Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2019, 02:13 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,100,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
That is the incredible thing about Zion, he moves like a guy 50 pounds lighter, so he'll never have to lose weight.
Keep on thinking that. We'll see how long he keeps that up putting almost 300 lbs on his legs every couple nights on an 82 game a year pro schedule, without getting injured and HAVING to lose weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 02:51 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
thats cute, are you now trying to pivot the topic to ME?

You clearly missed the game Syracuse won when Duke was down 2 starters and Zion ran over that kid(think it was the coaches kid Buddy Boeheim) and was called for a charge. It only takes 1 instance to disprove your "never called" claim unless you are trolling(which is against TOS on these forums). drop the shovel.
Someone can't take context. When I say "never" anyone with a room temp IQ can tell I don't literally mean "never" in the history of his career has he been called for one. Read the words, not what you want them to say. Geez, you really didn't go to Duke...

Old 04-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Swim move?

I'm not a big fan of the guy but think the refs made the right call against Florida. The defender wasn't stationary when Z made his drive, he was sliding into him. Of course Williamson lowered his body position, that's what you typically do when driving to the hole. He didn't throw his elbow or forearm out. It was either a no call or a block.

The man is hard to defend, no question, being so big and also quick.
Yes, swim move. You know, swiping your arm out and pushing someone? Like a D-Lineman? He did that in just about every game I saw. Hell, maybe in EVERY game.

And he doesn't just lower his shoulder like most guys. He gets right next to someone, lowers his shoulder, and bull rushes into them. Out of position or not, you shouldn't be able to do that repeatedly with no call. Sure there would be exceptions, there is to every rule, but for him it was very rarely, if ever, called.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:14 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yes, swim move. You know, swiping your arm out and pushing someone? Like a D-Lineman? He did that in just about every game I saw. Hell, maybe in EVERY game.

And he doesn't just lower his shoulder like most guys. He gets right next to someone, lowers his shoulder, and bull rushes into them. Out of position or not, you shouldn't be able to do that repeatedly with no call. Sure there would be exceptions, there is to every rule, but for him it was very rarely, if ever, called.
Calling BS again, watched every game Zion played this season and what you are describing didn't happen every game...didn't happen every other game....didn't happen in even 10% of games played....

Bull rushes???

Again you clearly didn't watch many of Zions games because he RARELY if ever "bull rushed" anyone....

Despite his size he used quickness, incredible second jump ability and finesse around the rim...NOT brute force, which you would know if you ever actually watched him play...

Old 04-16-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Calling BS again, watched every game Zion played this season and what you are describing didn't happen every game...didn't happen every other game....didn't happen in even 10% of games played....

Bull rushes???

Again you clearly didn't watch many of Zions games because he RARELY if ever "bull rushed" anyone....

Despite his size he used quickness, incredible second jump ability and finesse around the rim...NOT brute force, which you would know if you ever actually watched him play...
Yes, because someone with a name of "bluedevilz" is certainly a reliable and unbiased source.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:32 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,863 times
Quote:
Yes, because someone with a name of "bluedevilz" is certainly a reliable and unbiased source.
You are attacking the poster because of his screen name instead of discussing the topic.

Quote:
Someone can't take context. When I say "never" anyone with a room temp IQ can tell I don't literally mean "never" in the history of his career has he been called for one. Read the words, not what you want them to say. Geez, you really didn't go to Duke...
and here you are attacking me because I proved you wrong. Ready to compare SAT scores when you are, since I'm in the 95th percentile( and this was before the 1994 nerfs to the test) that odds are against you.

Old 04-22-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
You are attacking the poster because of his screen name instead of discussing the topic.
I was pointing out that he is hardly objective. I would say the same thing to... let's say a Michigan fan, with a SN of "WolverineGuy", that is arguing that Ohio State gets all the calls. You seriously call that attacking? I'm surprised you can walk around with skin that thin...

Quote:
and here you are attacking me because I proved you wrong. Ready to compare SAT scores when you are, since I'm in the 95th percentile( and this was before the 1994 nerfs to the test) that odds are against you.
You are talking SAT scores now? They let you say things like "sure you wasn't" and not capitalize words at the beginning of sentences on those? That's cool. I didn't actually take the SAT, as only the ACT (OR the SAT) was needed. Mine was good enough to get me a full ride, and top 10 in my class. If you are so smart though, why can't you read simply contextual clues in writing?

Either way, all you proved was you lack the ability to read contextual clues, and hyperbolic statements (you know, like someone saying something like "They never lose at home", when they really mean they are just really good at home?). You certainly didn't "prove me wrong" on anything.

Old 04-23-2019, 05:42 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,869 times
Quote:
I hate Duke as much as anybody. I never saw Zion do all of these things that you are claiming. I didn't want to like Zion simply because, he went to Duke. But he played with just as much finesse as anyone did. I did not see this sort of, "bull in a China shop" that you have made him out to be. I actually was very impressed with him. Again, I certainly didn't want to be. Honestly, I was a fan after the first game. He's definately going to be an All-star in the league. His shooting isn't bad now. He shoots the three pretty well and should only get better. He's got finesse in the lanes, and he's got a great attitude. In my mind, he's got the whole package.

Old 04-23-2019, 07:32 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,298,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I hate Duke as much as anybody. I never saw Zion do all of these things that you are claiming. I didn't want to like Zion simply because, he went to Duke. But he played with just as much finesse as anyone did. I did not see this sort of, "bull in a China shop" that you have made him out to be. I actually was very impressed with him. Again, I certainly didn't want to be. Honestly, I was a fan after the first game. He's definately going to be an All-star in the league. His shooting isn't bad now. He shoots the three pretty well and should only get better. He's got finesse in the lanes, and he's got a great attitude. In my mind, he's got the whole package.
Yeah, his lateral quickness and understanding of angles are very impressive. As I said in another post, he made tough drives look routine, a great sign for the future.

One thing to keep in mind is a player's "horizontal size." if a player uses the right angle, the defender has to crowd the shooter's body space to alter or block the shot. When you are so big, strong, and wide, defenders melt off you when they make contact to try and get to the ball. Even below the rim players like Jokic can get off their shots in traffic if they are wide, strong, and play the right angles.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:51 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,311,158 times
I just hope he goes somewhere he can win at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball