Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2017, 11:26 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Gordon Haywood, superstar in the making (on the national spotlight of the playoffs)!!!

Old 04-25-2017, 11:28 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Gordon Haywood, superstar in the making (on the national spotlight of the playoffs)!!!
I think if Utah can't close it out at home in game 6 they lose the series. I don't see them winning a 3rd game in LA

Old 04-26-2017, 12:05 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,460,573 times
Nah Clippers are toast. I don't even think that's gonna be a game Friday, Utah blows them out, and then the entire team should get blown up immediately afterwards.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:21 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Absolutely classless move (once again) by Westbrook.

Storms off the court without shaking the Rocket's hands, while his teammates graciously hug and congratulate the Rocket's.

While I respect his unreal drive and determination, I despise Russell's lack of class.
Everyone is different.

After beating on each other for the last week and a half, I totally understand not shaking hands while leaving the court. He can do that after he showers and changes. Some people just need a minute... it's OK.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:55 AM

FYI for the OKC/Hou series...

OKC w/ Westbrook: +15
OKC w/o Westbrook: -58

Hou w/ Harden: +19
Hou w/o Harden: +24

Old 04-26-2017, 08:31 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Westbrook is a great player, who plays all out. His 4th quarter performances indicate he is worn out late in games. He does need more help, but would he defer to other players, especially down the stretch? I don't see any star players wanting to join him in OKC, because they won't get the ball much. He has a lot of assists because he always has the ball. Also, I doubt he has many assists in 4th quarters of games.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:40 AM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Everyone is different.

After beating on each other for the last week and a half, I totally understand not shaking hands while leaving the court. He can do that after he showers and changes. Some people just need a minute... it's OK.
Sorry that excuse doesn't cut it.

Why did Durant shake the hands of the Warriors last year while Russell did not, after a bitter series lost in game 7?

Westbrook is just not a very nice person. Sportsmanship is sportsmanship. Period.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:50 AM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Westbrook is a great player, who plays all out. His 4th quarter performances indicate he is worn out late in games. He does need more help, but would he defer to other players, especially down the stretch? I don't see any star players wanting to join him in OKC, because they won't get the ball much. He has a lot of assists because he always has the ball. Also, I doubt he has many assists in 4th quarters of games.
Yeah, he HAD help but he ran the guy off because he's all about RW and not about team.

He needs to mature.

Not taking anything away from his on-court, he's top 3 in the league imo.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:06 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
He needs to mature. I stand by my prediction 3 years ago, (while it will never be proven) that OKC would win a championship if they (Durant & Westbrook) stayed together.

Westbrook drove off Durant.

He may very well go down as the most talented player to never win a championship at this rate.
NBA history is full of talented players who weren't winners. Westbrook fits into a special category: talented players who don't play winning basketball. Increasingly over their pairing in OKC, there was too much Westbrook offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Does anyone think they are starting to act too silly on Inside the NBA on TNT? I can't deal with the silliness anymore and it seems like they are dumbing down the show because of shaq.

This show is not what it used to be
I think Barkley is the only dumb one on the show, but he is also the most entertaining.

Quote:
Hayward is a very good player. I don't think you can be a contender with Hayward as your best player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Nah Clippers are toast. I don't even think that's gonna be a game Friday, Utah blows them out, and then the entire team should get blown up immediately afterwards.
They should get blown up (they should have been before the trade deadline), but will they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
FYI for the OKC/Hou series...

OKC w/ Westbrook: +15
OKC w/o Westbrook: -58

Hou w/ Harden: +19
Hou w/o Harden: +24
I think a better measure is ORtg & DRtg. Harden's are 114 & 106, Westbrook's are 106 & 110.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
The Thunder have a much better roster than people give them credit for. They just have an inefficient offense.

Quote:
Yeah, he HAD help but he ran the guy off because he's all about RW and not about team.

He needs to mature.

I think Westbrook gets too much credit for putting up numbers. I don't think he's a top 3 PG in the NBA today.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Sorry that excuse doesn't cut it.

Why did Durant shake the hands of the Warriors last year while Russell did not, after a bitter series lost in game 7?

Westbrook is just not a very nice person. Sportsmanship is sportsmanship. Period.
Why? Because they are different people.

Does it matter that you see the handshake or not on TV? Can it not take place after an hour or two?

Quote:

He needs to mature.

They had Durant, Harden, and Ibaka. What happened? Need to look at ownership as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball