Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 07:03 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
You sound like Bob Costas
Nah, if he sounded like Costas, he'd find a way to interject politics and irrelevant personal politics into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
What Media head is saying such nonsense? We never got such a rivalry with Jordans Bulls and Kobe's Lakers played the Celtics twice in the Finals, San Antonio and Miami came close to creating a great rivalry but Miami sucks now and GoldenState is the top of west. Its almost perfect. People have been wanting that type of rivalry for while now in the NBA and now we got it. Lakers and Celtics meet six times in the 60s & three times in the 80s. They NEVER meet 3 times in a row like Cavaliers -Warriors could. We may see history.
Maybe not in the finals but there were plenty of rivalries in the 80's and 90's that were more enjoyable to watch than the team with the same guy roll to a finals appearance every year because the conference is still weak.

Think about it, the balance of the conference can be shifted by 1 player. That's how weak the conference is.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:44 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,043 times
Is it his fault no one wants to go to the east? Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Curry, Green, Iguodala, Leonard? Well yeah, it is. He's that good.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:08 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Nah, if he sounded like Costas, he'd find a way to interject politics and irrelevant personal politics into it.

Maybe not in the finals but there were plenty of rivalries in the 80's and 90's that were more enjoyable to watch than the team with the same guy roll to a finals appearance every year because the conference is still weak.

Think about it, the balance of the conference can be shifted by 1 player. That's how weak the conference is.
I was speaking ONLY about the NBA Finals.

Old 05-26-2017, 02:41 PM

The Trilogy!

Old 05-29-2017, 05:58 AM

144 posts, read 304,284 times
Warriors should be favored as they are. In 2015 with no Durant and making their first real championship run, they lost only twice, both times very narrowly, Cavs winning by 2, and 5 points in those games. Then Warriors took the next 3, 2 out of those 3 games in Cleveland, and all wins by 10 points except game 6 was a 8 point win.

Warriors had them last year...I think somehow they took them too lightly, and their heads got big up 3-1. I think they thought the Cavs wouldn't fight back as they did. Losing Bogut and the Green suspension were huge. It was also the first time Warriors were in the defending champ position, had been pushed hard in the Thunder series, didn't quite know what it took to repeat. And had that record breaking regular season which took a lot out of them. Also didn't Curry get hurt and it was repeated by announcers during Finals he was not his usual self.

Warriors tasted defeat, upgraded with Durant, Green will play all games....Warriors have won I believe by higher margins than Cavs and were tested in 1 game? Cavs lost to Celtics once and were pushed hard in another game by the Celtics, had the 20+ point comeback in Pacers series. Cavs had mediocre regular season, are coming off shorter rest than Warriors. Cavs bench often disappeared throughout playoffs.

Also the Celtics had a TON of missed OPEN, MAKEABLE shots, Cavs D really isn't that good. The Warriors will knock down those shots the Celtics missed, and make a lot more 3s than the Celtics. Lebron has proven he can go cold, reluctant, and sheepish. If Kyrie and Love aren't consistently great, where are their points going to come from? I don't see Thompson dominating the boards or the paint. Warriors are just going to put up way more points than the Celtics, and remember the Celtics lost their best scorer in I believe game 2.

Way I see it it's the Warriors series to lose all the way. Lebron got lucky last year...coming back down 3-1, Warriors really choked, and remember how Game 7 was really clinched, it was Kyree's long 3 that sealed the win. I don't see Warriors ever letting it get to a Game 7 this time. I look for those first 2 games to be blowouts with a RAUCOUS Warriors crowd.

Lebron is so arrogant to even think he can win this series. Outside of him and Kyree I think their team is kind of trash. If Isiah Thomas hadn't gotten hurt, and the Celtics get a great pick and add one other great player I feel they could beat the Cavs.

Warriors are 2 years removed from their 1st title, are hungry, and Durant has never tasted a championship and this opportunity is exactly why he switched teams. He will play lights out and Cavs will simply have no answer. Warriors in 6. I don't think the Cavs win a road game.

Old 05-29-2017, 05:44 PM

65 posts, read 79,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonHellLights View Post
Warriors should be favored as they are. In 2015 with no Durant and making their first real championship run, they lost only twice, both times very narrowly, Cavs winning by 2, and 5 points in those games. Then Warriors took the next 3, 2 out of those 3 games in Cleveland, and all wins by 10 points except game 6 was a 8 point win.

Warriors had them last year...I think somehow they took them too lightly, and their heads got big up 3-1. I think they thought the Cavs wouldn't fight back as they did. Losing Bogut and the Green suspension were huge. It was also the first time Warriors were in the defending champ position, had been pushed hard in the Thunder series, didn't quite know what it took to repeat. And had that record breaking regular season which took a lot out of them. Also didn't Curry get hurt and it was repeated by announcers during Finals he was not his usual self.

Warriors tasted defeat, upgraded with Durant, Green will play all games....Warriors have won I believe by higher margins than Cavs and were tested in 1 game? Cavs lost to Celtics once and were pushed hard in another game by the Celtics, had the 20+ point comeback in Pacers series. Cavs had mediocre regular season, are coming off shorter rest than Warriors. Cavs bench often disappeared throughout playoffs.

Also the Celtics had a TON of missed OPEN, MAKEABLE shots, Cavs D really isn't that good. The Warriors will knock down those shots the Celtics missed, and make a lot more 3s than the Celtics. Lebron has proven he can go cold, reluctant, and sheepish. If Kyrie and Love aren't consistently great, where are their points going to come from? I don't see Thompson dominating the boards or the paint. Warriors are just going to put up way more points than the Celtics, and remember the Celtics lost their best scorer in I believe game 2.

Way I see it it's the Warriors series to lose all the way. Lebron got lucky last year...coming back down 3-1, Warriors really choked, and remember how Game 7 was really clinched, it was Kyree's long 3 that sealed the win. I don't see Warriors ever letting it get to a Game 7 this time. I look for those first 2 games to be blowouts with a RAUCOUS Warriors crowd.

Lebron is so arrogant to even think he can win this series. Outside of him and Kyree I think their team is kind of trash. If Isiah Thomas hadn't gotten hurt, and the Celtics get a great pick and add one other great player I feel they could beat the Cavs.

Warriors are 2 years removed from their 1st title, are hungry, and Durant has never tasted a championship and this opportunity is exactly why he switched teams. He will play lights out and Cavs will simply have no answer. Warriors in 6. I don't think the Cavs win a road game.
Warriors got lucky kawi got injured for spurs and parker was out the fact spurs were winning by 20 tells me warriors aren't a dominate force.As for celtics lol they got lucky with a bulls injury of rondo and oh yeah game 1 isiah playing they got blown.Cavs are wayyy too good for east,as for warriors they might win but dont count lebron out he took warriors to 6 games in 2015 by himself without kyrie and love.

Cavs in 7 or 6!

Old 05-30-2017, 01:23 PM

So Steph Curry gets no respect?

Old 05-30-2017, 04:25 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Remember that the Cavs lost a game to the Celtics, and were down 10 at the half in game 4. And the Celtics lost 2-0 to the Chicago Bulls, at home no less, before Rondo went down. The Bulls were truly mediocre this year, and I am a Bulls fan.

Are the Cavs truly great, or have they just looked great due to inferior competition?

Old 05-30-2017, 05:12 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Remember that the Cavs lost a game to the Celtics, and were down 10 at the half in game 4. And the Celtics lost 2-0 to the Chicago Bulls, at home no less, before Rondo went down. The Bulls were truly mediocre this year, and I am a Bulls fan.

Are the Cavs truly great, or have they just looked great due to inferior competition?

I think you can ask that question about both teams which is why the Finals has so much appeal.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:34 PM

5,825 posts, read 5,630,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I think you can ask that question about both teams which is why the Finals has so much appeal.
Right, people are quick to point out the Cavs inferior competition but skip over the Warriors? They were absolutely getting stomped by San Antonio before Kawhi went out. That was their toughest challenge to date, and I'm not saying they wouldn't have still won that series anyway, but seriously, who exactly have they beaten that was an elite, complete team?

Neither team has had much adversity this postseason. My general thought (prayer lol) is that the Cavs could be better able to handle Golden State runs and adversity. They lost a game, were down and/or challenged in several others, and have the experience to rely on from being down to Golden State in the past and coming back to win. All of that could mean nothing. I think the Cavs may be in better position to respond to adversity, though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball