Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2016, 01:09 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronejacobs0 View Post
Davis team isn't top 5,the mvp has to have a top team,harden's team has a chance to be top in the west. As for derozen his an all star not a super star.he cant carry a team like harden,lillard or davis. Now damian lillard is up for grabs.
i have to revisit this. hes not top 5, but he is #6 according to espn.
harden ranked 8th best in the league.

NBA: #NBArank 6, New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2016, 07:24 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Last nights game was the first Laker game I really took in this year. I was really impressed with Julius Randle. He recorded his second career triple double. I see why they are comparing him to Draymond Green. He runs the floor really well for a 6'9" guy.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:27 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,271,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Last nights game was the first Laker game I really took in this year. I was really impressed with Julius Randle. He recorded his second career triple double. I see why they are comparing him to Draymond Green. He runs the floor really well for a 6'9" guy.
It was a decent game, though Brooklyn isn't that good.

When he's under control and slows down his game, he actually can have a bit of finesse. Opposing teams expect him to just drive 100% of the time, and the fact that he can dish (for the most part) really can throw off the other teams.

However like Luke said after the game, there are still things he needs to work on, like hustle, defense and not having mental lapses on the other end of the court.

In the end the Lakers did what they had to do, the beat a team that they should have beat.

I think the next few games against much better teams are going to be a real test. Spurs, Bulls, Thunder, Warriors x2 and the Hawks. The Lakers could easily go 0-6 and throw away what they've built up so far.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:31 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
It was a decent game, though Brooklyn isn't that good.

When he's under control and slows down his game, he actually can have a bit of finesse. Opposing teams expect him to just drive 100% of the time, and the fact that he can dish (for the most part) really can throw off the other teams.

However like Luke said after the game, there are still things he needs to work on, like hustle, defense and not having mental lapses on the other end of the court.

In the end the Lakers did what they had to do, the beat a team that they should have beat.

I think the next few games against much better teams are going to be a real test. Spurs, Bulls, Thunder, Warriors x2 and the Hawks. The Lakers could easily go 0-6 and throw away what they've built up so far.
Yeah, I am hoping they go 2-4 in that stretch. That would put that right at .500 I think.

Old 11-16-2016, 06:04 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
You don't make any sense bro.
So harden doesn't have to play defense because he's got a decent team? Ridiculous

You said harden shouldn't be asked to play defense because he scores so much. I listed 3 players right off the bat that both play defense (some exceptional defense in Davis's case) AND score MORE than harden.

The fact is, harden COULD play good defense, but he CHOOSES not to. He doesn't think he needs to.
^^ This. There are so many hilarious clips of Harden's lackadaisical efforts of defense on YouTube it should be a crime. Put up an effort. If you get burned, and you are trying, that is one thing. These are great players, after all. But to not even put any effort into it?

Getouttahere...

Old 11-20-2016, 04:30 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
^^ This. There are so many hilarious clips of Harden's lackadaisical efforts of defense on YouTube it should be a crime. Put up an effort. If you get burned, and you are trying, that is one thing. These are great players, after all. But to not even put any effort into it?

Getouttahere...
So far he has put in more effort this year on defense. He won't be mistaken for Gary Payton anytime soon.

Old 11-20-2016, 05:28 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So far he has put in more effort this year on defense. He won't be mistaken for Gary Payton anytime soon.
He's got awhile to go to fix that reputation he has built for himself. We'll see how long he puts forth this effort.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:39 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Oh boy, in professional sports, "clear the air" meetings never lead to any good. It's akin to the PIP review employees get. Nothing good ever comes out of it.

Not a good sign when your players are openly rebelling against management.

Report: Knicks’ players, Phil Jackson have clear the air meeting |

Quote:
Phil Jackson wanted to see more triangle offense (or he didn’t), but either way the players are chafing against that offense. Derrick Rose is not a triangle point guard, he wants to get going downhill of the pick. The Knicks spent $72 million on Joakim Noah to play center, but have looked better with Kristaps Porzingis at the five (although in such small numbers it’s hard to know for sure). Carmelo Anthony didn’t like Jackson’s comments about LeBron’s “posse.”

Old 11-21-2016, 06:16 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
The Mavericks are dead last in the league. Ouch.

Well I should probably enjoy it anyways since Dirk won't be playing much longer.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:33 PM

1,281 posts, read 776,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
The Mavericks are dead last in the league. Ouch.

Well I should probably enjoy it anyways since Dirk won't be playing much longer.

Is that because Dirk is not playing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball