Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 07:14 AM

10,744 posts, read 4,340,156 times

Advertisements

^ LeBron is way quicker than Magic, but Magic was way more entertaining.
Moves aren't about quickness.
Bird was slow as can be, and had awesome moves, probably the best moves other than MJ.
I don't "hate" LeBron, I just don't find him entertaining at all.
The Hornets entertaining? I never said they were.....but I'm loyal to them, and them alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 07:42 AM

3,395 posts, read 2,802,480 times
I think there is a lot of under appreciation for Lebron's athleticism. Everyone tends to nitpick as well.

Again, I've said this here often, I'm not a Lebron Fan, I'm a Cav fan, I'm happy he is a member of the Cavs, and I won't follow his career if post Cleveland comes. BUT he is if not the best one of the best athletes to ever play basketball. Speed, Power, Quickness, "basketball moves", Agility (think back more '05-'10). I'm sorry I don't know what people have watched.

Antonio Gates did well as a TE (Hall of Fame Career)- I have to believe if Lebron wanted it- he too could have done the same .

Old 09-05-2017, 09:39 AM

10,744 posts, read 4,340,156 times
LeBron is one of the most athletic players ever, and far more athletic than Magic Johnson and Larry Bird obviously.
But MOVES? LeBron doesn't have any memorable moves.
Magic is full of creative moves, and so is Jordan and Bird, they are masters of deception and artistry.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:48 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,985,570 times
Lebron is hated because he doesn't shut up.

He IS the greatest pure basketball player in the past 15 years (yes better than Kobe, T-Mac, Durant, etc). But he always makes everything a huge drama. "The Decision", "I'm Coming Home", etc etc. The guy is always on twitter talking about politics and how the black man is being kept down while he, a black man, is considered one of the Top 5 highest paid athletes in the U.S, and how Trump is racist. That's all may be true, but I don't care to hear him give political commentary. I want to see him dunk and shoot basketballs. It's one of the reasons I don't watch ESPN anymore, every damn episode of First Take is like watching CNN.

Just play the ****ing game. Win championships. Stop crying. Win.

In other news, the Cavs are already shipping that 1st round pick from Brooklyn. Seems like Demarcus Cousins could be coming to Cleveland.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:00 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,563 times
Hillary got likeable people to campaign for her because she sucked. This includes James, and this includes Obama. He made a big drama going to Miami. That's it. We get it. You hate him, California. Get over yourself.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:25 AM

3,395 posts, read 2,802,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
LeBron is one of the most athletic players ever, and far more athletic than Magic Johnson and Larry Bird obviously.
Magic is full of creative moves, and so is Jordan and Bird, they are masters of deception and artistry.
Haha...
How about the move that gets him to the basket at will?

Old 09-05-2017, 11:12 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
I agree. Lebron is not very graceful on the court. Wade, Carmello, Durant are very graceful and fluid

Old 09-05-2017, 12:34 PM

Lebron is a bull, not a swan. The guy weighs 260 pounds and used to be actually heavier before he "lost" weight.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:30 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,441,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Lebron is hated because he doesn't shut up.

He IS the greatest pure basketball player in the past 15 years (yes better than Kobe, T-Mac, Durant, etc). But he always makes everything a huge drama. "The Decision", "I'm Coming Home", etc etc. The guy is always on twitter talking about politics and how the black man is being kept down while he, a black man, is considered one of the Top 5 highest paid athletes in the U.S, and how Trump is racist. That's all may be true, but I don't care to hear him give political commentary. I want to see him dunk and shoot basketballs. It's one of the reasons I don't watch ESPN anymore, every damn episode of First Take is like watching CNN.

Just play the ****ing game. Win championships. Stop crying. Win.

In other news, the Cavs are already shipping that 1st round pick from Brooklyn. Seems like Demarcus Cousins could be coming to Cleveland.

He has the right to address politics if he wants to. Just like Curry came out and spoke against the Under Armor CEO for supporting Trump, and being on his CEO committee before stepping down. Believe or not, just because some black people are rich doesn't mean they're exempt from racism. Some of your statements in your post are the reason why people feel that a lot of you have a slave master mindset when it comes to these players.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
He has the right to address politics if he wants to. Just like Curry came out and spoke against the Under Armor CEO for supporting Trump, and being on his CEO committee before stepping down. Believe or not, just because some black people are rich doesn't mean they're exempt from racism. Some of your statements in your post are the reason why people feel that a lot of you have a slave master mindset when it comes to these players.
Who said he didn't have the right?

I'm just saying play the game. Michael Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, they played the game, and they didn't have to cry about anything. They won chips, and put up banners. Lebron is 3-5 in the finals. Maybe he should stop trying to be Don Lemon.

As for "racism" and "slave master", yeah, that's real apparent in a league where 95% of the players are black and the salary cap is about to top $100,000,000 per team. Yeah, real racist. I wish people would be racist against me and give me hundreds of millions of dollars. Are you actually reading what you type bro?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball