Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 10:17 AM

1,887 posts, read 1,442,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Who said he didn't have the right?

I'm just saying play the game. Michael Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, they played the game, and they didn't have to cry about anything. They won chips, and put up banners. Lebron is 3-5 in the finals. Maybe he should stop trying to be Don Lemon.

As for "racism" and "slave master", yeah, that's real apparent in a league where 95% of the players are black and the salary cap is about to top $100,000,000 per team. Yeah, real racist. I wish people would be racist against me and give me hundreds of millions of dollars. Are you actually reading what you type bro?

You're saying that LeBron should just shut up and play. So, in a way you're saying he doesn't have the right.I If Tom Brady criticized Trump, he'd be called courageous; LeBron criticizes Trump, "Shut up and play." MJ, Kobe and Shaq never cared about anybody but them. Yeah, they won titles and put up banners, but look at how the Bulls treated Jordan and Pippen like crap; the Lakers didn't acknowledge Shaq for a long time 'til the last few years. Winston Churchill said it best, "It's only free speech when I say it." Then you're implying his gay by comparing him to Don Lemon, Don Lemon isn't the only black anchor on the damn air.

I said slave master mindset because a lot of fans act as if they own the players, you don't. Just because the NBA is predominantly black doesn't mean we overcame anything. It's funny a lot of you talk about the players. How many black owners, coaches and GMs are in the NBA? Not many. Money makes you better off financially, but that doesn't mean you're exempt from social issues. Also, racism didn't stop just because the KKK isn't in full force anymore; they're now your politicians, military, police officers, teachers, CEOs, etc. They traded in the white sheets for the uniforms and suits. A lot of poor white people wouldn't trade places with a rich black person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 10:38 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
You're saying that LeBron should just shut up and play. So, in a way you're saying he doesn't have the right.I If Tom Brady criticized Trump, he'd be called courageous; LeBron criticizes Trump, "Shut up and play." MJ, Kobe and Shaq never cared about anybody but them. Yeah, they won titles and put up banners, but look at how the Bulls treated Jordan and Pippen like crap; the Lakers didn't acknowledge Shaq for a long time 'til the last few years. Winston Churchill said it best, "It's only free speech when I say it." Then you're implying his gay by comparing him to Don Lemon, Don Lemon isn't the only black anchor on the damn air.

I said slave master mindset because a lot of fans act as if they own the players, you don't. Just because the NBA is predominantly black doesn't mean we overcame anything. It's funny a lot of you talk about the players. How many black owners, coaches and GMs are in the NBA? Not many. Money makes you better off financially, but that doesn't mean you're exempt from social issues. Also, racism didn't stop just because the KKK isn't in full force anymore; they're now your politicians, military, police officers, teachers, CEOs, etc. They traded in the white sheets for the uniforms and suits. A lot of poor white people wouldn't trade places with a rich black person.
NYPD broke Thabo Sefolosha's leg just a couple of years ago (and then paid $4M to settle his civil suit).

Old 09-06-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
NYPD broke Thabo Sefolosha's leg just a couple of years ago (and then paid $4M to settle his civil suit).
My point exactly, this is an NBA player. Michael Bennett, an NFL All-Pro linebacker, was harassed in Vegas during the Mayweather/McGregor fight.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:11 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times
Quote:
You're saying that LeBron should just shut up and play. So, in a way you're saying he doesn't have the right.
No, I'm not.

You're being overly sensitive, and applying imagined meaning because your feelings are hurt. Relax man.

Quote:
I If Tom Brady criticized Trump, he'd be called courageous
I'm GLAD you brought up Tom Brady because Brady is exactly who Lebron should be looking at when he thinks he can be CNN's next anchor man. Tom Brady's comments on Trump.

Quote:
“Can I just stay out of this debate? Donald is a good friend of mine. I have known him for a long time. I support all my friends. That is what I have to say.”
That's class. The guy doesn't want to get mired in politics, he just plays football. That's why the guy is a legend, and people judge him ONLY on his accomplishments on the field. Lebron is tarnishing his legacy (ala Colin Krapernick) by interjecting himself into these needless debates.

Quote:
Then you're implying his gay by comparing him to Don Lemon, Don Lemon isn't the only black anchor on the damn air.
WTF? I didn't even know Don Lemon was GAY. I just think he's an annoying a-hole. But thanks for letting me know he's gay.

You're totally focused on this poisonous attitude of making everything about identity (black, gay, etc) and you're logically flailing about making ZERO points about the topic at hand which is Lebron is heavily disliked by many NBA fans because he's a drama queen. Plain and simple.

Quote:
Also, racism didn't stop just because the KKK isn't in full force anymore; they're now your politicians,
Yes, the KKK founded by the Democrat party? Not my politicians, I haven't voted Democrat ever.

Quote:
It's funny a lot of you talk about the players. How many black owners, coaches and GMs are in the NBA? Not many.
So let me get this straight, are you trying to make the point that the NBA is racist?

Old 09-07-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
No, I'm not.

You're being overly sensitive, and applying imagined meaning because your feelings are hurt. Relax man.

I'm GLAD you brought up Tom Brady because Brady is exactly who Lebron should be looking at when he thinks he can be CNN's next anchor man. Tom Brady's comments on Trump.

That's class. The guy doesn't want to get mired in politics, he just plays football. That's why the guy is a legend, and people judge him ONLY on his accomplishments on the field. Lebron is tarnishing his legacy (ala Colin Krapernick) by interjecting himself into these needless debates.

WTF? I didn't even know Don Lemon was GAY. I just think he's an annoying a-hole. But thanks for letting me know he's gay.

You're totally focused on this poisonous attitude of making everything about identity (black, gay, etc) and you're logically flailing about making ZERO points about the topic at hand which is Lebron is heavily disliked by many NBA fans because he's a drama queen. Plain and simple.

Yes, the KKK founded by the Democrat party? Not my politicians, I haven't voted Democrat ever.

So let me get this straight, are you trying to make the point that the NBA is racist?

All I'm saying about the NBA is since it's mostly black, it should have more than a small number of other races in positions behind the scenes. Just because a league is predominantly black doesn't mean the owners love black people; just look at your boy Donald Sterling. Plus, it's messed up the Kaepernick is getting railroad for his beliefs, but guys like woman beater Josh Brown kept his job as well as many drug addicts and killers.

A lot of NBA fans just don't hate LeBron because of his antics, but because he's one of the best players in the game today. All players get hate from NBA fans no matter what they do: Jordan got it, Kobe got it, Curry and KD get it, CP3 gets hate, Kyrie, John Wall, etc. A lot of NBA owners will tolerate LeBron's political views because he produces. If your Warriors had a chance to get LeBron, they would no matter what the front office execs' political views are and you wouldn't say 'no.' LeBron plays for Dan Gilbert, who's a Trump supporter, he never knocked Gilbert for supporting him because they're doing business together. He's just saying he personally doesn't agree with his views just like some athletes didn't agree with Obama. Tom Brady is Trump's boy so, of course, he isn't gonna go against his boy. I never seen people go hard for any Republican president like people do with Trump; I don't remember people going this hard for George W.

Plus, the KKK was founded by Democrats, but after the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964; a lot of them switched over to the Republican Party. They became your "Dixiecrats" and they're there to this day. Also, players do have a life outside of sports, they're not your court jesters that are suppose to only entertain you. A slave master mindset is that you feel control someone, and they're not suppose to think for themselves, which what a slave master does.

Last edited by QCongress83216; 09-07-2017 at 09:16 AM..

Old 09-07-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
All I'm saying about the NBA is since it's mostly black, it should have more than a small number of other races in positions behind the scenes. Just because a league is predominantly black doesn't mean the owners love black people; just look at your boy Donald Sterling. Plus, it's messed up the Kaepernick is getting railroad for his beliefs, but guys like woman beater Josh Brown kept his job as well as many drug addicts and killers.

A lot of NBA fans just don't hate LeBron because of his antics, but because he's one of the best players in the game today. All players get hate from NBA fans no matter what they do: Jordan got it, Kobe got it, Curry and KD get it, CP3 gets hate, Kyrie, John Wall, etc. A lot of NBA owners will tolerate LeBron's political views because he produces. If your Warriors had a chance to get LeBron, they would no matter what the front office execs' political views are and you wouldn't say 'no.' LeBron plays for Dan Gilbert, who's a Trump supporter, he never knocked Gilbert for supporting him because they're doing business together. He's just saying he personally doesn't agree with his views just like some athletes didn't agree with Obama.
First off, Donald Sterling ain't my boy, I'm glad he got ousted. Second, he's 1 guy out of how many owners, executives, investors? Less than 1% of the NBA management population? You can't say the entire league is racist because one guy didn't like black guys.

As for Krapernick, and I say this as a life long 49ers fan (I have autographed jerseys of Montana, Young, and Rice hanging in my man cave right now), the guy isn't that good, that's why he doesn't have a job, not because he knelt during a song. Krapernick can't make reads beyond the first 3 seconds, and once he messes up the reads, he's not patient enough to think things through and he takes off like a 2nd string running back. Just look at his stats line last season. He's really, really bad as a pocket passer, and every team knows this, so they blitz the **** out of him, and it hurt the 49ers when he was leading the offense.

Quote:
Tom Brady is Trump's boy so, of course, he isn't gonna go against his boy. I never seen people go hard for any Republican president like people do with Trump; I don't remember people going this hard for George W.
But Brady isn't on CNN every other day with sound bites about his political views either. That's why people focus on his on-field accomplishments, you don't have much to judge him by when it comes to politics plus he's married to an ultra leftist retard, so it's not like he's a straight up Republican.

Quote:
Plus, the KKK was founded by Democrats, but after the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964; a lot of them switched over to the Republican Party. They became your "Dixiecrats" and they're there to this day. Also, players do have a life outside of sports, they're not your court jesters that are suppose to only entertain you. A slave master mindset is that you feel control someone, and they're not suppose to think for themselves, which what a slave master does.
No, that's a myth perpetuated by Democrats and other leftist political hacks to white wash the history of the Democratic party. This has been debunked multiple times by credible institutions; Sean Trende at real clear politics, the University of Pennsylvania, and others.

The Congress did not switch to majority Republican in the Southern states until 1994. Did it take 30 years for the South to realize it was racist?

21 senators were Democrats before 1964. How many of them became Republicans after the Civil Rights Act passed? ONE.

Democrat Senator Robert Byrd was a KKK Grand Dragon. Hillary Clinton called Byrd a great "mentor" in her life.

Also in 1980 Jimmy Carter launched his Presidential campaign in the same town where the head quarters of the KKK is located in Alabama.

The Democrat party didn't suddenly become less racist out of the blue like you're trying to make it seem, that's ridiculous and makes no sense logically. They adopted a less racist platform for survival of their party since the Civil Rights Movement was sweeping the nation.

The Democrat party was, and still is the party that supported slavery, founded the KKK, and opposed Women's suffrage. That's the history of the party. The "big switch" was a made up fantasy Democrats invented to try and erase that history.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
First off, Donald Sterling ain't my boy, I'm glad he got ousted. Second, he's 1 guy out of how many owners, executives, investors? Less than 1% of the NBA management population? You can't say the entire league is racist because one guy didn't like black guys.

As for Krapernick, and I say this as a life long 49ers fan (I have autographed jerseys of Montana, Young, and Rice hanging in my man cave right now), the guy isn't that good, that's why he doesn't have a job, not because he knelt during a song. Krapernick can't make reads beyond the first 3 seconds, and once he messes up the reads, he's not patient enough to think things through and he takes off like a 2nd string running back. Just look at his stats line last season. He's really, really bad as a pocket passer, and every team knows this, so they blitz the **** out of him, and it hurt the 49ers when he was leading the offense.

But Brady isn't on CNN every other day with sound bites about his political views either. That's why people focus on his on-field accomplishments, you don't have much to judge him by when it comes to politics plus he's married to an ultra leftist retard, so it's not like he's a straight up Republican.

No, that's a myth perpetuated by Democrats and other leftist political hacks to white wash the history of the Democratic party. This has been debunked multiple times by credible institutions; Sean Trende at real clear politics, the University of Pennsylvania, and others.

The Congress did not switch to majority Republican in the Southern states until 1994. Did it take 30 years for the South to realize it was racist?

21 senators were Democrats before 1964. How many of them became Republicans after the Civil Rights Act passed? ONE.

Democrat Senator Robert Byrd was a KKK Grand Dragon. Hillary Clinton called Byrd a great "mentor" in her life.

Also in 1980 Jimmy Carter launched his Presidential campaign in the same town where the head quarters of the KKK is located in Alabama.

The Democrat party didn't suddenly become less racist out of the blue like you're trying to make it seem, that's ridiculous and makes no sense logically. They adopted a less racist platform for survival of their party since the Civil Rights Movement was sweeping the nation.

The Democrat party was, and still is the party that supported slavery, founded the KKK, and opposed Women's suffrage. That's the history of the party. The "big switch" was a made up fantasy Democrats invented to try and erase that history.

First of all, I was playing with you about the Donald Sterling thing. Also, I never said the whole NBA was racist, I'm just certain that there's some owners that could be racist.

On Kaepernick, you're basically saying as a 49ers fan, they lost because of him and won in spite of him. The man still lead your 49ers within a few inches of another Super Bowl title. Blaine Gabbert was a great reader and you still lost 13 more games, and Gabbert has been horrible his whole career. I would take Kaepernick before him and a lot of backups in the NFL. Mark Sanchez can't even become the backup QB because a rookie outdid him.

Plus, it's not LeBron's fault that CNN or ESPN keeps putting his Tweets on the news everyday, he has a right to say what's wrong with this country. Just like I stand with KD for not going to the White House. Last time I checked they were American citizens too. In fact, how do you feel about the fact that KD nor most of the Warriors players not wanting to go see Trump?

Dixiecrat switching to the Republican Party is not made up. Go ask any History teacher and they'll tell you. Plus, give me proof that the Dixiecrats didn't switch over to the Republican party? Give me proof that the Democrats made up. Stop being in your conservative emotions.

Here's proof that the Dixiecrats switched over to the Republican Party:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...iecrat-problem
How Dixiecrats Became Republicans
Dixiecrats
https://www.thenation.com/article/dixiecrats-and-gop/

Old 09-07-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
First of all, I was playing with you about the Donald Sterling thing. Also, I never said the whole NBA was racist, I'm just certain that there's some owners that could be racist.

On Kaepernick, you're basically saying as a 49ers fan, they lost because of him and won in spite of him. The man still lead your 49ers within a few inches of another Super Bowl title.
Uh, no he didn't. He got carried by the #1 or #2 defense in the NFL.

Quote:
Blaine Gabbert was a great reader and you still lost 13 more games, and Gabbert has been horrible his whole career. I would take Kaepernick before him and a lot of backups in the NFL. Mark Sanchez can't even become the backup QB because a rookie outdid him.
Uh, Blaine Gabbert didn't start until the 49ers lost half of their defensive core due to free agency, injury, or retirement. You obviously don't watch much football.

Quote:
Plus, it's not LeBron's fault that CNN or ESPN keeps putting his Tweets on the news everyday, he has a right to say what's wrong with this country. Just like I stand with KD for not going to the White House. Last time I checked they were American citizens too. In fact, how do you feel about the fact that KD nor most of the Warriors players not wanting to go see Trump?
If Lebron really wanted to point out what's wrong with this country, why does he always focus on race? Also why does he never bring up the single parenthood rate in black families? High school graduation rates? Violent crime rates? If Lebron really wanted to help black people, instead of jumping on the "I hate Trump" bandwagon, he would address the actual problems within his own community.

Quote:
Dixiecrat switching to the Republican Party is not made up.
Yes it is. You have RealClearPolitics, and the University of Pennsylvania, both who have conducted extremely detailed studies that say you're completely wrong and in denial. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Name 5 racist senators who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act who switched to the GOP from the Democrat party.

Go ahead I'll wait (for a very long time since I already know the answer).

Old 09-08-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Uh, no he didn't. He got carried by the #1 or #2 defense in the NFL.

Uh, Blaine Gabbert didn't start until the 49ers lost half of their defensive core due to free agency, injury, or retirement. You obviously don't watch much football.

If Lebron really wanted to point out what's wrong with this country, why does he always focus on race? Also why does he never bring up the single parenthood rate in black families? High school graduation rates? Violent crime rates? If Lebron really wanted to help black people, instead of jumping on the "I hate Trump" bandwagon, he would address the actual problems within his own community.

Yes it is. You have RealClearPolitics, and the University of Pennsylvania, both who have conducted extremely detailed studies that say you're completely wrong and in denial. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Name 5 racist senators who opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act who switched to the GOP from the Democrat party.

Go ahead I'll wait (for a very long time since I already know the answer).

On Kaepernick, we'll agree to disagree. I was saying he was the 2nd coming of Joe Montana, but he isn't Tom Savage or Brock Osweiler either.

The reason why LeBron talks about race is because he's still a black man before he's anything. Before he's famous, rich, and a superstar; he nor his kids are exempt from being black. A lot of you white people ignore it because it doesn't happen you. If LeBron should address black issues then why don't the white NBA players and predominantly white coaches address the heroin and opioid epidemics in the white community? The low birth rates? Mass shooting rates? The high rape and sexual assault rates? How can you tell someone else to address the issues in their community if you don't even address the issues in your own community?

Plus, you're getting LeBron for hating Trump; a lot of your Warriors hate Trump too: Steph, KD, Kerr, etc. KD said he's not even going to the White House. Tell me what do you think about that?

You still haven't given me proof on the Dixiecrats switching to Republican was fake. You're naming this sources, but you're not giving me any reports. I've given you 4 sources and you've dismissed them. Give me some receipts on the Dixiecrats going Republican is fake. If you were a prosecutor or a defense attorney on a case and didn't produce any evidence; the judge will throw the case out.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:00 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Isaiah Thomas has loss of cartilage and arthritis in his hip.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-inju...181101313.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball