Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 02:15 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,923,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So how is Manziel doing

Quite actually Johnny Football is doing great. His football team is in first place in Canada. He's apparently got his act together but I'm sure he'll fall off of the wagon sooner or later. Some folks just can't handle success and self destruct. I had a BIL like that.

In regards to the Spurs, while they want to report that there's no bad feelings on the court against Leonard, out of the news print the others want him gone. They don't care where, just get out of the Spurs organization. All he has accomplished here is damage. And that's what he's going to bring to where ever he ends up. I hope he ends up with one of the Kalifornia teams though. The Kalifornia mindset of "doing it for me" is his life style and he'll fit in just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2018, 07:56 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
I would argue that if everyone in the organization (coaches, teammates, medical staff, front office staff) are starting to question your mindset and your desire then it might not be all of them that is the problem, it might be you (or Kawhi in this case). I still think "disrespect" is the wrong word to use. It could be fair to say that they soured on him as a person and turned on him to some degree but Kawhi certainly played a part in that happening. The truth isn't disrespectful, it is just the truth.
When you're the star, you do what you want Kawhi. He wanted to sit out, they wanted him to play.

In reality, he should've just been quiet, played 1 more season then bolt to the Lakers. Now, the Spurs know they have to trade him before he leaves and I don't think the Spurs are dumb enough to trade him to the Lakers.

Disrespect is the perfect word to use, Parker stated his quad injury was 100x worse than Kawhi:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ard/453946002/

Old 06-20-2018, 12:59 AM

24,632 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Giving it some thought, Spurs need to trade Kawhi, not now but right now. He's going to LA no matter what.

Other teams ironically need to stay away from Kawhi, because he'll just leave to LA after he's finished with them.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:11 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
If I’m Cleveland I give the Spurs the #8 pick and match the salary for a one year Kawhi rental.

What are other contenders willing to give for a one year rental? I just don’t see some of these young contending teams giving up their future run for a one year guy

Old 06-20-2018, 08:57 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Apparently Kawhi and Pop met yesterday in San Diego.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:51 AM

1,156 posts, read 987,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
Quite actually Johnny Football is doing great. His football team is in first place in Canada. He's apparently got his act together but I'm sure he'll fall off of the wagon sooner or later. Some folks just can't handle success and self destruct. I had a BIL like that.

In regards to the Spurs, while they want to report that there's no bad feelings on the court against Leonard, out of the news print the others want him gone. They don't care where, just get out of the Spurs organization. All he has accomplished here is damage. And that's what he's going to bring to where ever he ends up. I hope he ends up with one of the Kalifornia teams though. The Kalifornia mindset of "doing it for me" is his life style and he'll fit in just fine.
Hmmm, if you think this is "great." Ok, I see you got the bar set really high.

Johnny Manziel doesn't play in CFL season opener, watches Tiger-Cats lose from the bench

So Kawhi missing out on a max contract and taking less money is "doing it for me"? Maybe he sees the writing on the wall at the Spurs, Popovich only a few years left, an aging Aldridge not to mention the lack of talent as Parker and Ginobli wane into retirement.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:53 AM

1,156 posts, read 987,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Giving it some thought, Spurs need to trade Kawhi, not now but right now. He's going to LA no matter what.

Other teams ironically need to stay away from Kawhi, because he'll just leave to LA after he's finished with them.
Kawhi pretty much said that to teams that might enter into a trade with the Spurs. For some reason, he wants to maybe be back home. Who really knows.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:00 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times
Here's the common sense to this issue with Kawhi:

Kawhi has already said he doesn't want to play in SA anymore. And prefers to play with the Lakers. What he actually should say if he hasn't already (by making it public) is to say, "If I am not traded to the Lakers, I will NOT resign with the Spurs or any team who trades for me."

This will One: devalue his worth, no team will want to pay "fair" market value for a one year rental. Two: Make the Lakers offer the best offer the Spurs will get because the Lakers will have the confidence of resigning him.

If the Spurs don't trade him to the Lakers, as with Paul George, the Lakers will just get him next year as a free agent. This isn't about money, Kawhi is already turning down the best super max offer he can get from SA. It is about where he now wants to play.

Getting Lebron and Paul George in my opinion is a done deal.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:09 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
If I’m Cleveland I give the Spurs the #8 pick and match the salary for a one year Kawhi rental.

What are other contenders willing to give for a one year rental? I just don’t see some of these young contending teams giving up their future run for a one year guy

This isn't a bad idea, LeBron then might not opt out and playout his last year, and after next year they both can come to LA together.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:12 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,690,792 times
Looking at it from the Spurs' standpoint, what assets would you want back from the Lakers and Clippers in a Kawhi trade?

The problem that I see with the Lakers is they don't have draft picks. They have the 25th pick in tomorrow night's draft and their 2019/2020/2021 picks probably will be late 1st rounders if they get Kawhi. They certainly will be if they add Lebron as well. They have some nice young players (Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball) but I can't imagine the Spurs organization wanting to take on Lonzo Ball just because of the circus that Lavar Ball would bring. Can you imagine Popovich trying to ignore Lavar Ball's rants? The Spurs are like the antithesis of everything that is Lavar Ball.

From the Clippers' perspective, they have the 12th and 13th picks in tomorrow night's draft, which would be appealing but certainly aren't nearly enough. Just like the Lakers, their 2019/2020/20201 picks would likely be late 1st rounders if they get Kawhi. What young players on the Clippers would you be interested in if you are the Spurs? This is the tough part, as I don't know that the Clippers have any young players that they would be enticing to the Spurs that they could package with multiple 1st rounders to get a deal done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball