Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2020, 10:06 AM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
Yes but he's not being hyped like he's the next Barkley or Blake Griffin. He's being hyped like he's the next Jordan or Lebron. I don't see that happening at all.
That's not his fault.

Turn off the sports-talk radio and TV where they constantly have to stir the pot and make outlandish statements like about how a guy that has never played an NBA game could become the GOAT.

I think I need to start some sort of foundation for people suffering from S. Smith Syndrome. It's like Downs Syndrome only with more yelling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2020, 11:07 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,148,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's not his fault.

Turn off the sports-talk radio and TV where they constantly have to stir the pot and make outlandish statements like about how a guy that has never played an NBA game could become the GOAT.

I think I need to start some sort of foundation for people suffering from S. Smith Syndrome. It's like Downs Syndrome only with more yelling.
I know it's not his fault. But it's definitely the media's fault. It's not just Stephen A. Last night Zion had 15 points in a home loss to the Nuggets. It was the lead story on ESPN's website this morning! He had his first career block!!!!!

Old 01-25-2020, 11:29 AM

4,868 posts, read 6,929,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Thing is, he's so nimble he can just shift his body around you in mid air and avoid the charge. He has extraordinary body control and agility.
Yes, he's very good at that. Still, here you are planted in the lane about to be freight trained. Is he going to shift around me or make me hurt, a lot.

Old 01-25-2020, 11:38 AM

4,868 posts, read 6,929,879 times
I'm glad a man of his skill sets and style has entered the league. The NBA has become so boring. A new guy every trip down the court does his one-on-one thing usually just settling for a 3 pt. shot or a mid range jump shot.

Working hard on defense? We don't need no stinkin defense.

Working the ball around and hitting a player slashing to the basket with a great feed is too much work.

This is why I think getting a few more players that play like Zion might spice up what has morphed into a mundane game. This is why I primarily watch college when it comes to basketball.

Old 01-25-2020, 01:20 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
jumper looks surprisingly good for a guy who shot like 60% FT in his one year in college. If he can just hit the mid-range jump shot (and free throws), I think he'll be a very good NBA player. Otherwise he'll be the 'next Barkley' like Danny Ferry was the 'next Bird.'

Old 01-25-2020, 03:29 PM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Zion already has the best finishing skills in the NBA, will average 30ppg this year if he played 32 minutes per game.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:04 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Effortless, it's like Zion's not even having to try hard to get his way on the court.

Incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l55bdIqzjsQ

Old 01-25-2020, 10:58 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,644,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So much for the "Zion will suffer once he goes up against bigger, stronger, faster and more athletic players" argument. He's now in the NBA and STILL looks like the fastest, strongest and most athletic player on the court. It's not even close honestly.

I'm honestly trying to think of who can guard this guy. He's extremely nimble and can easily outmaneuver any center. He's way too large and powerful for any of today's forwards. I'm thinking Giannis might be the best match against him but his center of gravity is too high.
His offense was great, but his defense was average. The Spurs went by him a lot on open lanes while he just stood there and didn't even try to raise his arms or jump a couple of times.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:11 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZUu5vct4YE

Old 01-28-2020, 04:58 AM

3,978 posts, read 2,354,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
I agree, the players I find most entertaining:
1. Jordan
2. Bird
3. Zion
I may put Zion above Bird eventually.
Zion shouldn't even be on this list. Above Bird? I don't think so. Bird could shoot, pass and defend. Zion is not even close and he shouldn't be. Has he played 5 pro games yet? I get it. He has that new car smell but let him get some miles before we call Zion a classic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball