Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 06:07 PM

578 posts, read 458,505 times

Advertisements

They blew clippers!! Their chemistry is getting better i wonder how lebron gonna stop this super team!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 06:12 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,442,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
They blew clippers!! Their chemistry is getting better i wonder how lebron gonna stop this super team!!

Don't get carried away, it's only preseason. The Clippers are an above average team.

Old 10-06-2016, 05:07 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Don't get carried away, it's only preseason. The Clippers are an above average team.
agreed, its preseason, and first showing at home.
of course they were going to come out on fire.
a lot to prove.

the clippers IMO are headed for a fast decline. you can only be a bridesmaid for so long before you become and OLD MAID.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:47 AM

578 posts, read 458,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
But you gotta admit the BEST players in NBA play for warriors klay,durant,curry,&green!!!

cavs will have a hard time!

Old 10-06-2016, 09:15 AM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
I actually think they may be more vulnerable to the Spurs than they were last season. Although Duncan has had a much better career than Gasol, I'd have to say that this year's Pau Gasol will be an improvement over last year's Big Fundamental. The Spurs were able to exploit the Warriors' lack of an interior presence during their second meeting in 2016. The Warriors' lack of a true interior defender may be the achilles heel the Spurs can attack.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:24 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I actually think they may be more vulnerable to the Spurs than they were last season. Although Duncan has had a much better career than Gasol, I'd have to say that this year's Pau Gasol will be an improvement over last year's Big Fundamental. The Spurs were able to exploit the Warriors' lack of an interior presence during their second meeting in 2016. The Warriors' lack of a true interior defender may be the achilles heel the Spurs can attack.
That's a question they will encounter with any slash to hoop uptempo team.

I personally don't think the matchup is any easier or any harder but acknowledge that the Dubs are improved in some areas and there could be cause for concern in others. I like Kevin Durant a lot but the Dubs lost a little depth and certain role positions that gave them a distinct advantage over a lot of teams

I'd like to see the Cavs attack Curry in the same manner and while there are stars all over the court with the two teams it may come down to Irving v. Curry and if Curry is < Irving again....looks good for Cleveland

Old 10-06-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
That's a question they will encounter with any slash to hoop uptempo team.

I personally don't think the matchup is any easier or any harder but acknowledge that the Dubs are improved in some areas and there could be cause for concern in others. I like Kevin Durant a lot but the Dubs lost a little depth and certain role positions that gave them a distinct advantage over a lot of teams

I'd like to see the Cavs attack Curry in the same manner and while there are stars all over the court with the two teams it may come down to Irving v. Curry and if Curry is < Irving again....looks good for Cleveland
I think the Warriors might be more vulnerable against the Spurs because the Spurs actually have interior scorers. Though it was just one regular season game, the Spurs really beat up the Warriors on the inside when Bogut and Ezeli were out.

Bogut has been more of a liability than an asset against Cleveland. They don't really need a big body on the inside against Cleveland the way they would against San Antonio or OKC.

Golden State had a parade of horribles in the Finals last year. One of the big problems--aside from Green's suspension--was Harrison Barnes' extremely poor play. Kevin Durant is not going to play that poorly even on his worst day.

Harrison Barnes is ruining the Warriors

Old 10-06-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I think the Warriors might be more vulnerable against the Spurs because the Spurs actually have interior scorers. Though it was just one regular season game, the Spurs really beat up the Warriors on the inside when Bogut and Ezeli were out.

Bogut has been more of a liability than an asset against Cleveland. They don't really need a big body on the inside against Cleveland the way they would against San Antonio or OKC.

Golden State had a parade of horribles in the Finals last year. One of the big problems--aside from Green's suspension--was Harrison Barnes' extremely poor play. Kevin Durant is not going to play that poorly even on his worst day.

Harrison Barnes is ruining the Warriors
I think the Cavs shared those parade of horribles for half or even a little over half the series.

Hey Lebron and Kyrie can get to the hoop on anyone- and when they do it opens up guys like T. Thompson who (GREAT Rebounder, but he's more of a catch and dunk guy). I count getting to the basket and dishing off those stroll to the hoops as interior offense. Lebron is the BEST interior dish guy in the NBA. Cleveland is one of the best interior scoring basketball teams. When the outside stuff is falling- its not fair. As far as back to the basket stuff (almost old school at this point), I'd have to say the Spurs- but K. Love has a little game there too.

Bogut if I recall correctly took over Game 2 with three or four critical blocks. And I have to admit I was a little surprised of T. Thompson's play early in the series, but thought he took over like I knew he was capable of when Bogut left.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:55 AM

What Durant gives the Warriors that they didn't have before is a supremely unstoppable scorer. While Lebron has a more complete package than KD (passing, court vision, basketball IQ), a superior scoring prowess is not included in that package. A prime Kobe Bryant would likely put the clamps on Steph Curry, but there's really no individual defender stopping Kevin Durant. You more or less have to force him into making mental mistakes.

Teams could beat OKC by doubling Durant (on and off the ball) and forcing him to give up the ball. Durant really never had shooters around him in OKC. Anthony Morrow? He's a good 3 point shooter but he only averaged 13 mins per game last season. Long-range shooting is obviously not Westbrook's strength. Same goes for Andre Roberson, who averaged an eye boggling 4 points per game last year. Dion Waiters? Eh.

When the double team comes against Durant, the ball will be going to Steph Curry or Klay Thompson. Big difference.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
What Durant gives the Warriors that they didn't have before is a supremely unstoppable scorer. While Lebron has a more complete package than KD (passing, court vision, basketball IQ), a superior scoring prowess is not included in that package. A prime Kobe Bryant would likely put the clamps on Steph Curry, but there's really no individual defender stopping Kevin Durant. You more or less have to force him into making mental mistakes.

Teams could beat OKC by doubling Durant (on and off the ball) and forcing him to give up the ball. Durant really never had shooters around him in OKC. Anthony Morrow? He's a good 3 point shooter but he only averaged 13 mins per game last season. Long-range shooting is obviously not Westbrook's strength. Same goes for Andre Roberson, who averaged an eye boggling 4 points per game last year. Dion Waiters? Eh.

When the double team comes against Durant, the ball will be going to Steph Curry or Klay Thompson. Big difference.
And that's noted. Acknowledged. You name it.

It's got to be on and all these new pieces have to mesh for GSW to win a title.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball