Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 03:59 PM

14,636 posts, read 14,505,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I agree, Durant deserved the last 2 Finals MVPs, no doubt about that.
But of course the Cavs probably wouldn't have won a ring if Green wasn't suspended in 2016, so neutralizing LeBron wasn't really necessary to win a ring.
True to a certain extent, injuries played a factor that year along with sloppy play and an ineffective Harrison Barnes.
I've been reading a lot of internal DG vs KD talk on Reddit and such this week, and really surprised to see how many would choose Durant over Green in a heartbeat if necessary. The team really came together with Green's emergence and is the main factor in them being more than an offensive-only organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 05:09 PM

52 posts, read 35,671 times
The Golden State warriors system doesn't work great without it revolving around Steph Curry.

Still and all ,KD should be able to carry them over the Clippers and Dallas.

He's missing that alpha dog in him like Kobe & Iverson.

Worse come to worse,The Warriors accomplished what few have in NBA history and for that alone they're a dynasty.

The windows for the Warriors winning title's or at least competing at a high level from here on out is 2019 - 2022 and that's if the main pieces stay together and avoid injuries.

Even without KD,they're still the best until proven otherwise

Old 11-23-2018, 06:05 AM

10,551 posts, read 4,195,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
True to a certain extent, injuries played a factor that year along with sloppy play and an ineffective Harrison Barnes.
I've been reading a lot of internal DG vs KD talk on Reddit and such this week, and really surprised to see how many would choose Durant over Green in a heartbeat if necessary. The team really came together with Green's emergence and is the main factor in them being more than an offensive-only organization.
Yeah Golden State's chemistry is best with Curry-Thompson-Green.
The only advantage they have with Curry-Thompson-Durant is if Curry is hurt in the playoffs and isn't playing well, Durant can carry more of the scoring load.
But absolutely I'd prefer Curry-Thompson-Green, if all healthy.
They'd probably be better off keeping Curry-Thompson-Green and replacing Durant with someone who has more of a playmaker's mentality because they'd help get Thompson some good shots when Curry is out with injury.
The way things are now, with Curry out, its Durant scoring with isolation and not helping Thompson much.

Old 11-23-2018, 01:34 PM

45,268 posts, read 26,773,195 times
Probably not too big of a deal long term, so I did not create a separate thread.

Golden State Warriors star Stephen Curry involved in multi-car crash

California Highway Police told KGO-TV that Curry was driving westbound on the Oakland side of the Caldecott Tunnel around 9 a.m. local time when he was hit twice.

The spokesman said a car spun out, hitting Curry’s black Porsche before he was hit a second time when a car rear-ended him.

No injuries were reported.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:00 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,009,019 times
Roughly 20 games into the season for most teams, there are some wacky standings (and outcomes).

For example, Suns beat the Bucks in Milwaukee & Cavs beat the Sixers in Philly last night. The Blazers, who are really good I think, get blown out by 40+ at the Bucks a few nights ago then get blown out by the Warriors (no Curry or Green) last night.

Meanwhile, the Jazz are 8 - 11 at the moment without any significant injuries (other than Mitchell last night) and the Celtics are 10 - 9 (same thing, no big injuries). Houston is also just one game over .500.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:08 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,009,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
and the Celtics are 10 - 9 (same thing, no big injuries). Houston is also just one game over .500.
Check that. Houston goes down to the Cavs (considered the worst team in the league about a week ago) and the Celtics lose to the Mavs (granted, no G Hayward tonight). Both the Rockets and Celtics drop to .500 on the season. Surprising.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:27 AM

14,636 posts, read 14,505,817 times
The Celtics are the most surprising...perhaps s case of too many chefs in the kitchen. It goes to show the Warriors make it look easy by lumping All-Stars onto a roster, but they still have to fit the system.

Old 11-25-2018, 05:53 AM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 13 days ago)

5,749 posts, read 5,514,272 times
I'm laughing hysterically, why is everyone so surprised by the Celtics? I called this, man...

Magalot, come in here with your Simmons stats when the Sixers lose lmao...

This is why it takes more than one year to evaluate a player. Halfway thru last season, I realized Embiid was the best player on that team, by a wide margin. That margin keeps growing. This Simmons kid is not the second coming of Lebron. His complete unwillingness to develop a j is arrogant and will continue to hamstring his team versus elite competition...

This is a side note for all of my city-data basketball heads. I want everyone to notice, they have begun doing to Lebron what they did to Jordan 20-odd years ago--->>>every year, there's a "next" Lebron. This year its Zion, last year was Simmons. This is a true measure of Lebron's GOATness, he's been the best baller for an entire generation of guys who not only never saw Jordan play, these guys weren't even alive for the Jordan Bulls. As has been said for years, Lebron is Jordan of this era, he just didn't play for the Bulls (The Dubs)...

Also, I want people to take note of something else. This Lakers team hasn't made the playoffs in six seasons, or the WCF in nine. Watch what's going on in LA and the rest of the West. I'm not expecting it to happen, I'd have to see a lot more to buy into it, but if LeBron keeps his streak of Finals appearances going with a squad that hasn't even made the playoffs in a half-decade, it's another feather in the GOAT argument. The Lakers are starting to feel it out...

I definitely think there will be more adversity this year, but look how LeBron is playing right now. Someone pointed out this very thing to me the other day, I'll paraphrase:

"We spent a lot of time worrying about LeBron going to the West and if he had enough help and how he couldn't win it, how that might affect his legacy. Nobody ever stopped to mention that as deep as the West is, no one besides this iteration of the Warriors and Gregg Popovich has ever had to face Playoff LeBron James. The West is deep and talented but besides Golden State and possibly Pop, what team do you think could weather Playoff LeBron? Even Golden State and Pop have lost to Playoff LeBron, and been overwhelmed individually by him, when prevailing with the winning team"...

LeBron is putting the conference on notice. We all by now acknowledge LeBron is one of the most clutch and legendary postseason ballers we have ever seen. He's beaten good playoff teams with lesser skill around him than LA has, and we have 13 years or so of evidence to recount his playoff history. All I'm saying, look at the West. Only one team and two coaches have experienced Playoff LeBron. Which West team/coach beyond those two do you really believe in after LeBron has had an entire year to gel with his roster, and turns on the playoff jets?

Old 11-25-2018, 06:55 AM

10,551 posts, read 4,195,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Roughly 20 games into the season for most teams, there are some wacky standings (and outcomes).

For example, Suns beat the Bucks in Milwaukee & Cavs beat the Sixers in Philly last night. The Blazers, who are really good I think, get blown out by 40+ at the Bucks a few nights ago then get blown out by the Warriors (no Curry or Green) last night.
Despite the loss, Philly shot .553 field, .364 downtown, and only 10 turnovers.
Embiid 24, Redick 23, Simmons 22, Butler 22.
But Philly's defense has been horrible lately, and its a strategic error more than an effort error.
Too much switching, leaving Embiid and Chandler defending guards.
It also led to Cleveland's 14 offensive rebounds as Philly's big men were drawn away from the paint.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:46 AM
Status: ""...I wrote it down, now I follow thru..."" (set 13 days ago)

5,749 posts, read 5,514,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Despite the loss, Philly shot .553 field, .364 downtown, and only 10 turnovers.
Embiid 24, Redick 23, Simmons 22, Butler 22.
But Philly's defense has been horrible lately, and its a strategic error more than an effort error.
Too much switching, leaving Embiid and Chandler defending guards.
It also led to Cleveland's 14 offensive rebounds as Philly's big men were drawn away from the paint.
You do know .364 is just barely a shade over average three point shooting? I wouldn't be lauding 36% three point shooting...

I'm gonna be on your case about Simmons all year. The man can't shoot and crumbles in big spots. We overrated his "rookie" season. There is no reason Philly shouldnt advance to the ECF this year. I will continue to assert that until he fills out his offensive game, this team ain't winning anything...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball