Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2017, 10:50 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Time to blow up the Warriors if they find a way to lose a 3-0 lead in the finals with no injuries/suspensions. Durant and Curry would need to give back their MVPs and retire. Kerr shouldn't be allowed to coach 9 year olds.
He shouldn't be allowed to coach at all if he was the coach of a team who blew a 3-1 one year and a 3-0 the following year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 12:46 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It depends how hard the league tries to make it happen. If all things are even, I wouldn't mind seeing a competitive series after all, even as a GSW fan.
Warriors lose by 21 and their fans blame the officiating, the players moms blame the officiating and the players cry about the officiating. Never mind the perimeter D that gave up 24 3s.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:29 PM

14,680 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Warriors lose by 21 and their fans blame the officiating, the players moms blame the officiating and the players cry about the officiating. Never mind the perimeter D that gave up 24 3s.
I'd say they go hand in hand, but at this point it's not worth it. The gameday comments in this thread speak for themselves. Kyrie played an amazing game and earned the win. See you tomorrow!

Old 06-12-2017, 08:20 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,139,439 times
There definitely was poor officiating, but the Cavs also put up insane numbers from the 3 while the Warriors went cold.

People need to stop acting like Lebron, Bosh, and then Ray joining the Heat wasn't going to become a great team with Wade and as if Lebron was taking a lottery team to go beat the intact Celtics. Granted Lebron wanted to play with friends as well while Durant wanted to play with people that wanted to win and had a team mentality.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:36 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Let's see what happens tonight. Exciting...

Old 06-12-2017, 10:28 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
There definitely was poor officiating, but the Cavs also put up insane numbers from the 3 while the Warriors went cold.

People need to stop acting like Lebron, Bosh, and then Ray joining the Heat wasn't going to become a great team with Wade and as if Lebron was taking a lottery team to go beat the intact Celtics. Granted Lebron wanted to play with friends as well while Durant wanted to play with people that wanted to win and had a team mentality.
I get tired of hearing about officiating. The past couple series the Cavs dealt with Andrew Bogut moving screens and hack and body checks in the paint. If the Refs will let screeners move and let arm bars on drives to paint, and arm tug strips- I would expect there to also be a blind eye to tugs and holds on the perimeter.

I expected the Cavs to shoot better and T. Thompson to play like he did in Game 4 (throughout this series). Focusing on the Cavs defense- for me its get a couple of stops and grab rebounds and pray the Warriors (Curry) aren't hitting 30 foot shots. I won't even try to pretend the Cavs can slow it down completely and hold the Warriors offense in check....the Cavs will compete with the Warriors if the offense executes.

This series to me was/still is about execution and making adjustments. The adjustments were (putting their big fellas in pick and roll, getting the ball out of Curry's hands, making Draymond beat you.). The Warriors shot 16-33 from 3 in Game 3- the Cavs need to get them to 40%- even at just under 50 they had a good shot in game 3. The Cavs don't shoot 29% from 3- yet that was their average in Games 1-3. They've had decent looks (I think Game 4 proves this a little). Too many talking heads on here think that's normal of the Cavs that they are this slow plodding, Eastern Conference back iron brick team. 12-43 is not normal. The season splits don't suggest that, but I doubt they will make 24 3s again. The Cavs will go half court, during the year they are very balanced with running and executing half court. I expect more half court but with Lebron and Kyrie- you need to pick times to run.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:08 AM

1,564 posts, read 1,671,151 times
Cavs just wanted to avoid the sweep and played very physical and energetic.Let's not avoid the dirty jobs by the refs in the 1st quarter though.

But i expect the same from the Warriors tonight.Home court advantage and crowd support will play a huge difference tonight.If Cavs can hang on early than hopefully they can finish strong but once the Warriors make one of those big runs i think it's over.

I expect a big game from Curry,Klay,Draymond & KD tonight.

LeBron Legacy doesn't take a hit even though he'll fall to 3 out of 8 in the finals.

This off-season will bring big names to the table because something has to be done about how dominant the Warriors have become.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:16 AM

I am confident tonight is the last night of the NBA season and the warriors win by 20 or more.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:22 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,616,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
while Durant wanted to play with people that wanted to win and had a team mentality.
Durant should have went to the Spurs then. He would have found the same team mentality but on a less stacked team. I would have a little more respect for him then. Going to the Warriors is and always will be a terrible decision from a likeability standpoint.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Durant should have went to the Spurs then. He would have found the same team mentality but on a less stacked team. I would have a little more respect for him then. Going to the Warriors is and always will be a terrible decision from a likeability standpoint.
I heard that he was recruited by Draymond Green after the season which is part of the reason why Durant went to Golden State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball