Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2017, 08:30 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,744,445 times

Advertisements

Well the Heat won but still need a loss by Chicago or Indy on wednesday and they have to beat the Wizards. Doesn't look too good for them to get the 8th spot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 08:39 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
HEAT WIN!!!!

So I assume if they win against the Wizards, they would need a Bulls loss or Pacers loss to make the playoffs.

The Bulls are playing the Nets so they likely make it.

The Pacers are playing the Hawks who will probably play their bench.

Odds aren't in Heat's favor, but still a nice job finishing at/near .500.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
HEAT WIN!!!!

So I assume if they win against the Wizards, they would need a Bulls loss or Pacers loss to make the playoffs.

The Bulls are playing the Nets so they likely make it.

The Pacers are playing the Hawks who will probably play their bench.

Odds aren't in Heat's favor, but still a nice job finishing at/near .500.

Nope chances are slim now but the Heat have battled all season.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:47 AM

1,564 posts, read 1,669,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
I know Jordan's 32-8-8 season is very big, but look at his steals/blocks in 1987-88:
35.0 points
5.9 assists
5.5 rebounds
3.2 steals
1.6 blocks
.535 field goals

Yeah thats amazing if you think about it.
Plus his 10 scoring titles & DPOY award is probably a record that'll never be broken by a guard.

That's why i dont get how people can compare Lebron to the Greatness of Jordan.

Lebron is basically the 2nd version of Oscar Robertson.

He's a top 10 great for sure but Jordan is the GOAT hands down.

The only way someone can surpass Jordan is to lead their team to 7 titles with 7 finals Mvps with no losses in the finals PERIOD.

Kobe & Duncan got so close to be honest but they both fell short with a couple losses in the finals.

Kobe had a great shot to accomplish a 2nd 3peat in 2011 but his team was simply out of gas vs Dallas.They been in the finals every year since 2008 and won back to back from 09 & 10 so i could understand.But had Kobe won at least 1 more ring,he would be the closest to Jordan in terms of success. [ 6 Rings ]

Than there's Magic Johnson,who also has 5 rings and believe it or not some consider him or Kareem the GOAT.

If Lebron loses another finals this year,which is highly likely than i believe his window his closed.

Curry is the closest player with enough time on his hands to chase Jordan in terms of winning titles.At best i see the Warriors winning 2 or 3 more championships until the Dynasty is over.

So it looks like Jordan will stay the GOAT for the next 20 years or maybe forever.

Lebron actually had the best shot to surpass Jordan because he's arguably bigger,stronger & faster.

But it was the killer instinct that seperated Jordan from the rest.His passion & will to win was unhuman and the only player with that same fire was Kobe of course.

When Lebron went to Miami it upset alot of people because he teamed up with other Superstars.

I cant see Jordan calling Magic & Bird and saying hey lets form a Super team so we can chase rings.I mean you cant blame Lebron but when you wanna be remembered as the GOAT,than you kill all your competetion so there's no doubt who the Greatest is.

But even than,had Lebron and the Heat won every final they was in he would have at least 4 or 5 titles right now.

His performance in the 2011 finals was horrible.
Many say 2013 was luck because if the Ray Allen shot misses or Duncan was in the game to grab the rebound than that's another finals loss.

2015 & 16 are hard to judge because his team was hurt in 2015 and than in 2016,there's so many things people point out to say the Warriors were screwed so basically his only title won without any controversy was in 2012.

But it's the past now,2017 Finals will clear up any doubt to what happen in 2015 & 16.

Now lets say Lebron performs a miracle and wins,he'll still only have 4 rings to Jordan's 6.

He's 32 years old now and is starting to run out of gas because he's played so many minutes coming straight out of high school like Kobe.

Lebron is tired and like i said with another loss the window is closed.

If he retired today,he's done enough to go down as a top 10 but he just wont be the GOAT.

Some even rank him over Kobe,Shaq,Magic & Duncan now which is hilarious.

Than others say he's already the GOAT or 2nd behind Jordan.

But anyone who knows the game know you gotta have those rings when it's all said and done.

So i stand by what i said.There's many great players in the Nba today but nobody has a chance to surpass Jordan in titles besides Curry and that's at best.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Plus his 10 scoring titles & DPOY award is probably a record that'll never be broken by a guard.

The only way someone can surpass Jordan is to lead their team to 7 titles with 7 finals Mvps with no losses in the finals PERIOD.

Kobe & Duncan got so close to be honest but they both fell short with a couple losses in the finals.

Kobe had a great shot to accomplish a 2nd 3peat in 2011 but his team was simply out of gas vs Dallas.They been in the finals every year since 2008 and won back to back from 09 & 10 so i could understand.But had Kobe won at least 1 more ring,he would be the closest to Jordan in terms of success. [ 6 Rings ]

Than there's Magic Johnson,who also has 5 rings and believe it or not some consider him or Kareem the GOAT.

If Lebron loses another finals this year,which is highly likely than i believe his window his closed.

Curry is the closest player with enough time on his hands to chase Jordan in terms of winning titles.At best i see the Warriors winning 2 or 3 more championships until the Dynasty is over.

So it looks like Jordan will stay the GOAT for the next 20 years or maybe forever.

Lebron actually had the best shot to surpass Jordan because he's arguably bigger,stronger & faster.

But it was the killer instinct that seperated Jordan from the rest.His passion & will to win was unhuman and the only player with that same fire was Kobe of course.

When Lebron went to Miami it upset alot of people because he teamed up with other Superstars.

I cant see Jordan calling Magic & Bird and saying hey lets form a Super team so we can chase rings.I mean you cant blame Lebron but when you wanna be remembered as the GOAT,than you kill all your competetion so there's no doubt who the Greatest is.

But even than,had Lebron and the Heat won every final they was in he would have at least 4 or 5 titles right now.

Many say 2013 was luck because if the Ray Allen shot misses or Duncan was in the game to grab the rebound than that's another finals loss.

2015 & 16 are hard to judge because his team was hurt in 2015 and than in 2016,there's so many things people point out to say the Warriors were screwed so basically his only title won without any controversy was in 2012.

But it's the past now,2017 Finals will clear up any doubt to what happen in 2015 & 16.

Now lets say Lebron performs a miracle and wins,he'll still only have 4 rings to Jordan's 6.

He's 32 years old now and is starting to run out of gas because he's played so many minutes coming straight out of high school like Kobe.

If he retired today,he's done enough to go down as a top 10 but he just wont be the GOAT.

But anyone who knows the game know you gotta have those rings when it's all said and done.

So i stand by what i said.There's many great players in the Nba today but nobody has a chance to surpass Jordan in titles besides Curry and that's at best.
I really thought kobe had a shot to tie jordan when he got ring number 5 at the age of 32 but he would never reach another finals again.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:22 AM

10,725 posts, read 4,333,152 times
I'm watching ESPN First Take, and I know Stephen A Smith is a divisive personality, but Max Kellerman is literally the most repulsive personality I've ever seen in sports media. Completely obnoxious in every way.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post

I agree, great points.
Something I've never noticed before and just realized is that Jordan shot .482 from the field in his 37.1ppg season, and then the very next season he scored a very similar 35.0ppg but he shot .535 from the field. That sure is a huge jump. And it wasn't dependent on an improvement in 3-point-shooting at all (he shot .182 in the 37.1ppg season, and .132 in the 35.0ppg). I guess his mid-range game rapidly improved.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I agree, great points.
Something I've never noticed before and just realized is that Jordan shot .482 from the field in his 37.1ppg season, and then the very next season he scored a very similar 35.0ppg but he shot .535 from the field. That sure is a huge jump. And it wasn't dependent on an improvement in 3-point-shooting at all (he shot .182 in the 37.1ppg season, and .132 in the 35.0ppg). I guess his mid-range game rapidly improved.
I rarely recall seeing Jordan miss a open jumpshot in the early 90's. The man was just so dominant and could beat you in so many ways.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:38 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,583,792 times
Quote:
I'm watching ESPN First Take, and I know Stephen A Smith is a divisive personality, but Max Kellerman is literally the most repulsive personality I've ever seen in sports media. Completely obnoxious in every way.
I actually like Max. But I liked him more on the radio. He likes detail and developing his points. Radio allowed him to do that. The format of First Take is just not good for his style of communication.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I rarely recall seeing Jordan miss a open jumpshot in the early 90's. The man was just so dominant and could beat you in so many ways.
Yeah I always found Jordan far more entertaining than anybody in recent years, because he had so many tricky moves and smart footwork to beat the defense with.
But in addition to that, he had superb fundamentals, and you could rely on him to convert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball