Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 10:37 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,030,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by callofdutyplayer View Post
Ranking the 25 greatest players in NBA history | FOX Sports

Fox garbage list has Reggie Miller at 23 hes not even top 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^^^Nothing like a fresh gallon of gasoline for this dumpster fire.
did someone say fire?

i dont hate that list LOL. kobe at 12, sounds about right

Old 08-10-2017, 07:20 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,657,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callofdutyplayer View Post
Ranking the 25 greatest players in NBA history | FOX Sports

Fox garbage list has Reggie Miller at 23 hes not even top 50
Lol right

You know the media has a job to do to keep debates heated for boost in their t.v ratings.

In the real world,Fans & Nba players sing a different tune !

Ironically fox sports posted another ESPN poll to see if the nation agreed,

Kobe Bryant is dominating ESPN’s Sports Nation poll which asked who's the best player since Michael Jordan,

Dominating their competition on court for nearly the past four decades, Kobe picked up where Jordan left off, entering his prime just as His Airness was finishing his career.

Shaquille O’Neal recently went on the record to praise*his former teammate, saying that he was the best player since MJ thereby prompting*the guys over at*SportsNation to open it up for debate for the whole country to get involved.

I’ll probably have to go with the Kobester… His attiude was Jordan-like. He was able to take over games, especially in the fourth quarter. . .

Despite SportsNation’s Kobe hate, per usual, the country made their voices heard, mirroring the Big Fella’s opinion.*Quickly taking a look at the results, Kobe dominated the polls winning first or second place votes in every state in the country.

As of this writing, Bryant leads the poll with 48 percent of the votes followed by James with 36 percent. Duncan is the far third with only nine percent while Shaq and Curry got three percent.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/k...an-poll-090816

Last edited by Kobe25; 08-10-2017 at 07:35 PM..

Old 08-10-2017, 08:58 PM

149 posts, read 112,155 times
So Micheal Jordan is the one that got this stupid Kobe vs Lebron debate going again,Yikes !

Kobe has been retired for some time now so why is the media constantly asking former players and other public figures about Kobe & Lebron still ? It's been a hot topic now since 2009 and it's still going today my goodness smh.

To the Kobe fans on here,i understand you guys gotta defend your guy but please just let it rest.He's an all time great trust me.Anybody that ranks Kobe outside of the top 10 or has him 15 - 20 flat out doesn't like the guy.

Now to the Lebron fans,there's no need to shoot shots at Kobe either" both players represent the best since Jordan retired so each fanbase should respect each other's opinion.

A good thread has been side tracked because of the recent opinion of Micheal Jordan ??? Cmon now

But like i said why is the media, Shannon and Skip and every other radio outlet continue to bring up this same tired debate ? I've watched FS1 interview everyone from boxers to nfl players and at the end of every interview they ask who do you got between Kobe & Lebron and it's friggin 2017 !
Maybe im missing something,

Old 08-11-2017, 05:56 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,030,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCkidd View Post
So Micheal Jordan is the one that got this stupid Kobe vs Lebron debate going again,Yikes !

Kobe has been retired for some time now so why is the media constantly asking former players and other public figures about Kobe & Lebron still ? It's been a hot topic now since 2009 and it's still going today my goodness smh.

To the Kobe fans on here,i understand you guys gotta defend your guy but please just let it rest.He's an all time great trust me.Anybody that ranks Kobe outside of the top 10 or has him 15 - 20 flat out doesn't like the guy.

Now to the Lebron fans,there's no need to shoot shots at Kobe either" both players represent the best since Jordan retired so each fanbase should respect each other's opinion.

A good thread has been side tracked because of the recent opinion of Micheal Jordan ??? Cmon now

But like i said why is the media, Shannon and Skip and every other radio outlet continue to bring up this same tired debate ? I've watched FS1 interview everyone from boxers to nfl players and at the end of every interview they ask who do you got between Kobe & Lebron and it's friggin 2017 !
Maybe im missing something,
But Tim Duncan was the best of his era until Lebron hit his prime.

Duncan > Kobe

Old 08-11-2017, 04:45 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,059,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
But Tim Duncan was the best of his era until Lebron hit his prime.

Duncan > Kobe

No, there are no statistics to prove that. He did win titles, but was the beneficiary of a team system that was among the best of the last 25 years.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:58 PM

Top 10 based on Rings + Impact And Victory in Finals

1 ) Jordan
2 ) Bill Russell
3 ) Kareem
4 ) Magic
5 ) Kobe
6 ) Shaq
7 ) Duncan
8 ) Larry Bird
9 ) Wilt Chamberlain
10 ) Hakeem

Top 10 just based on Players that led their team to the most title's

1 ) Bill Russell 11
2 ) Jordan 6
3 ) Kareem 6
4 ) Magic 5
5 ) Kobe 5
6 ) George Mikan 5
7 ) Duncan 5
8 ) Shaq 4
9 ) Larry Bird 3
10 ) Lebron 3

Top 10 based on skills, No rings at all

1 ) Jordan or Kobe
2 ) Kobe or Jordan
3 ) Allen Iverson
4 ) Tracy Mcgrady
5 ) Kevin Durant
6 ) Steph Curry
7 ) Prime Derrick Rose
8 ) Lebron James
9 ) Dwayne Wade
10 )Prime Vince Carter

Old 08-11-2017, 07:47 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,059,686 times
^^^Everything is fine, but your last list is garbage!!

Old 08-11-2017, 07:50 PM

482 posts, read 395,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Top 10 based on skills, No rings at all

1 ) Jordan or Kobe
2 ) Kobe or Jordan
3 ) Allen Iverson
4 ) Tracy Mcgrady
5 ) Kevin Durant
6 ) Steph Curry
7 ) Prime Derrick Rose
8 ) Lebron James
9 ) Dwayne Wade
10 )Prime Vince Carter
A "skills" comparison could get very interesting. There were so many good guys. Your list is decent, but I personally would strike Derrick Rose and Vince Carter from the list.

In my opinion Prime Derrick Rose's game was raw speed and athleticism. He was skilled enough to get the job done in half-court sets when necessary, but for the most part he blew defenses away with his blinding quickness. And he could distribute or finish right down the lane in traffic. He was like a smaller Russell Westbrook.

And with Vince Carter, what kinds of skills are we talking about? Dunking? He was one of the best at that, but otherwise ... I don't know ... you could argue Jerry Stackhouse was more skilled with the ball than he was.

Hey Kob, I'm going to agree with you this one time about your guy; he's near the top for skills. I remember once reading something hilarious Shaq wrote about young Kobe coming to practice several hours early to do basketball work-outs -- with no ball! Just hour after hour of footwork ...

I think Hakeem Olajuwon was the most skilled big man.

I'd say Stephen Curry is the most skilled shooting point guard. But if we're talking point guards who prefer to get into the lane, there could be several above him. Remember Kevin Johnson?

Here's one underrated, but huge, skill that I want to draw attention to: moving without the ball. Ironically I think the awkward, scrawny, one-dimensional Reggie Miller is easily the best player I've ever seen at this. Maybe it was because he couldn't get his own shot? Who knows, but it was always beautiful to watch him use screens and run around the floor and get 15 or more good looks a game just from frustrating or wearing down defenders. Rip Hamilton studied Reggie well-enough to get almost as good at it. I hope moving without the ball doesn't become a lost art in the league ...

Old 08-11-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
^^^Everything is fine, but your last list is garbage!!
Lmao hey man you could do whatever order you like but based off of abilities on the court i think those are the best when it comes to skills.

Like Iverson and Curry got the most dribbles and crossovers but footwork and fadeaway goes to Jordan and Kobe.

Than Jordan probably has the best hang time ever where he would switch directions midway in the air [ Unreal ]

Tracy Mcgrady ,For a short period of time in the early 2000's was just as good as Kobe if not better on the offensive end.
Plus he was longer and taller.

Prime Tmac without the injuries and a good team around him has Goat ability.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasgoldrush View Post
A "skills" comparison could get very interesting. There were so many good guys. Your list is decent, but I personally would strike Derrick Rose and Vince Carter from the list.

In my opinion Prime Derrick Rose's game was raw speed and athleticism. He was skilled enough to get the job done in half-court sets when necessary, but for the most part he blew defenses away with his blinding quickness. And he could distribute or finish right down the lane in traffic. He was like a smaller Russell Westbrook.

And with Vince Carter, what kinds of skills are we talking about? Dunking? He was one of the best at that, but otherwise ... I don't know ... you could argue Jerry Stackhouse was more skilled with the ball than he was.

Hey Kob, I'm going to agree with you this one time about your guy; he's near the top for skills. I remember once reading something hilarious Shaq wrote about young Kobe coming to practice several hours early to do basketball work-outs -- with no ball! Just hour after hour of footwork ...

I think Hakeem Olajuwon was the most skilled big man.

I'd say Stephen Curry is the most skilled shooting point guard. But if we're talking point guards who prefer to get into the lane, there could be several above him. Remember Kevin Johnson?

Here's one underrated, but huge, skill that I want to draw attention to: moving without the ball. Ironically I think the awkward, scrawny, one-dimensional Reggie Miller is easily the best player I've ever seen at this. Maybe it was because he couldn't get his own shot? Who knows, but it was always beautiful to watch him use screens and run around the floor and get 15 or more good looks a game just from frustrating or wearing down defenders. Rip Hamilton studied Reggie well-enough to get almost as good at it. I hope moving without the ball doesn't become a lost art in the league ...
Yes sir your correct,Hakeem is without a doubt the most skilled big man, but what about Garnett & Dirk ?

Prime Vince probably was the most athletic guy i ever saw.

The only thing that separated him and Kobe was killer instinct and will to get better season after season.

Prime Dwade is arguably the best slasher of all time.
Boy was fast and could blow past you in a blink.

Kevin Johnson over Curry ? Far as a post-game yeah but all around skills i hold curry in a special place right along with Iverson and White chocolate Jason Williams.
Kyrie is probably one of the best skilled players as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball