady? Yeah, I'll take LeBron's "arrogance" over criminal activity. And Michael Jordan is a grade A d bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball