Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where will LeBron play next season?
Cleveland 11 18.64%
Philadelphia 7 11.86%
Los Angeles 23 38.98%
Houston 5 8.47%
San Antonio 6 10.17%
Other 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 06:38 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Well, Adidas did well with Rose, it was just the injuries killed the endorsement. Hard to advertise the "Derrick Rose 3" when he's not on the court wearing them. The talent was there, just like it's there with Lebron, but the injuries greatly derailed Rose's basketball career, as well as, his Adidas deal. Didn't Harden come in and pick up where Rose left off?
Adidas got screwed with the D Rose deal. 2012 = signed a deal worth 185 million dollars for the next 14 years with perks and incentives. (for example - use of a private plane)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ELyKJMH7w
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 07:03 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Toronto Raptors would be great.

Toronto is close to Cleveland.
+1, I agree.

However, I wonder if the Detroit Pistons might also check an eye on LeBron? Detroit is also close to Cleveland as well.

Old 06-10-2018, 08:22 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
I definitely don't see Lebron going to any team in the Western conference given how that the Warriors play in the West. The Eastern conference is a much easier road for him to get to the Finals. The Lakers don't have enough talent to be serious championship contenders. The Lakers would need more than just Lebron and a good free agent pickup to beat the Warriors or Rockets and a 7-game playoff series.

Old 06-10-2018, 09:27 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times
I actually wouldn't be surprised if he decided to take a year off. I doubt it happens, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did.

But in all likelihood, I would guess Philadelphia.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:24 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I definitely don't see Lebron going to any team in the Western conference given how that the Warriors play in the West. The Eastern conference is a much easier road for him to get to the Finals. The Lakers don't have enough talent to be serious championship contenders. The Lakers would need more than just Lebron and a good free agent pickup to beat the Warriors or Rockets and a 7-game playoff series.
Don't count the Warriors out as a possible landing spot, although it would be incredibly bad for the NBA, but would be the only option for Lebron to catch and surpass MJ in championships if that's his goal. If not I agree staying in the East is best just to get to more finals.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:52 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
I actually wouldn't be surprised if he decided to take a year off. I doubt it happens, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did.

But in all likelihood, I would guess Philadelphia.
I doubt he goes to Philly. The 76ers look good but it's not really stable.

Ben is still learning.
Markus is still learning and relearning how to shoot.
Joel needs to stay healthy. (already had a meniscus tear in his left knee)

I would say Rockets and Celtics. (it might **** off Kyrie but heh)

I would say Cavaliers IF they somehow land Paul George and Kahwi.

I would say Lakers IF they somehow land Paul George and Kahwi.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:04 AM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
He’s a front-runner, so I expect to Philadelphia.
I don't think he'll go to Philly. They're not ready to win right now, Embid can't stay healthy plus Simmons can't shoot. They've just now started to win but they're not ready to contend for a title. So, they would be another year or two away.

Last edited by QCongress83216; 06-11-2018 at 09:12 AM..

Old 06-11-2018, 12:12 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,572 times
My bet today would be the Lakers with Paul George and Kevin Love (with Ball, Ingram, and Deng heading to Cleveland). My #2 would be the Heat.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:27 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,126,326 times
I'm really not sure I can picture him going west, and having to go through Houston and Golden State to even GET to the finals. I also can't picture him going to Philly (too young), Boston (Kyrie doesn't want to play with him), or Toronto (Team has too many weaknesses). I don't know, my gut says Cleveland or LA, but with the edge for Cleveland.

Old 06-11-2018, 01:54 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
LeBron is a family man, and his family is pretty firmly established in Akron. I don’t think he wants to uproot them. He will try to continue to build up the team in Cleveland.
His family doesn't want to live in Akron, and because he is a family man, and as he said, this is a family decision. He will move full time into his Beverly Hills mansion and play for the Lakers. He's already been spotted in LA checking into schools for his kids.

It's not about just basketball at this point, it's about business, and lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball