Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2018, 10:10 PM

525 posts, read 279,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Houston and GS tonite!

One thing I like is that both teams have a tendency to become careless and aloof at times, and both teams are great at capitalizing on these lapses in focus. Should be a great series.
I'm afraid this series will not last very long should the Warriors win the first two games in Houston. If that happens, Houston is getting swept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Lol one game determines Boston's defense troubles Cleveland more than it troubled Philly? I know you're hurt your MCM Simmons is not around any more, but you're really reaching with this one...

Houston HAS to win Game 1, no ifs, ands, or buts. They cannot afford to drop a single home game to Golden State. If lose tonight, what exactly have Paul/Harden/Dantoni ever done to instill belief they can win 4 of a possible 6?

Rockets need this game BADLY...
Houston lost. Golden State is now at full strength, and everyone probably knows how hard it is to defeat a Warriors team at full strength. Should the Warriors win Game 2, the Rockets are getting swept. Simple as that.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:16 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,633,857 times
Klay "lights it up"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPdpyzwAetA

Old 05-14-2018, 10:18 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,929,264 times
Game 2 is basically a MUST win for the Rockets. Their betting odds are probably already cratering being in a 0-1 hole. If they go down 0-2 we can probably make other plans instead of watching game 3.

If Houston doesn’t at least make it a 6 or 7 game series we can label them the Raptors of the west. This is like now or never for Chris Paul and possibly Harden too. Who knows how many more cracks they get at it with a #1 seed team.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:19 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
I only saw the last quarter and a half.

My suggestions for the Rockets to be competitive...

Hopefully they tried some other defensive scheme during the year that they can use. Keeping a single man on Durant will not work. It will be a sweep or 5 games. They need to change up their look defensively - just to keep them off balance. Somehow Thompson got a bunch of open looks. Need to clean that up.

Only 18 team assists... too low. Gotta move the ball.

Bad habits that are allowed to persist will bite you in the butt in the playoffs. Waiting too late in the shot clock to make a move is a bad habit. Harden passing up open shots is a bad habit. They had screw ups in their defensive rotations during the year - that cropped up tonight.

To me - how they choose to defend Durant is the key to the series.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:25 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,255,837 times
They also need to stop just standing around watching the Warriors make easy shots. I was truly disappointed in my Rockets this evening!

Old 05-14-2018, 10:50 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
They also need to stop just standing around watching the Warriors make easy shots. I was truly disappointed in my Rockets this evening!
OK - who left the door unlocked and allowed her in here?

Just kidding. Haven't seen you around for awhile. Hopefully all is well.

GSW knows what it takes to win since they have done it for a few years now. Rockets are still figuring it out from a mental effort standpoint. We will see how they respond on Wednesday.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:44 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,255,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
OK - who left the door unlocked and allowed her in here?

Just kidding. Haven't seen you around for awhile. Hopefully all is well.

GSW knows what it takes to win since they have done it for a few years now. Rockets are still figuring it out from a mental effort standpoint. We will see how they respond on Wednesday.

Thank you things are going well. How are you?

Yes I agree, the Rockets are still figuring it out but tonight's game was ridiculous effort on the part of the Rockets. I hope they pay extra close attention to the films of them standing around allowing easy shots all throughout this game! Shameful!

Old 05-15-2018, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Game 2 is basically a MUST win for the Rockets. Their betting odds are probably already cratering being in a 0-1 hole. If they go down 0-2 we can probably make other plans instead of watching game 3.

If Houston doesn’t at least make it a 6 or 7 game series we can label them the Raptors of the west. This is like now or never for Chris Paul and possibly Harden too. Who knows how many more cracks they get at it with a #1 seed team.
I agree. Should Houston lose Game 2, they're getting swept. Golden State is very nearly impossible to beat on their home court, especially at full strength.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:35 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,654,933 times
I am disappointed in the Rockets as I thought they would win Game 1 before GS put the clamps on them. Maybe the Rockets now see that the regular season vs GS is a lot different than the playoffs, and will adjust to the Warriors accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball