Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2018, 01:43 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,199,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
How many basketball players with CTE do you know of?

The hit wasn't that blunt.

Tell it to the league, tough guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 02:46 PM

11,190 posts, read 8,999,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Tell it to the league, tough guy.
Nice rebuttal! Tatum got hit in the back of the head and kept on playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7mvgbjfcxg

Old 05-27-2018, 04:10 PM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 8 days ago)

5,740 posts, read 5,498,102 times
Kevin Love is soft, and I'm not talking about the concussion, though I question his heart and want to play through it. There is a list of in-game incidents in which you can watch how he reacts to things, and how his play can deflate if it's physical. He's a good player, he looked better in Minnesota, but he's a soft player...

And I've been a defender of Love in the past. Even watching him this series though, he's an extremely soft basketball player...

Old 05-27-2018, 04:16 PM

29,414 posts, read 22,296,279 times
Glass Love.

Cavs play better without Love so as long as the Cavs make shots:

Quote:
What does this mean? Well, it should mean that the Cavaliers are better equipped to switch at all five positions defensively, something they’ve done a much better job at doing. It also allows them to rotate more quickly when they show Al Horford a hard double, something he’s struggled to deal with in spots as a passer.

It also means that their spacing is going to be a disaster if George Hill, J.R. Smith, and probably LeBron James aren’t hitting their shots. The problem? Nobody on the Cavaliers has shot well from three in Boston in this series.
https://www.fearthesword.com/2018/5/...-love#comments

Old 05-27-2018, 04:42 PM

331 posts, read 252,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Kevin Love is soft, and I'm not talking about the concussion, though I question his heart and want to play through it. There is a list of in-game incidents in which you can watch how he reacts to things, and how his play can deflate if it's physical. He's a good player, he looked better in Minnesota, but he's a soft player...

And I've been a defender of Love in the past. Even watching him this series though, he's an extremely soft basketball player...
He's still the same player we saw in Minnesota. He just doesn't get as many opportunities to pad stats like he did with the Wolves. For a big man, he's never been an efficient scorer, which is why Minnesota sucked so bad even with those monster lines he used to post.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:49 PM

14,635 posts, read 14,494,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
I've had no stake in the NBA since the Bullets left Baltimore, but ....

The refs swallowed their whistles when the GSW fouled in the 2nd half. James Hardin who I believe led the league in FT attempts got zero attempts in the 2nd half. But hey, Silver, TNT, and ESPN want that 7th game. $$$$$$$$$$$$. Fix was in, gents.
Harden leads the league in FTs because he's a notorious flopper. He's perfected the illusion of being fouled in many different ways, but his strategy relies on the refs buying into it, which sometimes they do not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr4nX3FdDiE

Old 05-27-2018, 05:30 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,991,649 times
Meh. They're all floppers these days. Harden and his antics. Durant and his punching the defender with the ball, then throwing it 50 feet in the completely wrong direction. Of course you could be James, get punched in the jaw every night, and no foul.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:31 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,991,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Interesting, games that happened 36 and 16 years ago have bearing on a game being played in 2018. I am sure Boston fans should think about what happened to different teams in different decades when deciding how confident they should be going into tonight.

Game 7's just tend to be different. They tend to be low scoring and more physical. Cleveland vs. Oakland 2016 and Los Angeles vs. Boston 2010 come to mind.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:41 PM

11,190 posts, read 8,999,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Meh. They're all floppers these days. Harden and his antics. Durant and his punching the defender with the ball, then throwing it 50 feet in the completely wrong direction. Of course you could be James, get punched in the jaw every night, and no foul.
Draymond with his testis hits..

Old 05-27-2018, 07:55 PM

29,414 posts, read 22,296,279 times
Well, LeBron obviously came to play, but someone else on the Cavs better start picking up the slack if they hope to win tonite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball