Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 07:36 PM

224 posts, read 134,322 times

Advertisements

Jordan the GOAT? HA!

KAJ is the GOAT! Because you sell sneakers off the court doesn't make you a GOAT on the court. And I'm tired of everyone putting Jordan at #1 while not even mentioning Pippen who was the ULTIMATE teammate. Without Pippen, there are no 6 championship rings.

And King James is right up there with Jordan...will likely surpass Jordan once he's done playing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tod...ul-jabbar/amp/

Old 06-13-2017, 09:27 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,122,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBull View Post
Jordan the GOAT? HA!

KAJ is the GOAT! Because you sell sneakers off the court doesn't make you a GOAT on the court. And I'm tired of everyone putting Jordan at #1 while not even mentioning Pippen who was the ULTIMATE teammate. Without Pippen, there are no 6 championship rings.

And King James is right up there with Jordan...will likely surpass Jordan once he's done playing.

Nice try!

Old 06-14-2017, 05:47 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBull View Post
Jordan the GOAT? HA!

It's over. Lebron will never win another title as the man and he'll never pass MJ. He will be 33 going into next year's playoffs - the decline has begun.

Old 06-14-2017, 08:55 AM

15 posts, read 10,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
It's over. Lebron will never win another title as the man and he'll never pass MJ. He will be 33 going into next year's playoffs - the decline has begun.
I remember Jordan winning chips at 35 years old vs Utah like it was nothing. But of course Lebron apologist will point out his stat padding finals as an excuse to why it's not his fault the Cavs lost.

When KD out scores you like 48 to 16 in the 4th quarter of the finals than all those stats mean nothing !!!!

Old 06-14-2017, 09:23 AM

5,828 posts, read 5,635,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB08 View Post
I remember Jordan winning chips at 35 years old vs Utah like it was nothing. But of course Lebron apologist will point out his stat padding finals as an excuse to why it's not his fault the Cavs lost.

When KD out scores you like 48 to 16 in the 4th quarter of the finals than all those stats mean nothing !!!!
Quote:
For you guys' sake, I hope he never wims another chip, so you all don't throw yourselves off the nearest bridge. He's already passed Jordan in several important metrics. Will he pass him overall? Who knows, but he's already the nearest person to Jordan...

I'd like to hear you guys theorize what Jordan's record would be with The Five Year Murderer's Row. We already know Lebron is the greatest player in history to elevate surrounding teammates, and we already know Jordan didn't take an '07 Cavs-type roster anywhere near a Finals. We know Jordan never won two Finals games while missing his two most talented teammates. We know Jordan NEVER, in his entire career, played a team as dominant as the 2015-2017 Warriors. We can keep going...

Jordan was great. Lebron is great. It took 20 years for someone to break Jordan's playoff scoring record. Lebron's mark may never be broken. They are the greatest players of their respective eras. Why won't you let Lebron be great?

Old 06-14-2017, 09:59 AM

15 posts, read 10,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
For you guys' sake, I hope he never wims another chip, so you all don't throw yourselves off the nearest bridge. He's already passed Jordan in several important metrics. Will he pass him overall? Who knows, but he's already the nearest person to Jordan...

I'd like to hear you guys theorize what Jordan's record would be with The Five Year Murderer's Row. We already know Lebron is the greatest player in history to elevate surrounding teammates, and we already know Jordan didn't take an '07 Cavs-type roster anywhere near a Finals. We know Jordan never won two Finals games while missing his two most talented teammates. We know Jordan NEVER, in his entire career, played a team as dominant as the 2015-2017 Warriors. We can keep going...

Jordan was great. Lebron is great. It took 20 years for someone to break Jordan's playoff scoring record. Lebron's mark may never be broken. They are the greatest players of their respective eras. Why won't you let Lebron be great?
Jordan didn't face at team like the 15 - 17 Warriors because Jordan team was the 15 - 17 Warriors !!!!

Jordan was the bar and there's no way around it.
He played in the toughest East era ever and still put up unhuman numbers on a team with no other stars.

Larry Bird called him God in tennis shoes !!!!!

I mean we can go on and on about this but i rather not.

You know the saying,the truth hurts.Jordan himself has said who's the best since he retired but he's called a Lebron hater by his apologists.

Jordan led his 1st Bulls team to a 3 peat where Pippen was the only other great player.Barkley Suns were way more stacked and it wasn't even close.

Let's not bring up the Jordan rules vs the Bad boy pistons

Let's not bring up hand checking or the rough defense of the 80's.

The man averaged 43 ppg in the Nba finals and retired soon after because he said he's done it all in 1993

Jordan didn't team up with Reggie Miller and Barkley to fight off the Celtics or Knicks.He killed all of his competition and went 6 for 6 with 6 mvps in the finals.

Won 70 games and 72 the next year going into his mid 30's.

Why is this even a discussion ?

Old 06-14-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
LeBron averaged a triple-double in the Finals. Is that how you define decline?
And tell me what team MJ has played where he went up against two guys who won at least 4 scoring titles between them and who are HOF-bound?

Old 06-14-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:

Finally...someone with some perspective on this site! And in addition to some of important metrics like Assists and Rebounds where LeBron has exceeded Jordan, the man is the most versatile player ever seen, he is able to guard anyone from positions 1 to 5, and he's faced better teams in the finals - San Antonio (Duncan, Parker, Ginobli) and Golden State - than Jordan ever has faced in the Finals.

And here's the most important metric - Jordan had a HOF in Scottie Pippen. When Jordan played without Pippen, what's his win-loss stat (Chicago and Washington)? 182-228. With Pippen, Jordan could roam around the court, not have to guard the best player on the opposing team, and take over a game b/c no one could single-guard Pippen either.

Scottie Pippen DOES NOT get enough credit. You simply cannot mention Jordan without mentioning Scottie. And while we're at it, might as well throw Dennis Rodman into the mix since he played 3 seasons in Chicago, winning championships all 3 years.

If people are going to judge LeBron based on # of championships in the modern era, than Robert Horry is more of a GOAT than Jordan (7 vs 6 rings) b/c practically every team he's played on, he's won championships.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:03 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,521,634 times
Quote:

It's true that the Spurs and Warriors are better than Jordan's Finals opponents. But it's also true that Jordan's Bulls were the equivalent of the Spurs and Warriors in the 90s: the best team in the league, the measuring stick against which competitors are measured. We now must measure the Warriors against the 2nd Bulls 3-peat, because no other team in the modern NBA compares.

Of course Lebron is great. Of course Jordan is great. Of course Kareem & Magic & Bill Russell are great.

Best players of their generations? There's one major difference here. In Jordan's prime, there were just 2 years he didn't win MVP. One went to Barkley and the other to Malone. I think Malone has a fair case to be the legit MVP, but Barkley is . . . a stretch. Jordan should have won over Barkley. You can make a case either way between Jordan and Malone.

LBJ, in his prime, has lost out on 4 MVPs. James should have beat Rose. But Durant's case was stronger than James' in 13-14. Curry's was stronger than James' in both 14-15 & 15-16. We're about to see James lose out on a 5th, but we're going to see him lose out to a player with a weaker case than James. I would not award it to James this year over Harden and Kawhi, but I would put him above Westbrook for sure.

Jordan was not the clear-cut MVP in just 1 year in his prime. LBJ was not the clear-cut MVP in 4 years of his prime (thus far). It may well be that the competition is tougher now than it was in the 90s. But James has been consistently among the top stars in his generation--and for a very long time, where Jordan was consistently above the top stars in his own generation.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:06 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
The NBA is a business so when i consider GOAT status i am looking at everything. Job performance in the court and out.

Jordan is #1 when it comes to GOAT of the NBA. Jordan reignited the fan base of the NBA when Magic and Bird where on their decline. He made the NBA into an international game. Turn basketball sneakers into a hot commodity. Nike still makes $1 Billion of the Jordan brand. Countless of NBA players state that Jordan was the reason why they started playing basketball or wanted to be in the NBA. He helped Bugs Bunny fight the Monsters. Do we remember the Dream Team? Basketball was a respected soap opera when Jordan played (as the world turns, days of our life, general hospital). Now, it's like a trashy reality TV show (Jersey shore, kardashian, basketball wives). They will never be another GOAT unless the NBA suffers a big drop in fan base and viewership.

Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain broke the racial ceilings in the NBA. They are not to be counted out. Bill Russell also became a NBA coach. Without these 2 we wouldn't have had Magic, Jordan, etc. They would be NBA Legends to me.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar was one of the 1st NBA stars to break into Hollywood. (Airplane, that Bruce Lee movie, etc). Kareem was limited by his personality. He was extremely shy and reserve. The Stars of the NBA arose with Magic and Bird.

GOAT;
Jordan
Magic - Bird
Kareem
Kobe Bryant
Shaq
Lebron
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball