Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 03:13 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Not sure why you think I'm a Laker fan, my location is Wash DC and I'm pretty open about being a Wizards fan.

But times change man, Magic Johnson is a fresh draw, the Clippers are fading and the Lakers have been working on flexibility to do things. Even trading Russell was a good move, just wasn't looking like a guard you can build on.

And remember how bad and hopeless the Celtics were for many years. They ended up attracting KG and Ray Allen and voila, a championship team... didn't take very long.
Who exactly on the Lakers right now is Paul Pierce caliber?

Hey, I'm all ears if someone has an actual reasonable explanation to all of this but I mean seriously when all I'm hearing is "well a bunch of top guys will just team up there" I have to shake my head because I've heard that one A LOT.

So again, why not just dust off the Lamarcus Aldridge to the Lakers thread?

Maybe I could dust of the Westbrook to Lakers thread?

Or the Durant to the Lakers thread?

Or the Lebron to the Lakers thread?

I'm not joking it's like every single big name player is GOING to go to the Lakers until they don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Yeah the delusion is fading. They are no longer completely incompetent and guys like Paul George aren't saying "Send me to Utah". I know Paul George is from there. He could also pick the Clips or go west in general.
Tell you what, if they can land one serious free agent then I'll give it some credibility.

Until then, it's a story I've been hearing for YEARS now.

Also, what are they going to do about Deng eating around 20% of their cap space for 3 more years?
Whoops there goes another draft pick I guess to move him?

Old 06-22-2017, 04:10 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Please explain why he would want to play for LA? Does he want to lose a lot of games?

If you're talking about LeBron, I'll tell you why. He owns a 20+ million dollar home there that he wants to actually live in, not just use as a weekend getaway. His mother is there a lot already and I know his wife want so live there full time too.

Plus a relative of mine is a CHP officer who actually pulled over LeBron's mom for speeding, and she told him, that her son will be sign with the Lakers when he becomes a free agent.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:49 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
If you're talking about LeBron, I'll tell you why. He owns a 20+ million dollar home there that he wants to actually live in, not just use as a weekend getaway. His mother is there a lot already and I know his wife want so live there full time too.

Plus a relative of mine is a CHP officer who actually pulled over LeBron's mom for speeding, and she told him, that her son will be sign with the Lakers when he becomes a free agent.
I was speaking of Paul George, but I don't know why any top notch player would want to play for the Lakers- not if they are interested in wining. LeBron is a fierce competitor, and I can't see him playing for a bad team. Plus, now anyone on the Lakers will have to deal with Balls idiot Fathers interference.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:30 AM

1,564 posts, read 1,669,599 times
Magic is smart.....

Got rid of Russell to land Lonzo Ball as the new starting pg and now we have enough cap to land 2 stars in the 2018 FA.

Please don't let LeBron join the Lakers PLEASE !!!!!

Clippers might as well go to San Diego

Old 06-23-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I was speaking of Paul George, but I don't know why any top notch player would want to play for the Lakers- not if they are interested in wining. LeBron is a fierce competitor, and I can't see him playing for a bad team. Plus, now anyone on the Lakers will have to deal with Balls idiot Fathers interference.

Balls father is truly an idiot!!! The blame I give is the media for putting a mic in front of his lips. The media should stop doing that. But the idiot was not an issue at UCLA, and for sure he wont be an issue with the Lakers.

The media will have to learn to not interview him, he is not the story, Lonzo is.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Magic is smart.....

Got rid of Russell to land Lonzo Ball as the new starting pg and now we have enough cap to land 2 stars in the 2018 FA.

On the contrary, Steve Balmer who owns the Clippers, plans on building his own state of the art arena in Inglewood near where the Rams are building their palace of a stadium.

I think he should move the Clippers to Seattle and rename them the Super Sonics.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:56 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Balls father is truly an idiot!!! The blame I give is the media for putting a mic in front of his lips. The media should stop doing that. But the idiot was not an issue at UCLA, and for sure he wont be an issue with the Lakers.

The media will have to learn to not interview him, he is not the story, Lonzo is.
Agreed, but you know that the media loves guys like his Father. They will not leave him alone, and he will be a distraction. The kid is a good ball player- no doubt. I would have taken Fox over him, however.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:51 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,982,352 times
I don't know why it's just the Lakers and Cavs that's being discussed here. Boston from what I've heard is in serious talks with Indy for a Paul George trade. They have the trade assets and it looks likely Boston may acquire Gordon Heyward via free agency. A George/Hayward addition with the rest of their players would give Cleveland a run for their money in the east without a doubt.

The only reason the Lakers would make a stab at George via trade now instead of waiting next year as a free agent signing is the potential for George to take an extension with Boston if they make it to the finals. Winning has a way of changing a players mind on future plans when they get a taste of success.

Now we all hear the talk about George wanting to go to the Lakers, but on the other hand he wants to win. He isn't winning anytime soon with the Lakers.

In closing, it wouldn't shock me if George is a Celtic since they are one of the VERY FEW teams that can offer a deal that is to the Pacers liking.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Magic is smart.....

Sooo we are now back to same old story of next year they'll get two big free agents. Always next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball