Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 10:10 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,674,035 times

Advertisements

Intriguing options if he opts out to go elsewhere.

Durant Likes Warriors' Silicon Valley Connections, 'Sees Advantages Beyond Basketball' - RealGM Wiretap

Quote:
Kevin Durant will reportedly consider signing with the Golden State Warriors in the offseason.

While the Oklahoma City Thunder are the favorites to re-sign Durant, the Warriors present a compelling case with how he would fit in replacing Harrison Barnes and for potential business opportunities.

According to sources, Durant likes the Warriors' "deep connections to Silicon Valley" and "sees advantages beyond basketball."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 12:16 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
He lives in California already, so I can see him being intrigued by the financial part of the state since he already enjoys the flashy side.
Personally, while I can't promise I wouldn't get excited having his talent on the team, I think he'd take up too much payroll for a team that already has three All Stars on it. I like the idea of Al Hortford or Hassan Whiteside much better. Durant has height but they really need a (capable) big with agility on both sides of the ball who can bang with the Steve Adams and Triston Thompsons of the league.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:57 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
He lives in California already, so I can see him being intrigued by the financial part of the state since he already enjoys the flashy side.
Personally, while I can't promise I wouldn't get excited having his talent on the team, I think he'd take up too much payroll for a team that already has three All Stars on it. I like the idea of Al Hortford or Hassan Whiteside much better. Durant has height but they really need a (capable) big with agility on both sides of the ball who can bang with the Steve Adams and Triston Thompsons of the league.

They were saying on the draft last night that the Warriors would only need to trade Bogut or Igoudala and they'd have enough cap space to sign Durant. I think Horford is a better fit for them though.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:05 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
Doesn't Durant complain about the media hounding him in OKC? I can't imagine the situation would improve on GS.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:49 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,277,027 times
Besides the money/cap issues, I just don't see how he (Durant) would fit in their system. Whiteside would be a better fit, but I wouldn't mind Whiteside on the Lakers....so GS can't have him.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:49 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,549,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
Besides the money/cap issues, I just don't see how he (Durant) would fit in their system. Whiteside would be a better fit, but I wouldn't mind Whiteside on the Lakers....so GS can't have him.
Really?

A running scorer and can break down a defense a bad fit for GS?

Now, to be sure losing Bogut (and the trumped up flagrant on Green) cost them the title this year as the Cavs started scoring more effectively inside, is a killer but defensive centers can be found and they have a lot of trade bait for that.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:05 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Really?

Now, to be sure losing Bogut (and the trumped up flagrant on Green) cost them the title this year as the Cavs started scoring more effectively inside, is a killer but defensive centers can be found and they have a lot of trade bait for that.
Why do you care? You started a thread claiming it's all fixed so what does it matter if they get Kevin Durant or Kevin Hart?

Old 06-24-2016, 12:22 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,277,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Really?

Yes, really.

If Durant is added to GS, you're going to see a Love situation, where someone is going to have to play out of position, or sit the bench, or change the style of play to more ISO-centric ball when Durant is in. Plus Curry will get a MAX contract next year and Durant if offered would probably be a one year deal anyway; they couldn't afford both. 3 if you count Green's contract.

GS still needs depth at C. This was proven during the Finals. Plus, GS already has scorers. Curry and Thompson were just cold (not in a good way) towards the end.

Just because you add another scorer doesn't mean you're suddenly going to score 130 points every night, it just doesn't work like that.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:44 PM

11,063 posts, read 12,463,801 times
Durant needs to be the number one guy on his team. Honestly, I think he's better suited where he is now in OKC than anywhere else. They are already in position to win it all next year.

I'd love for him to be a Celtic though. I think he'd fit well there. But Boston really isn't the same level as OKC right now. So if he wants to win soon, he should stay where he's at.

Old 06-24-2016, 01:23 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,479,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Durant needs to be the number one guy on his team. Honestly, I think he's better suited where he is now in OKC than anywhere else. They are already in position to win it all next year.

I'd love for him to be a Celtic though. I think he'd fit well there. But Boston really isn't the same level as OKC right now. So if he wants to win soon, he should stay where he's at.

IMO Boston would catapult up to the Cavs level if Durant went there. The East is lacking that big threat outside of James that if he goes to one of those teams (and even a team on the outside like Washington) he automatically catapults them to the top tier of the conference. The fact that the Celtics were close this year....if he went to the Celtics, I'd pick the Celtics to represent the East in the 2017 finals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball