Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2018, 05:53 AM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriettas View Post
You can safely say that the Cavs gonna take Game 6..
Unless they choke.
Teams with poor chemistry sometimes choke when facing elimination.
But most likely each home team will win the next 2 games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 06:44 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Of course, the NBA is more scripted than the WWE!
Basically you are saying they are scripting a bunch of blowouts that are not interesting.

Please stop and think of how stupid that sounds.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:46 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Basically you are saying they are scripting a bunch of blowouts that are not interesting.

Please stop and think of how stupid that sounds.
Bud, I was being sarcastic, hence the "!" and "", chill, I know it's not scripted.

Some people take things so seriously!

Would the NBA and ESPN/TNT want every series go 7 games, blowouts and all, sure, more ad revenue, they have to recoup all those billions they wasted on buying those TV rights.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:54 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Bud, I was being sarcastic, hence the ! and , chill, I know it's not scripted.

Some people take things so seriously!
People often make that argument, and it gets on my nerves because it isn't true.

Being that I am a frequent user of the sarcastic smiley (), your post did not indicate sarcasm to me.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:13 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
People often make that argument, and it gets on my nerves because it isn't true.

Being that I am a frequent user of the sarcastic smiley (), your post did not indicate sarcasm to me.
Sometimes I use , sometimes I use , sometimes I use , sometimes I even use in my sarcasm, we are all different and great, that's what makes life so wonderful.

Plus, someone further up the thread mentioned the ratings have been good/great, even with all the blowouts, so maybe people don't care about the 20, 30, 40 point wins or they're probably spending most of the time on their phones anyways, while the game is on their TV but it still counts as a "viewer".

Old 05-24-2018, 10:46 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I wasn't able to watch the game last night but wow....look at the disparity in "hustle stats".

O-rebs 7-3, Steals 10-3....

Celts shot 36.5% and won by 13???????

Wow. I think Boston is smelling blood now, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win Game 6 but Lebron might have a bit left in the tank still.

At least we are getting exciting WCF and ECF...the finals are shaping up to be awful.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:07 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I wasn't able to watch the game last night but wow....look at the disparity in "hustle stats".

O-rebs 7-3, Steals 10-3....

Celts shot 36.5% and won by 13???????

Wow. I think Boston is smelling blood now, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win Game 6 but Lebron might have a bit left in the tank still.

At least we are getting exciting WCF and ECF...the finals are shaping up to be awful.
I don't know about awful...

Boston has the length, athleticism and defensive intensity to make things interesting against Houston or GS....don't expect them to win but I don't think they would get swept probably go 6 games

I think youth is serving them in that they don't know they shouldn't be here yet...they have not played fearful in either of the last 2 series

Old 05-24-2018, 04:12 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
My last comment I said that we would see what Boston is made of. Apparently, these guys are fighters. So, does Cleveland have what it takes to force a Game 7? Will Boston take it easy in Game 6 knowing they have a home game left to finish the deal (Always a risky proposition).

I have to admit I am surprised the Rockets and Warriors are tied at 2. I thought GS would have finished them off by now, but would anyone really be surprised if GS just won the next two games and ended this thing in 6?

Old 05-24-2018, 05:49 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,312 times
Quote:
Of course, the NBA is more scripted than the WWE!
I'm an old dude and I used to watch the NBA all the time. I have long since lost interest. The other day I was watching the Cavs against the Celtics and I asked myself right out loud, "Why have I lost interest in the NBA?" Then there was a play when a Celtic drove to the basket against the Cavs' Kevin Love. Love stepped out of the way so as not to get a foul. The ball handler lost his balance as he neared the rim and put up a weird shot. The ref called a foul on Love. In slow-mo replay, it looked like Love perhaps never touched the guy at all. No contact whatsoever. It was a two shot foul and Love's second foul in the first quarter, which meant that the foul was sending him to the bench. I answered my question, "Okay, now I remember." I turned the channel to something else.

The ref wasn't trying to cheat anyone, he just missed the call. Beyond the 2 shot foul, how many points did that blown call cost the Cavs what with Love on the bench? Six point maybe. And that is just one missed call among many that will occur during most games. Most people don't worry about that kind of stuff. They're true fans of the NBA. Meanwhile, I just get annoyed. There is one answer to that problem: stop watching. That's what I have done.

Old 05-24-2018, 06:44 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
None other than Don Nelson made the suggestion that the Dubs need to stop jacking up perimeter shots and drive to the basket more.

Let's see how the Dubs adjust tonite, I expect them to win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball