Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 10:07 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times

Advertisements

I believe I stated a hour ago that the Cavs would not win a close game and that's why they needed to break away but they never could due to poor coaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 10:09 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,249,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
No interest in this series (or playoffs this year at all). When a team that breaks the NBA record for wins in 2016 with 73 and goes out and adds the second best player in the league Durant it makes it no fun. Kind of like the Lakers in the 80's adding Jordan, or Bulls in the 90's adding Barkley or Malone to the Jordan/Pippen core. Total crap. No parity in the NBA anymore. No 7 game series. Boring blow out garbage. Let's just go out and put all the best guys on one team, brilliant.
Or Lebron joining his Olympic teammates in Miami. I grew tired of super teams during the better part of this decade.
The complete dominance of the playoffs by GSW should be the league's wake-up call to discourage this from happening too often (there's not really a practical way to stop it completely-- Seattle/OKC technically drafted a super team, before they disbanded)

Old 06-07-2017, 10:09 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Kyrie was amazing. He works hard for his shots... maybe that tires him out at the end.

I predicted K. Thompson to have a big game.

Cavs had to work super hard to get a 6 point lead late only to poop out at the end.

Curry the leading rebounder with 11.

He was too silly down the stretch instead of milking the clock and getting a good shot or driving to the basket. Looked to me he was playing playground ball and trying to be too cute which cost the Cavs.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:12 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,405,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
Or Lebron joining his Olympic teammates in Miami. I grew tired of super teams years ago. The complete dominance of the playoffs by GSW is what the league needs to discourage this from happening too often (there's not really a practical way to stop it completely-- Seattle/OKC technically drafted a super team, before they disbanded)
A difference between Miami and Golden State was Miami didn't win 73 games and get to game 7 of the NBA finals the year before they got LeBron. But yeah, I did not like what Miami did either, this whole creating of "super teams". That is why I like the Spurs franchise, they grow organically in the system. Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard all came up in the Spurs system. They don't go out and "BUY" their teams.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:16 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
The Warriors put in work on Lebron in the 2nd half. Killer 1st half for Lebron, but in the 2nd half he was 4-12 with 12 points.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:17 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Kyrie was amazing. He works hard for his shots... maybe that tires him out at the end.

I predicted K. Thompson to have a big game.

Cavs had to work super hard to get a 6 point lead late only to poop out at the end.

Curry the leading rebounder with 11.
Curry was well rested in first half, so fresh down the stretch. Durant had a quiet 30 points but came through when they needed him.

Warriors don't just have the best three point shooter in the league with Curry, they have the best three with Thompson and Durant. Practically impossible to beat that combo when they're clicking.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:17 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Skip Bayless tomorrow... "LeBron didn't attack the rim in clutch time because he's scared to take free throws".

He is scared, this is Lebron in the last two minutes of a game:

Old 06-07-2017, 10:20 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
LBJ was tired. He played 45 minutes. Kyrie played 44. They got tired. But if they don't play that much, they will get blown out.

It's kinda what I said when I made my prediction - GSW's supporting cast is better.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:22 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
A difference between Miami and Golden State was Miami didn't win 73 games and get to game 7 of the NBA finals the year before they got LeBron. But yeah, I did not like what Miami did either, this whole creating of "super teams". That is why I like the Spurs franchise, they grow organically in the system. Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard all came up in the Spurs system. They don't go out and "BUY" their teams.
Bottom line is that Lebron didn't want to fight and claw for a shot at playing in the finals so the Miami thing went down. KD didn't want to do that either so he went to the Warriors. If Durant stays in OKC, he likely finishes out the bulk of his prime without a single finals appearance (have to go through Spurs and/or Warriors to get there).

Old 06-07-2017, 10:24 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Bottom line is that Lebron didn't want to fight and claw for a shot at playing in the finals so the Miami thing went down. KD didn't want to do that either so he went to the Warriors. If Durant stays in OKC, he likely finishes out the bulk of his prime without a single finals appearance (have to go through Spurs and/or Warriors to get there).

I don't know, he had been to the finals already and OKC would have been pretty darn good with Durant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball