Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2018, 06:41 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

That was quality basketball last night with the Rockets/Celtics.

It wasn't a fast paced game, but they still scored in the 120s. There was no double digit lead, so it was close the whole game.

The Rockets actually won with defense down the stretch.

Celtics did a great job limiting lob baskets to Capela. Harden was shut down for most of the second half until he got a couple of layups near the end. There were no losers in this game. Both teams played well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 02:17 PM

10,753 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Boston's depth was on full display, not even requiring Irving to have a decent game....
When Boston click they can beat anyone, just that they have rarely clicked lately.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:58 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Anyone else annoyed how the NBA always has to take a backseat to College Basketball during the month of March? No ABC games today at all just a ESPN game that doesn't air until 8pm this evening.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Anyone else annoyed how the NBA always has to take a backseat to College Basketball during the month of March? No ABC games today at all just a ESPN game that doesn't air until 8pm this evening.
No, not annoyed.

1- you usually get extra games on NBATV if you have it

2- college games are way more exciting during tourney time

3- you get a break from it, and when college is done, you know it's playoff time

Old 03-04-2018, 04:35 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
Boston's depth was on full display, not even requiring Irving to have a decent game....
When Boston click they can beat anyone, just that they have rarely clicked lately.
Yeah, that was a fine, playoff-type game. Celts went out on their shields.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:02 AM

@Milwaukee, Simmons had 12 points, 15 assists, 6-9fg shooting, Philly were +7 with Simmons on court, but lost by 8.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:45 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
It never ceases to amaze me how top heavy the NBA is. The Rockets and Warriors are a half game apart and the Warriors are a whopping 11.5 games ahead of the 3-seed; only 3 games seperate 3-seed Minnesota and 8-seed Denver...

In the East, Toronto and Boston are a half-game apart but Boston is 7 games ahead of Cleveland, and only 4.5 games seperate 3-seed Cleveland and 8-seed Miami...

The playoffs will be interesting this year in the first round because in both conferences, any 3-8 seed can win, and I actually think at least two, possibly more, lower seeds will advance to the semifinals. The semis will be interesting because depending on who the Dubs and Rickets draw, I think they can at least make it entertaining--I do NOT think either sweeps through Round 2 if they get the right draw. And in the East, I definitely think Boston can be on upset alert if they draw the right match. I don't think anyone in The East can beat the Raptors, but I think the right draw will make it tough...

At the very least, this year's playoffs will be better than last year's, more competitive. The Rockets-Warriors should be a classic series and I'm officially on the Team Houston, "Beat GS" train. And I think the Raps are good enough to have a fighting chance against either in The Finals...
I hope the Raptors are for real this year. I continue to think that the Cs are going to disappoint in the playoffs: they've been very good this year, but the effort gap will close in the postseason and I just don't think they are talented enough to keep up with LBJ, the Raps, or maybe even Giannis.

The West is clearly a two-team race, hoping for a third if Kawhi comes back healthy and dominant. If the Spurs get healthy, they will not be swept by GS/Houston. Everyone else looks more like a sweep than anything else to me. Maybe someone can steal a game, but I'd bet sweep before I'd bet 4-1.

In the middling area, I think one of the Clips or Jazz will work their way into the playoffs. Who falls out in the West? I think the Spurs & Thunder are the most at risk, given remaining schedules. I would pick the Thunder to miss playoffs at this point.

In the East, I don't think anybody new will join the top 8. The 76ers have one of the tougher Eastern Conference schedules remaining, and I think they are likely to slip to 7 or 8. It's fair to expect the Cavs to fare better in the playoffs than they have in the regular season. The rest of the East's middle is probably not going anywhere. Most interesting facet of the East's playoff picture? LBJ is going to have to go through both of the top 2 seeds to reach the Finals. In a vaccuum, I would favor his Cavs over either team. But getting through a Celtics series then a Toronto series? That looks tough. I pity the top seed that faces the Cavs in Round 2. Even if they can get by LBJ, they're facing a much tougher road than the top seed that faces any other Eastern team in Round 2.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:46 AM

Anyone note what's going on in the west behind the top two?

1-Hou
2-GS
3-Por
4-Min
5-NO
6-SA
7-OKC
8-Den
9-LAC

3 thru 9 has 26, 27, and 28 losses. It's going to be a dogfight down the stretch.

#10 Utah has 30 losses, but is 8-2 in its last 10 games.

Old 03-05-2018, 12:44 PM

Philly's schedule can't be too tough, considering they played Houston twice at the very start of the season (and beat them once, lost the other on the buzzer) and played Golden State twice already too.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:49 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Somebody forgot to tell the Hawks how to tank. They gave the Raptors all they could handle for 3 1/2 quarters.

Anticipation is building for the Rockets' visit on Friday. A possible Final preview. Toronto won early in the year in Houston. In fact, that may have been the victory that helped fuel this season.

No doubt Harden et al will be looking to even the score.

But hopefully, the Raps won't be focused on Houston when they play the Pistons in Detroit tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball