Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 02:55 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,985,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Why can't you stand most Warriors fans?
Uh because 75% of them became fans in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 04:55 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,563 times
The other 25% in 2014?

Old 09-07-2017, 05:09 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,441,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I heard some California sports fans can be fairweather. Is that true?

Old 09-07-2017, 05:12 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,519,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Run TMC was broken up at the beginning of the 91-92 season. A basketball fan under 30 would never have had the chance to see them together. While the Warriors have had great crowds in the years since, there wasn't a whole lot worth watching until We Believe.

Old 09-10-2017, 10:21 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,441,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Run TMC was broken up at the beginning of the 91-92 season. A basketball fan under 30 would never have had the chance to see them together. While the Warriors have had great crowds in the years since, there wasn't a whole lot worth watching until We Believe.
But, at least the Warriors wasn't clowned as much as the Cavs (pre-LeBron, during LeBron and post-LeBron), it's hasn't been that much clowning with LeBron's 2nd stint back in Cleveland except ESPN. I think it's because since the Warriors play in the Bay has a lot to do with the fact that haven't been clowned over the years they've been bad in my opinion.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:13 PM

52 posts, read 36,100 times
They did it the right way and that's through the NBA draft.

All this teaming up with other stars in the league today has caused boredom and parity.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:59 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
crazy to recall that Jimmer Fredette was drafted one pick before Klay Thompson.

I didn't watch the whole video, but someone says early on that the GSW blueprint could not be replicated. I believe that the Houston Rockets have actually done a pretty good job of exactly that. Their firepower is concentrated in the backcourt with Harden and Paul. They throw up tons of threes. They have good wing defenders in Ariza, PJ Tucker, and Luc mbah a moute (SP?).

Old 06-30-2018, 11:48 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
crazy to recall that Jimmer Fredette was drafted one pick before Klay Thompson.

I didn't watch the whole video, but someone says early on that the GSW blueprint could not be replicated. I believe that the Houston Rockets have actually done a pretty good job of exactly that. Their firepower is concentrated in the backcourt with Harden and Paul. They throw up tons of threes. They have good wing defenders in Ariza, PJ Tucker, and Luc mbah a moute (SP?).
Ariza is leaving.

A 1 year $15m deal with the Suns.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:34 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
I heard some California sports fans can be fairweather. Is that true?
Not me, and not many that I know.

I've been a fan of the of the same 6 teams total (2 in each of the 3 major sports) for 50 years + each...the 5 Bay Area teams + the Lakers. I'm a Bay Area native who has also lived in Southern California, in the mountains in CA and NV, and in the Houston Metro for the last 10 years. I'm also fond of 6 other teams (the Astros, Rockets, Texans, Saints, Chargers, and Angels), but if playing against one of "My 6", I'd root against any of them. If it wouldn't be a negative (it would be), I'd love to see the A's and the Giants in the World Series every year until at least both pass the Yankees in total championships. Same with the 49ers and the Raiders until at least both pass the Steelers in Super Bowl wins. With the Lakers and the Warriors, I'd love to see the Lakers catch and pass the Celtics re championships (2 more) , and then see the Warriors do the same.

It looks like the Warriors will only be guaranteed 1 more year with all of their stars. Thompson is a FA after next year, and Durant apparently just agreed to a 1 + 1 (30m + 31.5m), so if Durant opted out after the first year, he'd be a FA at the same time as Thompson.

I hope the Lakers do get LeBron

CP3 signed with the Rockets for 4y/160m

Go my 3 teams in the west .

I want one of them (hopefully the Warriors, because they only have the one more guaranteed year with their stars) to beat the Eastern team a year from a few weeks ago....especially if the Eastern team is the Celtics.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:10 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Ariza is leaving.

A 1 year $15m deal with the Suns.
Yeah I heard that. But the good thing about the GSW blueprint is that the wings (other than Thompson) are replaceable parts. The Warriors lost Harrison Barnes, and didn't miss him a whole lot. Now it appears that Livingston is getting older, and not quite as effective. I'm sure GSW will be looking to retool their wings to some extent this off-season.

Luc Mbah a Moute was hurt for the playoffs. If they get him back healthy, he will help compensate for the loss of Ariza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball