Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 07:05 PM

242 posts, read 174,332 times

Advertisements

I really think it comes down to 4 player's *

Steph Curry

Lebron James

Kevin Durant

Kawhi Leonard

Who do you guys think was the best this decade ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 05:23 AM

3,963 posts, read 2,352,311 times
I am going to list them.
1) Lebron James. Won 3 chips with 2 different squads.
2) Steph Curry. Won 3 chips with the Warriors.
3) Kevin Durant. Pretty much was the difference in the Warriors winnning their last 2 chips.
4) Kawhi Leonard. Won 2 chips with 2 different squads from 2 different conferences.

This is a tough one and any of them deserve the no. 1 spot on down.

Old 01-02-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
I am going to list them.
1) Lebron James. Won 3 chips with 2 different squads.
2) Steph Curry. Won 3 chips with the Warriors.
3) Kevin Durant. Pretty much was the difference in the Warriors winnning their last 2 chips.
4) Kawhi Leonard. Won 2 chips with 2 different squads from 2 different conferences.

This is a tough one and any of them deserve the no. 1 spot on down.
I agree with your order. Though I do think Curry can be argued as #1 as well*

But what decade do you think was better between the 2000's & 2010's ?

Obviously Shaq in the early 2000's was the most dominant player since Wilt Chamberlain or maybe ever.

But both decades produced some of the greatest player's the game has ever seen;

Old 01-03-2020, 03:37 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
2010s was a far superior decade from a gameplay perspective, and not just saying that as a Warrior fan

The 2000s was the era of the ball hog, with one player dominating the ball on teams while everyone supported them. Thankfully the Spurs and Pistons gave us a reprieve, even if Stern hated the Spurs for being "boring". Especially by the middle of this decade, ball movement really took off as more coaches learned from Pop and teams became teams again (even if some were stacked behind the scenes).

Player of the decade would have to be Lebron. Steph changed the way the game is played, but Lebron had the biggest influence over the league and any team he joined (except last year's Lakers LOL) became an instant championship favorite.

Old 01-03-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy310 View Post
I agree with your order. Though I do think Curry can be argued as #1 as well* Flip a coin.

But what decade do you think was better between the 2000's & 2010's ?

Obviously Shaq in the early 2000's was the most dominant player since Wilt Chamberlain or maybe ever. Agreed!

But both decades produced some of the greatest player's the game has ever seen;
No doubt!

You could include Lebron in the 2000's as well. Throw in Iverson, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Ben Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce etc.. Geez, I am missing a ton of players from that time but that was a magical decade.

Old 01-04-2020, 12:19 AM

Yes your absolutely right, LeBron and Wade can represent the 2000's also.

My prediction for the best player of the 2020's is Giannis and maybe Zion Williamson*

But than again we never know, I'm just amazed no one has caught Jordan 6 rings yet. Though Duncan got really close.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:42 PM

2,710 posts, read 1,733,872 times
Kevin Durant the ultimate ring chaser who joined the 73-9 Warriors? If he stayed in OKC I would argue that he deserves mentioning, but not really since he gave up when they were up against the Warriors the year before.

I'd have to give it to Kawhi who didn't need a superteam to win it all.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:41 AM

8,666 posts, read 3,868,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy310 View Post
I really think it comes down to 4 player's *

Steph Curry

Lebron James

Kevin Durant

Kawhi Leonard

Who do you guys think was the best this decade ?
I'd have to give the nod to Lebron if looking at the decade in its entirety. He's the only player who is consistently compared to Jordan (even if he comes up short); no one else is close.

While Leonard has certainly turned into a top-level player (especially defensively), he's still young and just short a season or two of playing the entire decade. Curry is my personal (and biased) favorite of those you mentioned as a Warriors' fan; but Lebron's influence continues to be unmatched in the league - all the way back to his televised high school games.

Old 01-07-2020, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post
Kevin Durant the ultimate ring chaser who joined the 73-9 Warriors? If he stayed in OKC I would argue that he deserves mentioning, but not really since he gave up when they were up against the Warriors the year before.

That's a great argument for Kawhi. He clearly willed both the Spurs and the Raptors to the chip. Like I said, previously, any of those guys you can argue for the no. 1 spot.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix5k View Post

Point taken. Do you think Golden State wins another chip without Durant? I don't think so. That's why they chased after him in the first place. He put them over the top. They should have fought like hell to keep him instead of trying to ruin his career by playing him in the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball