Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 07:12 AM

10,744 posts, read 4,342,219 times

Advertisements

ESPN First Take, I think Max Kellerman should be replaced by Will Cain.

Cain has joined Stephen A. Smith and Kellerman sometimes and I think he's got the best chemistry with Stephen A. Smith.
Cain has also filled in for Molly Qerim as host sometimes, but he ends up debating instead of hosting so he's more suited to being the main debater with Stephen A. Smith.

Kellerman is just an analytics groupie, and he spent the entire playoffs quoting regular season stats, and thus payed the price for hyping Toronto.
Even after Cleveland won the first game, Kellerman was certain Toronto would win....

I also think Qerim should be replaced because her voice is not suited to television, very bad on the ears.
The host needs to have a good voice, and Marv Albert has the best voice so I'd like him to host First Take, but I know he'd probably not want that job so I'll go with Antoinette Collins (she has filled in for Qerim sometimes and did a great job, good voice and knew exactly how much to interject).

Antoinette Collins would also be the best host for The Jump, because Rachel Nichols is the worst host I've ever seen and is emotionally unstable.
Cassidy Hubbarth filled in for Nichols but also displayed similarly erratic behavior, too hyped up.
For whatever reason, females on ESPN are too hyperactive and lack the poise to host, except for Collins.

Inside The NBA has a decent panel, and my favorite is Shaq and Barkley, because they have some great bust-ups.
Its impossible to replace Shaq and Barkley, they are special.
Kenny Smith is replaceable, doesn't seem to have anything special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 07:32 AM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Jeff Van Gundy. Mike Breen has to fight all the time to get in play calls to close, exciting games while JVG and Mark Jackson blather about some meaningless event or what they don’t like about refs/coaching/players completely unrelated to the play at hand. Someone like Chauncey Billups or Jaken Rose could replace him easily.

Old 08-10-2018, 07:50 AM

Jalen Rose is a good combination of analytical skills, speaking ability and sense of humor.
He does a good job on Get Up.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:37 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,027 times
Van Gundy, Mark Jackson, and Webber should all go. Replace JVG & MJax with Doris Burke. Replace Webber with Jim Barnett.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:25 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
Michelle Beadle. I don't care if no one replaces her, she won't be missed by me.

Also the trio of Van Gundy, Jackson, and Breen. I replace them with the espanol audio. It doesn't matter that I can barely translate what they say, they don't scream/rant &rave through my speakers and thats awesome!

Old 08-24-2018, 04:39 AM

Why did someone add "(coach, playoffs)" to the title on my original post?

Old 08-24-2018, 04:42 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
No one did. When you read a thread on this forum it gives out a list of terms in the title that help the reader determine what the thread is about. It's more useful for the city and state forums, but I believe the entire forum has that feature although not every thread displays it.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:55 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Replace them all with the various weather girls that have been on telemundo.

Ratings will go up, insightful commentary probably as well.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:30 AM

6,502 posts, read 7,531,718 times
Dump all the ABC/ESPN guys.

Bring back Marv Albert, Bob Costas, Amad Rashad, Hanah Storm, Snapper Jones the old NBA on NBC theme song and even that annoying Bill Walton.

The TNT guys can stay, especially EJ, Shaq, Kenny and Chuck.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:44 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,532,299 times
Odd man here on the forum. I like Jeff Van Gundy. Hope he keeps calling, and crying, and interrupting everybody!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball