Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2018, 07:01 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

LeBron was asked a question about his teammates, and he gave the "PC" answer, but outside of the cameras, I tend to believe these reports.

No doubt about it, LBJ is gone, gone, GONE from these Cavs next season.

LeBron James Disappointed In Tristan Thompson & Teammates: Needs Their Help – Hollywood Life

Quote:
The Cleveland Cavaliers entire 2018 NBA playoff run has been dependent on one man, LeBron James, to come through with big numbers. Now they’re on the verge of being swept out of the NBA finals by a dominant Golden State Warriors squad in a crucial game four on June 8. Bron’s had almost no help from Tristan Thompson and other teammates throughout the playoffs and desperately needs them to put up some numbers. “LeBron is disappointed and frustrated by Tristan and his Cavaliers teammates as they face and embarrassing sweep in the finals tonight,” an NBA source tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY.

“LeBron was hoping that Tristan, or someone, anyone on the team would step up in a big way, and give him and the team the boost they so desperately need to get at least one win against Steph (Curry) and the reigning champion Warriors team. LeBron issued a challenge to the team, to do more, play harder and avoid being eliminated at home tonight. LeBron feels like he is doing everything himself, and if he could pass the ball to himself to score, he would,” our insider adds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 07:37 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
No doubt about it, LBJ is gone, gone, GONE from these Cavs next season.
I know this won't happen, but it would be epic if after tonight's lost, LeBron rips off his Cavs jersey and he has his new team's jersey (the Dubs) on underneath!

Old 06-08-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I know this won't happen, but it would be epic if after tonight's lost, LeBron rips off his Cavs jersey and he has his new team's jersey (the Dubs) on underneath!
Yea ha ha. Reminds me of his last game as a Cavalier first time around, as he stormed off the court he took off his Cavaliers jersey.

But Cavaliers hanging tough tonite!

Old 06-08-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Yea ha ha. Reminds me of his last game as a Cavalier first time around, as he stormed off the court he took off his Cavaliers jersey.

But Cavaliers hanging tough tonite!
I figure, maybe if he immediately says he's signing with the Dubs after the Cavs lose this year's Finals, he could get credit for 1/2 a championship?

Old 06-08-2018, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I figure, maybe if he immediately says he's signing with the Dubs after the Cavs lose this year's Finals, he could get credit for 1/2 a championship?
This game's over.

It's a little sad to see the Cavs just phoning it in now. LeBron has clearly checked out mentally and physically. There was a shot of him on the bench just screaming at his teammates in anger and frustration.

It was funny to read Green mention that there was a high probability he won't stay with the Warriors if James signs with them.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:29 PM

Alright, let's see if LeBron takes off and throws away his Cavs jersey as he walks off the court (if they show it). That will signify for sure if he's leaving or not.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:31 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Quote:
Alright, let's see if LeBron takes off and throws away his Cavs jersey as he walks off the court (if they show it). That will signify for sure if he's leaving or not.
He kept his jersey on this time. No reason to be mad about him walking off though, he gave his all these playoffs.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
He kept his jersey on this time. No handshakes though.
When he was substituted off the court with something like 3 minutes left, he shook the hands of the Warriors before taking his seat, so he gets a pass from me.

Curry now has three rings, same as LeBron.

Hopefully Curry will be MVP of the finals.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:37 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Yeah, Durant has a legendary Game 3, but I hope Steph gets it too.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Curry now has three rings, same as LeBron.
He should be passing him this time next year, unless they're teammates!

Maybe we can just have the NBA go on a 3 year sabbatical and give everybody 3 years off, players, coaches, employees (still get paid of course) and just hand the Dubs the next 3 NBA titles, it's just so anticlimactic at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball