Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2017, 09:18 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times

Advertisements

Clevelands bench didn't look so hot last night. Lebron played well, but may not have played well enough. 22 pts is a big lead for this match up.

Last edited by 0nyxStation; 06-02-2017 at 09:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 09:26 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
JR Smith and TT both sucked big time.

Seriously JR with 28 minutes, 4 shots, 3 points...no rebounds, no assists, 2 turnovers. WTH.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:27 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarWarzAddicts. View Post
Jordan never faced a team in finals maybe in all playoffs, as stacked and great like this Warriors team....
Because Jordan's team was that team!

Old 06-02-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
I think the Cavs are in trouble. I know that people will bring up last year but this is a different Warriors team for one reason, Kevin Durant. With Lebron guarding him, he can cause Lebron to wear down. In the earlier series Lebron was guarding Demarre Carrol and Jae Crowder. He will get worn out chasing around Durant the entire game.

Richard Jefferson will help out some but no one else on the team can guard Durant. I know that JR, Korver and Deron Williams were off but so were Draymond and Klay. So I see this series going 5-6 games.
After last year series full of players bodies giving out and the league giving out suspensions I won't predict an outcome. However, I do agree with you on the Durant factor. This year is different. I don't know if that puts GSW over the top. But KD's presence is undeniable.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:48 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Seriously JR with 28 minutes, 4 shots, 3 points...no rebounds, no assists, 2 turnovers. WTH.
Smith scored the first basket of the game.... that was his 3 points.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:51 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Absolutely.

JR never got on the plane. He's had a few of these head scratchers in NBA Finals games. I didn't even know where to start. He seemed to be a step late or out of position all night. His best play may have been the dumbest foul of night, spilling Curry on the floor, but JR or any other Cav didn't follow it up and get things ignited.

TT was outplayed and outhustled by Zaza for crying out loud. I don't want to hear from the Warrior faithful that Zaza is some diamond in the rough that has just remerged because of the cast around him now....he's terrible. TT should be ashamed of that performance. Kevin Love had to do his dirty work but couldn't hit anything.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:52 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
I forgot who it was but one of the talking heads was saying that Lebron is the player that made it easier for superstars like Durant to join up with good players. He said Lebron is the leader of the NBA (like Jordan/Bird/Magic before him) so if he does something than other players look at it and say "Hey, if Lebron can than so can I." KD gets some heat for joining the Warriors but probably no where near the amount he would had Lebron not joined Wade/Bosh and then Kyrie/Love. Lebron helped set the stage for today's NBA and now it looks to be biting him in the arse. BTW, I wasn't paying attention to Love, but when I looked at the box score he had 21 rebounds.

Oh, and the Warriors should have won by 30+ but they missed about 5-6 chippy layups in Q1 due to adrenaline. That probably won't happen again.

Last edited by eddiehaskell; 06-02-2017 at 10:12 AM..

Old 06-02-2017, 10:00 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
After last year series full of players bodies giving out and the league giving out suspensions I won't predict an outcome. However, I do agree with you on the Durant factor. This year is different. I don't know if that puts GSW over the top. But KD's presence is undeniable.
The other factor is my dark horse MVP - McGee. He played 5 minutes... GSW was +8 while he was in the game. McGee is an upgrade from Bogut - if he played starter's minutes. Zaza did halway decent, so they didn't need McGee much.

McGee - 5 min... 4 pts... 5 reb... 1 ast... 1 blk
Zaza - 14 min... 8 pts... 6 reb... 0 ast... 0 blk
Thompson - 22 min... 0 pts... 4 reb... 2 ast... 0 blk

Thompson needs to bring it. He is their only true center.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The other factor is my dark horse MVP - McGee. He played 5 minutes... GSW was +8 while he was in the game. McGee is an upgrade from Bogut - if he played starter's minutes. Zaza did halway decent, so they didn't need McGee much.

McGee - 5 min... 4 pts... 5 reb... 1 ast... 1 blk
Zaza - 14 min... 8 pts... 6 reb... 0 ast... 0 blk
Thompson - 22 min... 0 pts... 4 reb... 2 ast... 0 blk

Thompson needs to bring it. He is their only true center.
Thompson will surely play better. But he does have a lot of pressure on him being Cleveland's only true rim protector. McGee can be a lot to handle because he is a legit 7'0". But he is only used in spots. Either way Thompson will have to stay engaged.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:40 AM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Thompson will surely play better. But he does have a lot of pressure on him being Cleveland's only true rim protector. ..
Right. Warriors are well advised to attack the basket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball