Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2018, 09:16 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times

Advertisements

This Western Conference playoff race is good stuff. No one who hasn't clinched can afford a loss. OKC had a big win at Houston last night and still dropped 1 spot to 7th.

That Minnesota/Denver game on Wednesday is looking like it will be a play-in game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 09:34 PM

10,759 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
And without Embiid the last six games.
Yep, now 7 wins in a row without Embiid (they beat Miami in February without Embiid).
And 8 wins in a row if we count the game Embiid was injured in (because he only played 9 minutes).

Old 04-09-2018, 11:38 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
I think they can beat any team in the East except Cleveland.
Wait... what... ? Sixers just beat them on Friday.

I will say this after watching the repeat of Cavs/Sixers from Friday... LBJ took over in the second half. That was dominating. 3 pointers... bully ball in the post... slam dunk facials... As good as a year as Harden has had... he can't do that. They were down 30 in the 3rdQ and almost pulled it out.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:58 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Wait... what... ? Sixers just beat them on Friday.

I will say this after watching the repeat of Cavs/Sixers from Friday... LBJ took over in the second half. That was dominating. 3 pointers... bully ball in the post... slam dunk facials... As good as a year as Harden has had... he can't do that. They were down 30 in the 3rdQ and almost pulled it out.
The way the Cavs came back from 30 on the road doesnt give me a lot of confidence they can beat the Cavs in a 7 game series.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:01 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
The way the Cavs came back from 30 on the road doesnt give me a lot of confidence they can beat the Cavs in a 7 game series.
The fact that they were up by 30, without Embiid, should indicate that they have a chance.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:16 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,329 times
It's a totally different team. Different strengths, different challenges. Recall the Cavs last year: .500 team down the stretch. Lost by 14 at the end of the year to an average Atlanta team. Two nights later blew a 26 point lead to the same Atlanta team. Destroyed the east, winning 11 out of 12. Including a victory over Boston so dominant they looked like the Monstars. Only they didn't blow their halftime lead.

They do not care about the regular season. It's all about getting ready for the playoffs. They could be the 8 seed, and I'd still pick them to wipe out the east.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:50 PM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Granted it's for the 8th seed and either team probably loses to Houston anyways, but how is Denver/Minnesota on Wednesday NOT on national TV?? 15 of the 16 playoff teams are locked in, the winner of this game will be the 16th and final team in the playoffs.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:22 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,329 times
because no one cares about those teams, and it won't make money

Old 04-10-2018, 06:56 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
because no one cares about those teams, and it won't make money
Take it from someone that doesn't watch much NBA or even ESPN in general. I'd be much more likely to actually tune in and watch that game since it actually means something than then the Bucks/Sixers game which will basically be an exhibition game.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:11 AM

4,862 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Take it from someone that doesn't watch much NBA or even ESPN in general. I'd be much more likely to actually tune in and watch that game since it actually means something than then the Bucks/Sixers game which will basically be an exhibition game.

I'm not a big NBA fan, but I'll be watching this one if it's on Fox Sports North Alt. Minnesota played inspired basketball last night against Memphis. After a 13 year drought of not making the playoffs, this young team seems to want it bad. The lack of inspired play in the NBA is kind of what's turned me off over the last decade. It might as well be a 3 on 3 league as several players just stand around on every offensive set as one player goes one on one or they take a couple passes prior to shooting a three. And defense? "We don't need no stinkin defense" (apologies to Blazing Saddles).

What I watched last night reminded me of what I love about the college game and especially March Madness. Hope the Wolves pull it out. If they do the odds of beating Houston or Golden State in a series aren't good, but at least they give themselves a Loyola-Chicago chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball