Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2019, 10:52 PM

14,640 posts, read 14,523,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
^ Curry doesn't even play all-star defense, let alone superstar defense.
And in the NBA Finals Curry plays well below his best.
Durant is superstar offense and defense, and he raises his game in the NBA Finals.
What can Curry do? Regular season superstar offense, that's about it.
And the regular season is irrelevant to Golden State, because they don't need homecourt advantage in the playoffs.
I'm not going to say anything on this subject other than Curry has revolutionized the game in the same way Wilt and Jordan did in their era. He's the reason the league focuses on the 3-pointer now, he's the catalyst to their dynasty, and when he retires he will have broken and re-broken every 3-point record that exists. The End.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 08:13 AM

10,576 posts, read 4,211,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I'm not going to say anything on this subject other than Curry has revolutionized the game in the same way Wilt and Jordan did in their era. He's the reason the league focuses on the 3-pointer now, he's the catalyst to their dynasty, and when he retires he will have broken and re-broken every 3-point record that exists. The End.
I agree, best long-distance shooter ever.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:10 PM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 21 days ago)

5,770 posts, read 5,531,770 times
Slightly past the halfway point, here are the standings:

East
(8)Charlotte vs (1)Milwaukee
(7)Miami vs (2)Toronto
(6)Brooklyn vs (3)Indiana
(5)Boston vs (4)Philadelphia

outside-in: Detroit, Washington, Orlando

I gotta be honest, I'm losing faith in Toronto. Every game I watch impresses me more with Milwaukee, while Toronto has looked uninspired in some games. I think the Nets have the soon-to-be COY and the future is bright there. If they land one of these big time free agents this summer, look out for the Nets...

I think Toronto and Milwaukee will hang on to the Top 2 seeds, they are that good and clearly the class of The East. I can sense Boston making a strong run for #1 in the second half, but I don't think they'll get there. I am very high on the Pacers and see them possibly making a surprise run (depending on seeding), and I continue to be uninspired by the 76ers. Does any Top 4 team look less impressive?

As it stands, as the standings are today, i think any team that gets that 8th seed will be dismissed quickly. Boston will probably beat Philly in 5 again and set up a 2nd Rd with Milwaukee...

Toronto would take care of Miami, and I think Indiana gets pushed by Brooklyn but ultimately wins an exciting series. That sets up an interesting Semifinal of Indiana/Toronto, and being honest, I'd have the Raptors on upset alert. The Indiana Pacers are a really good team, and I think they can take that series to 7. They match up very well with Toronto and I wouldn't be surprised to watch then win, but in the end I do think Toronto is better...

The Bucks would be on upset alert with Boston, and the Celtics would have the pressure of a somewhat underachieving year, when everybody picked them to win the conference this year. I'm not sure i trust Budenholzer or Giannis yet. I can't stand the Celtics but the experience factor may win the series. I'm ready for new blood and I'll take the Bucks in a long series. Then I have a pick'em in the ECF between Bucks and Raptors...

West
(8)Clippers vs (1)Golden State
(7)Utah vs (2)Denver
(6)San Antonio vs (3)Oklahoma City
(5)Houston vs (4)Portland

outside-in: Lakers, Sacramento, Minnesota

The Clippers aren't making the playoffs. The Lakers will, and if they get the right matchup, I still see them making a run. I think San Antonio is poised to make a huge run in the 2nd half to Top 4 status, while I see OKC, Houston, and Portland all dropping in the standings...

As currently constructed, the Warriors sweep the Clippers while the other three series all go 7. I'll take Denver over Utah, I think Portland finally wins a playoff series, and i just have more confidence in the Spurs over the Thunder right now, but I think the Thunder have the bigger chance to upset Golden State, so i take OKC...

Round 2, Warriors blow out Portland and gets everybody excited thinking they are gonna sweep the whole postseason again. I don't know if my Nuggets are ready for the big stage yet, so I'm taking OKC to advance to play the Dubs...

WCF, Golden State gets a true challenge from the Thunder, it will be a 7-game series. I don't know who wins, but I ain't conceding to GS. I think OKC, Milwaukee, or Toronto could all beat the Warriors, though im more confident in an East team than a West team right now...

The Warriors are coming, though. There is 36 games left in the year. They will lose at least 5 more, but probably won't get to 10. They are coming...

Old 01-21-2019, 06:59 PM

29,443 posts, read 22,366,566 times
I loved that graphic they just showed on TNT (Houston vs Philly). Harden had 114 shot attempts since his last assisted FG.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:04 PM

29,443 posts, read 22,366,566 times
Dubs killing the Lakers now. The Lake show had kept it tight through first half, but when Klay is making shots from all over like that, hard to beat them.

Old 01-22-2019, 12:04 PM

3,570 posts, read 2,503,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Slightly past the halfway point, here are the standings:

East
(8)Charlotte vs (1)Milwaukee
(7)Miami vs (2)Toronto
(6)Brooklyn vs (3)Indiana
(5)Boston vs (4)Philadelphia

outside-in: Detroit, Washington, Orlando

I gotta be honest, I'm losing faith in Toronto. Every game I watch impresses me more with Milwaukee, while Toronto has looked uninspired in some games. I think the Nets have the soon-to-be COY and the future is bright there. If they land one of these big time free agents this summer, look out for the Nets...

I think Toronto and Milwaukee will hang on to the Top 2 seeds, they are that good and clearly the class of The East. I can sense Boston making a strong run for #1 in the second half, but I don't think they'll get there. I am very high on the Pacers and see them possibly making a surprise run (depending on seeding), and I continue to be uninspired by the 76ers. Does any Top 4 team look less impressive?

I will be surprised if Charlotte hangs on to a postseason berth. Milwaukee has been the league's best team to this point. The defense will certainly carry over to the postseason. The big question mark for Milwaukee is whether their half court offense will be as potent as officials allow more contact in the postseason.

Toronto has typically seen a dropoff offensively in the postseason, but Kawhi is a proven playoff performer, and he is also the ideal defender for Milwaukee's point of attack. I would really like to see that ECF.

I think Philadelphia could surprise. They have better top-end talent than Boston, and I could see them pushing one of the top 2 seeds through the mismatch at the center position (Milwaukee, especially).

Quote:
As it stands, as the standings are today, i think any team that gets that 8th seed will be dismissed quickly. Boston will probably beat Philly in 5 again and set up a 2nd Rd with Milwaukee...

Toronto would take care of Miami, and I think Indiana gets pushed by Brooklyn but ultimately wins an exciting series. That sets up an interesting Semifinal of Indiana/Toronto, and being honest, I'd have the Raptors on upset alert. The Indiana Pacers are a really good team, and I think they can take that series to 7. They match up very well with Toronto and I wouldn't be surprised to watch then win, but in the end I do think Toronto is better...

Philly's extra year of experience for Simmons & Embiid, plus the addition of Butler makes a big difference, imo. Philadelphia's biggest problem right now is taking care of the basketball. Running simpler sets and attacking mismatches in a more physical playoff series may benefit the 76ers.

There is so much to like about Indiana, but I just don't think they have the talent to win a playoff series against Toronto, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, or Boston.

Quote:
The Bucks would be on upset alert with Boston, and the Celtics would have the pressure of a somewhat underachieving year, when everybody picked them to win the conference this year. I'm not sure i trust Budenholzer or Giannis yet. I can't stand the Celtics but the experience factor may win the series. I'm ready for new blood and I'll take the Bucks in a long series. Then I have a pick'em in the ECF between Bucks and Raptors...

As the brackets stand now, I would expect Philadelphia to advance past Boston, but I don't see either of Milwaukee or Toronto being knocked out before the ECF. I like the Raptors in that series right now.

Quote:
West
(8)Clippers vs (1)Golden State
(7)Utah vs (2)Denver
(6)San Antonio vs (3)Oklahoma City
(5)Houston vs (4)Portland

outside-in: Lakers, Sacramento, Minnesota

The Clippers aren't making the playoffs. The Lakers will, and if they get the right matchup, I still see them making a run. I think San Antonio is poised to make a huge run in the 2nd half to Top 4 status, while I see OKC, Houston, and Portland all dropping in the standings...

These will be volatile standings down the stretch. The Clippers and Utah have favorable schedules heading towards the all-star break. Portland and OKC (imo) have particularly challenging schedules for the next few weeks. It's hard for me to imagine Portland staying in the top half of the bracket or the Lakers staying on the outside of the playoffs.

If Gallinari is healthy, I can see the Clips making the playoffs, but it will be close.

Quote:
As currently constructed, the Warriors sweep the Clippers while the other three series all go 7. I'll take Denver over Utah, I think Portland finally wins a playoff series, and i just have more confidence in the Spurs over the Thunder right now, but I think the Thunder have the bigger chance to upset Golden State, so i take OKC...

With current standings, I think GSW likely sweeps, Houston (if healthy) gets past Portland in 5, Denver beats Utah in 6, and OKC beats SA in 7.

Quote:
Round 2, Warriors blow out Portland and gets everybody excited thinking they are gonna sweep the whole postseason again. I don't know if my Nuggets are ready for the big stage yet, so I'm taking OKC to advance to play the Dubs...

I would have the Warriors beating Houston in 5, and the Nuggets losing to OKC in 6.

Quote:
WCF, Golden State gets a true challenge from the Thunder, it will be a 7-game series. I don't know who wins, but I ain't conceding to GS. I think OKC, Milwaukee, or Toronto could all beat the Warriors, though im more confident in an East team than a West team right now...

The Warriors are coming, though. There is 36 games left in the year. They will lose at least 5 more, but probably won't get to 10. They are coming...

I think GS takes OKC in 5. Paul George & Steven Adams are OKC's plus defenders, and the Warriors have too many weapons for OKC to put up much resistance. George & Westbrook are great offensive talents, but the Warriors still have the league's best array of wing defenders in Klay, Draymond, Iguodala, and KD.

The Finals will be tougher. I'm currently anticipating (regardless of how the seeds end up) Warriors-Toronto, and Toronto has the league's 2nd best array of wing defenders, with Kawhi, Danny Green, Siakam, and Anunoby (with Miles & Wright also serviceable). This would be the best Finals matchup since the Warriors added KD.

I still like the Warriors for their top end talent and experience winning the biggest games on the biggest stages. Dubs in 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Dubs killing the Lakers now. The Lake show had kept it tight through first half, but when Klay is making shots from all over like that, hard to beat them.

Just too much of a talent disparity.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:05 PM

45,315 posts, read 26,834,676 times
Rockets versus Knicks... under 3 minutes to go in the 1stQ

Rockets 23
Harden 19, 8r
Knicks 18

Old 01-23-2019, 08:18 PM

Oladipo might be out for the season. Really tough break for him and the Pacers.

Old 01-23-2019, 08:41 PM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 21 days ago)

5,770 posts, read 5,531,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Oladipo might be out for the season. Really tough break for him and the Pacers.
This sucks. Indiana will now cede their Top 4 standing to Boston and will be a first round out...

The road to The Finals just got easier for the Celtics, Sixers, Raps and Bucks...

Old 01-23-2019, 08:48 PM

Quote:
This sucks. Indiana will now cede their Top 4 standing to Boston and will be a first round out...

The road to The Finals just got easier for the Celtics, Sixers, Raps and Bucks...
There was some talk about the Pacers trading for Mike Conley, but that is probably out the window now that they won't be competing this season. His contract is too large to not get everything out of it as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball