Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 01:49 PM

412 posts, read 302,062 times

Advertisements

Hello folks Name 3 teams you like and reasons why and 3 teams you dislike
So here is mine:
Utah Jazz - Donovan Mitchell brings some fire in this team, i was worried because Gordon Hayward left, but Donovan proves me wrong. Glad they defeated Thunder in playoffs. IMO he is ROTY, bring Utah to the finals next year young man !! + They have best jerseys
Chicago Bulls - I like young players in the team, Lavine+Markkanen+Dunn and Wendell Carter seems good choice too. Definitely cheering for this young team. If Markkanen can be more physical and Dunn and Lavine stay out of injuries it will be fun to watch next season.
Boston Celtics - They deserves respect for how far they get in playoffs without Irving and Hayward. Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum were on fire. This team will be in finals next year IMO. Kyrie was very good leader in regular season.

Teams which i dislike:
Golden state Warriors
Oklahoma City Thunder
Toronto Raptors
(It is not really dislike from my side, but i dont like watch these teams )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 06:35 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times

Warriors: my team since 1990, from decent to very bad to very good. Brilliant front office who made all the right moves with drafting, trading and coaching. 40 years no division title to the team you see now. Best fans in the game (along with the Knicks). It’s still hard to believe how the team is now compared to the Chis Cohen years. They hate us cos they ain’t us.

Celtics: made the hard decision to trade away all their championship players when they still had value to go bad for several years in full rebuild mode. Not easy when you’re in a major market with a storied franchise. Ainge caught a lot of flack for that and for hanging onto draft picks as long as he did, looking like King Midas now. Brilliant coach who has an argument for best in the league.

Pistons: my family is from the Detroit area so a special place in my heart. Grew up watching the bad boy Pistons without fully realizing how classless they were but that has nothing to do with the modern team. It’s too bad there’s no sign they will right the ship any time soon.

Dislike

Thunder: Overrated craphouse of an organization who got lucky with a few draft picks being mistaken for elite. Terrible coaching leaving the players to scrap for the ball and throw up bricks. Arrogant superstar (the one they foolishly kept) who stat pads and has no idea what he’s doing BBIQ wise. Fans who gave Durant unlimited crap for leaving but stole their team from Sonics fans with no warning only a few years earlier.

Clippers: not as much as a few years ago when Doc, Paul and Griffin were the crybabies of the league, all that chest-thumping with not even a WCF appearance. They’re back to being LA’s forgotten team with nothing to show for it. Good! (I’ll admit I miss the rivalry)

Lakers: arrogance personified, earned in the past but not now. They went the opposite way of the Celtics, trading all their draft picks for broken down stars, bottoming out with no plan, still thinking they’ll get all the premier free agents every year. Lavar Brown Teeth Ball.

The Rockets miss the list by a nose hair...

Last edited by Natural510; 06-26-2018 at 06:43 PM..

Old 06-26-2018, 07:39 PM

89 posts, read 113,446 times
Celtics: I am a bigger college basketball fan than NBA fan by far, and my college team from which I'm an alum of the school is Michigan. One of the Celtics owners is a Michigan grad and spoke at my graduation the same season the Celtics won the title (2008). I've been supporting them ever since. I like their roster right now--they have some good, young players--and they have a good coach who probably deserved to win "Coach of the Year." I think they are about to be a problem for the Warriors.

Warriors: I like their style of play, Kerr, and Kevin Durant is my favorite NBA player. They are forcing other teams in the league to step up what they're doing, and so far only a few teams are really threatening to truly rise to the occasion. I do tend to hate dynasties, but a lot of the time dynasties eventually improve a sport because of how they force other teams to make changes to improve in order to compete. Personally, I think the NBA has been boring for the last 10 years--especially the regular seasons--and now that we see how Houston is responding, how the Celtics are responding and we're waiting to see if the Lakers will respond, this is changing because of the Warriors.

Grizzlies: It's my hometown team. I liked them best when they had Lionel Hollins as the coach. With him as the coach, I think if they had been able to draft a couple of good players or get some better players in free agency to go with Randolph, Gasol and Conley, they really could have become more of a threat in the playoffs.

Dislike
Lakers: They're like the Dallas Cowboys and Michigan/Notre Dame football of basketball--everyone talks about them all the time, but when was the last time they were worth a damn? Enough already. Plus, Lavar Ball is annoying, Lonzo Ball is annoying, they had annoying D'Angelo Russell and annoying Nick Young. They've just been full of young and/or annoying people since Kobe left (who I also hate).

Cavaliers: I'm all about Michigan, so I don't like anything Ohio or anybody who is all about Ohio. So, not a LeBronZE (i.e. chronic runner-up) fan. Plus, the organization really seems to be run by idiots--it's almost enough to sympathize with LeBronZE, despite his being stupid enough to keep going to the Cavs and wanting to be with the Cavs and dealing with all those idiots, those sorry teammates and all that losing just because it's where he's from and he "loves" Ohio. Leave Cleveland alone, LeBronZE. They're killing your legacy.

Grizzlies: It's my hometown team and everything, but they're another org that seems to be run by idiots, doesn't know how to identify the right coaches, doesn't know how to draft good college players, etc.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:34 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
Warriors
Lakers

Dislikes:
Celtics
Celtics
Celtics

Old 06-27-2018, 09:48 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
like:

Bulls--lived in Chicago for years, and followed them since the days of Love, Walker, Sloan, Boerwinkle, etc.

Warriors--perhaps the greatest jump shooting team of all time, and as a kid playing ball, jumpers were my specialty.

Spurs--I was a fan of both David Robinson and Tim Duncan for their quiet but strong leadership.

don't like

Cavs--sorry just could never warm up to LeBron after his 'taking my talents' debacle. I do respect him for his work ethic and dedication.

Spurs--the SJW, TDS (trump derangement syndrome) stuff from Pop is a big turnoff to me.

Warriors--the SJW, TDS (trump derangement syndrome) stuff from Kerr is a big turnoff to me.

OK so the spurs and warriors on both my like and hate lists. As Emerson said (paraphrase) 'consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.'

Old 06-27-2018, 09:51 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I could have added like Toronto, whom I rooted for in the playoffs, but now with coach Casey going to Detroit, that goes to Detroit with him. I met him when he was here as a Sonics asst, and he is a great, great guy.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:41 AM

287 posts, read 237,231 times
like:

Spurs--Wanted to join the military from a young age and when I was in elementary/jr. high, I found out about this young guy from the Navel Academy being selected 1st overall in the draft. Some guy named David Robinson. Been a big fan ever since.

Jazz--I live in Utah now so get to their games a few times a year, plus the Spurs started their successful run in the late 90's patterning the team after the Stock/Malone/Sloan Jazz, and finally, Gobbert and Mitchell are fun to watch

C's--They're young but still play defense. I like their coach, their stars, and their youngins

don't like:

LAL-- I have never been a front runner and that has always been what the Lakers were. Fans of theirs were/are usually fans of the Yankees and Patriots too. ugh.

OKC-- C'mon man, move back to Seattle already.

Warriors--

Used to like them. Barron Davis, Tim Hardaway, Webber...they had some fun players. Now they have my most hated.

Draymond - Are the refs ever going to call you out on your CONSTANT moving screens ever? Are you ever going to NOT whine about a call...ever?

Zaza - one of the dirtiest players in the history of the NBA

KD - Man, you join the team that destroyed you the year earlier? a 70 win team at that and then pound your chest when you win the cheapest chip in history? What happened to that time you tweeted this "Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples"?...I liked you better when you were quiet on OKC. Since then every time you open your mouth or say something on your burner accounts (another lol) I just dislike you more and more.

Bonus - They had Bogut for a long time who is the dirtiest player in the history of the NBA. Just youtube Bogut dirty. Go ahead, i dare you.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:48 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Like: Spurs- Best run organization in NBA for ages, very classy
Bulls - my team for many decades even when they're crap lol.

Dislike: Knicks- From back in the 90's, old rivalry is main reason and horrible owners that at least their fans are smart enough to recognize suck.

Schizophrenia on my part:
-Love Dr. Buss and Laker franchise over the years but their fans got *really* spoiled and annoying and have so many posers when they are good.
-Cavs: Lebron is awesome, their owner is an idiot that got lucky Lebron came back. Egotistical as the Knicks owners....kinda like the Buss son in LA except you can't get rid of them.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:17 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,863,296 times
1. Bucks
2. Cavs or whatever team LeBron is playing for
3. Any team playing the Warriors

Dislike
1. Warriors
2. Lakers
3. Celtics

Old 06-30-2018, 04:05 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,083 times
Like:
Cavs / wherever LeBron is
Bucks
Philly

Dislike:
GSW
Celtics
Raptors

I had a hard time picking team I didn’t like as I’m a big fan of individual players more so than franchises
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball