Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2017, 06:10 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Jordan was the GOAT in his era it's highly unlikely the Bulls could ever go on the run that they did back then, in the modern era.
The Heat would have 3 peated if not for Lebron in 2011. The Warriors were a shot or two away from 3 peating. If the Warriors stay together they may still 3 peat like the Bulls did.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:04 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBull View Post
So if most titles don't equal goat, tell me how Jordan is the goat without a discussion of rings. And then tell me how much winning Jordan did without Pippen. Jordan owes all of his success to one of the best supporting player the league has ever. Lebron redeem himself for what? He's been to the NBA Finals like 6 or 7 times consecutively. How about Jordan? And don't tell me, "well if he didn't retire...".

As for Wade, when Lebron went to Miami, the Heat was his team. Wade was already on the decline. And even at the top of his game, Lebron still had a higher winning percentage.

Lebron has no mental edge? Yeah, no athlete with a mental edge can have 3 championship rings under his belt while carrying every team he's been on. Jordan had Pippen. Magic had Worthy and Kareem. Who has Lebron played with at the peak of their careers that's HOF bound?

Jordan is the highest scoring player of all time. 6/6 in championship round. Lebron is the Buffalo Bills if they had actually won a super bowl.

Lets not over hype Pippen as good as he was, Jordan was the team.

Wade carried Lebron. Wade was the leader of that Heat team.

Lebron has lost more titles than he has won. Mental midget for a player thats supposed to be that good.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:36 AM

1,564 posts, read 1,669,599 times
LeBron playing in the weak east on SuperTeams boosted his stats for the past 7 years.

He's most definitely not making 7 straight trips to the finals out West.

Breaking all of these records are what he was supposed to do because he came in the game straight from high school with the free will to lead his team.

Regardless to that,he's still a top 10 player in history. Just not the greatest.

How many rings do Iverson win if he teamed up with 3 other Superstars in his prime ?

Old 06-10-2017, 08:20 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Passing Magic Johnson for most triple doubles in the finals doesn't hurt his chances.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:26 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
LeBron playing in the weak east on SuperTeams boosted his stats for the past 7 years.

He's most definitely not making 7 straight trips to the finals out West.

Breaking all of these records are what he was supposed to do because he came in the game straight from high school with the free will to lead his team.

Regardless to that,he's still a top 10 player in history. Just not the greatest.

How many rings do Iverson win if he teamed up with 3 other Superstars in his prime ?
So let me get this straight, Lebron "padded his stats"by being on super teams, but Kobe put up his numbers despite playing along side all time greats like Shaq.

#DoubleStandard
#InconsistentArguments
#KobeSack

Old 06-10-2017, 09:59 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
So let me get this straight, Lebron "padded his stats"by being on super teams, but Kobe put up his numbers despite playing along side all time greats like Shaq.

#DoubleStandard
#InconsistentArguments
#KobeSack
You make a good point...give Lebron Shaq, when Shaq was in his prime and let's see what happens. The Cavs have a weak under the basket game Love is good for rebounds but his scoring under the basket is trash.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:43 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Damn not you again lol

Is it Kobe fault he played with Shaq ? Shaq had a great wing player before Kobe and didn't win a thing !!!!

Your obsessed with me crazy lady !!! There's a million other posters to respond too but yet no matter how many days pass you continue to reply to me
Once again you miss the point.

You said Lebron used the "superteam" to pad his stats, but earlier you bragged how Kobe earned his stats despite playing with "the most dominant big ever"

So which is it? Playing with superstars can't hurt one player but help another.

#ConsistencyGetSome
#AyPappiYoureSoCute

Old 06-10-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Once again you miss the point.

You said Lebron used the "superteam" to pad his stats, but earlier you bragged how Kobe earned his stats despite playing with "the most dominant big ever"

So which is it? Playing with superstars can't hurt one player but help another.

#ConsistencyGetSome
#AyPappiYoureSoCute
My point is Kobe wasn't a guaranteed Legend coming into the league. It wasnt like he was already an established Superstar that joined up with Shaq.

Shaq couldn't get it done with Penny so what don't you understand ? Magic needed Kareem and Shaq needed Kobe.

Lebron couldn't win a ring with a 60 w Cavs team so he ran to Miami to team up !!! Name another team in the east with multiple All stars ?

Old 06-10-2017, 11:59 AM

I talk about Lebron but yet you keep bringing up Kobe like im the one who brought him up lol

See what i mean about the trolling your doing.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:14 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
Damn not you again lol

Is it Kobe fault he played with Shaq ? Shaq had a great wing player before Kobe and didn't win a thing !!!!
Shaq wasn't in his prime when he had Penny. And neither was Penny for that matter, he never got a prime because of injury. Both were too young at that time. Kobe benefited greatly in his early years in the league playing along aside the best player in the league who happened to also be in his prime. Unfortunately for Kobe, when he was in his prime he had Smush Parker and Kwame brown. His only good player was Odom. Once Pau came it was a good team again but Kobe was already slightly past his prime IMO.

It's not Kobe's fault that he had Shaq, but I also don't blame Lebron for being surrounded by really bad players his first stint in Cleveland. That's really what forced him out. Kobe likely would have done the same had Pau never arrived. Or, had he stuck it out, he would have retired with 3 rings and only four finals appearances all as Robin to Shaq's Batman. How would that legacy have looked? It's always better to get the talent on your team then to do it all on your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball