Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 11:56 AM

5,820 posts, read 5,625,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
Korver isn't getting good looks because the Warriors are focused on staying on his hip when he is in. It doesn't help the Cavs that they spend a lot of time getting mismatches for LBJ in the half-court set, leaving little time to spring Korver for open looks.

With the Warriors sticking to Korver, he doesn't provide much offense. I think he is a harder worker on defense than JR, but he can't stick with the Warriors players at this stage of his career. It's a rock-and-a-hard-place situation for Lue on those two.

The Cavs have a really porous defense. They have to get a lot better defensively to compete in this series.

The Rockets played great defense and the Cavs have not.

This Cavs team needs to put up more resistance on defense. They need to be more physical, they need to pressure the ball, they need to contest shots, and they need to get their hands into passing lanes.

Defense is why the Cavs lost the first game. It's why they lost the second game, too.

The Cavs' defense was bad in Game 1 and worse in Game 2. The media attention on the charge/block & JR Smith concealed the actual basketball: the LBJ made a lot of tough shots in Game 1, and the Warriors missed on a quite a few great looks. The Cavs have to play better to compete. Officiating is not the difference.

The Curry "airball" 3 was an obvious foul & makeup call. LBJ has taken 20 free throws, more than anyone else in the series. Curry, as usual, gets no love from officials on his drives, even though he routinely gets contact.

Curry took 2 free throws and one of them was on a technical foul. I'm not sure how you can possibly think that looking at Curry is a foul.
Curry jumped into the defender on that play...that needs to be legislated out of the sport. Klay had a similar play where he leaned into the defender and got the call...

Your other points are pretty valid. Cavs do have to play better. They held strong in the first 1.5 quarters before letting the Dubs cruise the last six minutes of the first half. Then they fought back and made it close in the third before folding over in the fourth. We have to play better...

We were down 0-2 in each of the last two seasons and lost by larger margins both times. Particularly in 2017, we looked completely outclassed and that was with Kyrie; we were down 0-2 with larger margins with Kyrie...

The feeling is different this time, admittedly I'm speaking instinctually and hoping I'm right. There have been stretches of good defense in the first two games, even last night. Last night lacked 4-quarter effort, but last night's effort is a huge turnaround from last year...

Our margin for error is razor thin, I'm not hiding from that. I like where we are though, I really do. We don't have to play perfect defense to beat this Warriors team. We need to be better--we played well enough D to win Game 1 in regulation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 12:42 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,080,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Curry jumped into the defender on that play...that needs to be legislated out of the sport. Klay had a similar play where he leaned into the defender and got the call...

Your other points are pretty valid. Cavs do have to play better. They held strong in the first 1.5 quarters before letting the Dubs cruise the last six minutes of the first half. Then they fought back and made it close in the third before folding over in the fourth. We have to play better...

We were down 0-2 in each of the last two seasons and lost by larger margins both times. Particularly in 2017, we looked completely outclassed and that was with Kyrie; we were down 0-2 with larger margins with Kyrie...

The feeling is different this time, admittedly I'm speaking instinctually and hoping I'm right. There have been stretches of good defense in the first two games, even last night. Last night lacked 4-quarter effort, but last night's effort is a huge turnaround from last year...

Our margin for error is razor thin, I'm not hiding from that. I like where we are though, I really do. We don't have to play perfect defense to beat this Warriors team. We need to be better--we played well enough D to win Game 1 in regulation...
2015 - Warriors didn't have Durant. Cavs have Lebron; Kyrie and Kevin are out due to injuries
2016 - Warriors didn't have Durant and Draymond was out for 1 game. Kevin, Kyrie and Lebron
2017 - Warriors have Kevin Durant ; Cavs have Kevin, Kyrie and Lebron
2018 - Warriors have Kevin Durant ; Cavs Kevin and Lebron no Kyrie

Sorry dude but Cavs are not winning this series. They might win 1 or 2 games.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:48 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,519,807 times
Quote:

Clarkson bit on the fake then grabbed Curry's shoulder from behind as he was jumping by and the refs didn't call it but gave the Warriors the ball on an out-of-bounds. It was a clear foul, an easy call, and not the kind of Sam Cassell move you are talking about.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:24 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,191,080 times
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/06/04/re...state-warriors

The refs gave Lou a technical for agruing a bad call, which turned out to be a bad call. This is insane. Game 1, they review a play because they can't tell that Lebron is 2-3 feet outside of the restricted area. In game 2, they can't see contact when 3 guys are going for the ball. Why are these guys even refs?

Old 06-04-2018, 08:20 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,636,772 times
LeBron Was Devastated to Learn Cavs Still Had a Timeout in Game 1

The exact hour and minute when LeBron made the decision to leave the Cavaliers for greener pastures (1:43 of video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVdnrt6HCh0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXEBlMRC4Yw

Old 06-04-2018, 11:59 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,639,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
LeBron Was Devastated to Learn Cavs Still Had a Timeout in Game 1

The exact hour and minute when LeBron made the decision to leave the Cavaliers for greener pastures (1:43 of video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVdnrt6HCh0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXEBlMRC4Yw
But....JR is Lebron’s boy. He and Tristan Thompson are part of Lebron’s talent agency, and Lebron “suggested” both should be given max contracts by the Cavs a couple years back.

Old 06-05-2018, 04:00 AM

5,820 posts, read 5,625,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
2015 - Warriors didn't have Durant. Cavs have Lebron; Kyrie and Kevin are out due to injuries
2016 - Warriors didn't have Durant and Draymond was out for 1 game. Kevin, Kyrie and Lebron
2017 - Warriors have Kevin Durant ; Cavs have Kevin, Kyrie and Lebron
2018 - Warriors have Kevin Durant ; Cavs Kevin and Lebron no Kyrie

Sorry dude but Cavs are not winning this series. They might win 1 or 2 games.
Nothing you said invalidated what I said, which is the Cavs have been down 0-2 in both of the last two seasons and lost both games by larger margins than the 0-2 this year. We were down 0-2 with Kyrie aboard and looked worse than we do this year...

Per your last two sentences, the same sentiment was shared after losing Game 2 by 33 points two years ago and that series didn't work out how 99% of people called it...

I'm not concerned, we've exploited some vulnerability in this '18 Warriors team, we just haven't capitalized on them. I was definitely concerned at 0-2 last year. We go down 0-3, I'll concede, but as you Warriors guys learned all too well two years ago, it's the first one to 4. This thing isn't over yet and I believe Cleveland will prove me right tomorrow. The '18 Cavs have a dearth of talent compared to the last two years, but are more resilient and more defensively inclined than our '17 product. We have a shot at this thing, but it starts next gane and we have to send it back to Oakland 2-2...

Old 06-05-2018, 04:42 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,080,376 times
Quote:
Nothing you said invalidated what I said, which is the Cavs have been down 0-2 in both of the last two seasons and lost both games by larger margins than the 0-2 this year. We were down 0-2 with Kyrie aboard and looked worse than we do this year...

Per your last two sentences, the same sentiment was shared after losing Game 2 by 33 points two years ago and that series didn't work out how 99% of people called it...

I'm not concerned, we've exploited some vulnerability in this '18 Warriors team, we just haven't capitalized on them. I was definitely concerned at 0-2 last year. We go down 0-3, I'll concede, but as you Warriors guys learned all too well two years ago, it's the first one to 4. This thing isn't over yet and I believe Cleveland will prove me right tomorrow. The '18 Cavs have a dearth of talent compared to the last two years, but are more resilient and more defensively inclined than our '17 product. We have a shot at this thing, but it starts next gane and we have to send it back to Oakland 2-2...
I am not a warriors fan.

2 years ago, the warriors didn't have Kevin Durant and Curry was still suffering from the knee injury. This was also the 1st year that the Cavs Big 3 faced the warriors. Draymond was out for 1 game. The following year with Kevin Durant, the cavs only won 1 game. The warriors with Durant is a whole new monster. I can see the Cavs winning 1 or 2 but Lebron will need another monster game.

Last edited by Mr. Ryu; 06-05-2018 at 04:52 AM..

Old 06-05-2018, 09:01 AM

17,155 posts, read 15,366,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
But....JR is Lebron’s boy. He and Tristan Thompson are part of Lebron’s talent agency, and Lebron “suggested” both should be given max contracts by the Cavs a couple years back.
1:37 says it all.

"We have no timeouts?"

I'm surprised Smith is still alive.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:41 AM

1,156 posts, read 986,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
1:37 says it all.

"We have no timeouts?"

I'm surprised Smith is still alive.
Yep, seems as he also lost faith in Lue for not screaming time out when the situation started to unravel. Lebron looked like he tried to get the time out, before JR passed to Hill, but the official never saw it. So he may be thinking where was Lue? I think he's gone and can only hope he goes to Lakers or Houston to get the whiny Warriors out of the Finals next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball