Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 05:59 PM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Ariza is going to the Suns.
Yup, I misread the bleacher report article

What a disaster. He was a good role player
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 09:03 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Yup, I misread the bleacher report article

What a disaster. He was a good role player
That's one of those "I don't care about winning, I need money" moves by Ariza. He literally went from first to worst. The Suns will be improved this year, sure, but no way that team is sniffing a top 4 Western Conference seed for years.

Old 07-01-2018, 10:18 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
That's one of those "I don't care about winning, I need money" moves by Ariza. He literally went from first to worst. The Suns will be improved this year, sure, but no way that team is sniffing a top 4 Western Conference seed for years.
Ariza will probably retire without sniffing another conference finals. But hey, those extra millions might come in handy in his life after basketball.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:32 PM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
At 33 it’s interesting he would do that.

Welp, as already mentioned, some folks don’t care about rings.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:22 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
Now Lance Stephenson joins the Lakers to be with LeBron. Can't make this stuff up, the NBA just gets better.,

Old 07-02-2018, 01:33 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Now Lance Stephenson joins the Lakers to be with LeBron. Can't make this stuff up, the NBA just gets better.,
I like Stephenson paired with Lebron. He's a pest and that's a valuable commodity. Lebron knows that. Stephenson is serviceable. He's a younger JR Smith. Lebron is the reason JR is making the money that he is, because in 2016, he played high IQ basketball. When JR is motivated he's a good piece on a championship team. He's just at that stage where he's likely not serviceable anymore, except for garbage time on a championship team. His value can be absorbed by younger players.

If LA can't get Kawhi this year, there's always next year. I like what LA is doing with the 1 year deals and getting players on the cheap. They make the playoffs and they're better than they've been in the last 5 years, so everybody wins in that deal. Also, LA is auditioning these players, so if they don't work out this season, they're gone for the 2019-2020 season.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I like Stephenson paired with Lebron. He's a pest and that's a valuable commodity. Lebron knows that. Stephenson is serviceable. He's a younger JR Smith. Lebron is the reason JR is making the money that he is, because in 2016, he played high IQ basketball. When JR is motivated he's a good piece on a championship team. He's just at that stage where he's likely not serviceable anymore, except for garbage time on a championship team. His value can be absorbed by younger players.

If LA can't get Kawhi this year, there's always next year. I like what LA is doing with the 1 year deals and getting players on the cheap. They make the playoffs and they're better than they've been in the last 5 years, so everybody wins in that deal. Also, LA is auditioning these players, so if they don't work out this season, they're gone for the 2019-2020 season.
They also got Rondo for one year, which should be an interesting season for the Lakers for sure.

They renounced Randle though, I did like him a lot.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:05 PM

Boogie Cousins to the Warriors.

Old 07-02-2018, 07:06 PM

14,680 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Quote:
Boogie Cousins to the Warriors.
*insert Dr Evil laugh*

Old 07-02-2018, 07:09 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times
Quote:
They also got Rondo for one year, which should be an interesting season for the Lakers for sure.

They renounced Randle though, I did like him a lot.
I think Randle was always out. He took too long to develop and LA lost patience with him. The clock started ticking on him when they brought in Ball and they were starting to realize value in Ingram. I don’t blame him or LA. I think it was a mutual separation.

Also didn’t help that they got value out of Kuzma instantly, it wasn’t going to help Randle. Add in Lebron and he was clearly gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball