Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 09:38 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This has to sting a bit for the Cavs.

Despite some believing this was 'unfair,' the reality is that the Cava actually had a chance. They could have won game 3 but for some bad luck and bad execution. Last night the game was pretty evenly matched, and it was obvious the Cavs sorely missed points from other players besides James and Irving and JR. Love will be the scapegoat, if he had 25, 30 points, that is the difference right there.
I thought the whole point of Lebron returning to Cleveland was to form an unbeatable Super Team. Didn't they draft Andrew Wiggins and ship him out of town for Kevin Love? When the Cavs assembled that roster, it seemed like multiple NBA championships for the King were in the stars.

Then the Warriors came along and assembled an even better Super Team. I guess that is kinda "unfair" but it's also somewhat comical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 10:13 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I thought the whole point of Lebron returning to Cleveland was to form an unbeatable Super Team. Didn't they draft Andrew Wiggins and ship him out of town for Kevin Love? When the Cavs assembled that roster, it seemed like multiple NBA championships for the King were in the stars.

Then the Warriors came along and assembled an even better Super Team. I guess that is kinda "unfair" but it's also somewhat comical.
Let's not forget the beginning and the sequence: Boston 2008, Miami 2010, Cleveland 2015, Golden State 2017

Old 06-13-2017, 10:13 AM

149 posts, read 113,530 times
I just pray my Knicks can get rid of Carmelo and we can acquire a superstar to come to New York City.

It's been damn near 45 years since we won a title so i can imagine how it feels to be a Golden state fan.

The last 35 years have been dominated by the Lakers,Celtics,Bulls and Spurs.We finally have a decade where the Lakers aren't top dog anymore and it's really refreshing.

I want that Lonzo kid to go to the Lakers so we can see a new rivalry in California with Steph eating him alive.

Above all i wish my Knicks,Nets and Wizards can really aquire some talent so the east can become great again.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:16 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,409,388 times
Most boring playoffs in history. That's what happens when a team that wins 73 games in 2016 adds the second best player in the league Durant to their core. Overkill. No balance in the league. Good for Durant but terrible for fans and the league. Playoffs WAY better last year and more competitive when Durant with OKC. More balance in league last year.

GSW getting Durant was like the Pistons in 1990 trading for Jordan before he won a championship, yet retaining their entire core form their championship team year before. Ridiculous crap. Need a better salary cap in the league.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:25 AM

For better or worse,Lebron is the one to blame for the competition in the league today.

Teaming up with Wade,Bosh,Ray Allen and a few others killed the competition in what was already a terrible conference.

It revolutionized the game and made it look ok for superstars to team up.When Boston aquired KG and Ray in 2008 it was more so old guys going on thier final run.

I think KD used that blueprint and said why not team up and go chase title's like Lebron! He's not getting any younger and playing with Westbrook was like a disease.

But it's not like the Warriors traded for Durant,he chose to go to them so no reason to blame Golden state here.Most will agree they had Cavs beat even without Kevin.

The team that really deserves recognition is the Spurs.
So let's see how next season goes with a healthy Kwahi.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:27 AM

Yes these playoffs we're boring but these finals have to rank in the top 10 all time far as impact on the game.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCkidd View Post
For better or worse,Lebron is the one to blame for the competition in the league today.

Teaming up with Wade,Bosh,Ray Allen and a few others killed the competition in what was already a terrible conference.

It revolutionized the game and made it look ok for superstars to team up.When Boston aquired KG and Ray in 2008 it was more so old guys going on thier final run.

I think KD used that blueprint and said why not team up and go chase title's like Lebron! He's not getting any younger and playing with Westbrook was like a disease.

But it's not like the Warriors traded for Durant,he chose to go to them so no reason to blame Golden state here.Most will agree they had Cavs beat even without Kevin.

The team that really deserves recognition is the Spurs.
So let's see how next season goes with a healthy Kwahi.
One difference between the C's and Miami is they didn't break the NBA record for 73 wins before they made their big trades. This one is even more ridiculous. Yeah love that the Spurs do it old school...Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, Leonard all came up in their system.

NBA commission has to do something to create more parity in the league. Last year playoffs were so much more exiting with OKC/GSW going 7 games and GSW/Cavs going 7 days. This year was a big YAWN. One guy Durant gets his dream, but screw the rest of the fan base that pays everyone's salary and is the reason the league even exists.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:34 AM

Also all the guys on the C's when they built their team in 2007 were a lot older (in their 30's) even past their prime. Durant is in heart of his prime. That trade was a complete joke for the league.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:53 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCkidd View Post
I want that Lonzo kid to go to the Lakers so we can see a new rivalry in California with Steph eating him alive.
I want Boston to take Lonzo, just to f**k with his dad

Old 06-13-2017, 10:55 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
Also all the guys on the C's when they built their team in 2007 were a lot older (in their 30's) even past their prime. Durant is in heart of his prime. That trade was a complete joke for the league.
It wasn't a trade. He went as a free agent. Plus, the core of the 73 win team from last season was players they drafted. And none of them were top 5 picks. The "super team" Warriors are more organically built than the Cavaliers team they just defeated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball