Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 06:08 AM

3,963 posts, read 2,352,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Pure fantasy that will never happen and if it did, wouldnt amount to anything, but indulge me.
The Pelicans declined to extend Lonzo. What if he came to Charlotte?
I've always said that there is something, somehow that is holding him back. Maybe it was the hyping up his dad did, maybe it was the bright spotlight being in LA, I dont know. The dynamic point guard I watched at UCLA has just vanished. If it's not a fast break, he walks up the court with the ball, and hands it off to go stand in the corner. Just not the guy we all thought.

Maybe playing in a small market, and more importantly playing with a familiar face by his side in his brother might spark something? If he could ever average 15 pts, 8 assists and 7 reb plus he is now a decent defender. That would be great. Plus at 6-6, he adds the size that is sorely lacking in the present backcourt with the two midgets Graham and Rozier.
Not to speak of the marketing if the Ball Brothers really take off.
Oh well, back to the real world.

I'd say trade him to the Knicks. We have plenty of cap space. Our rookie, Quickley, is developing quite nicely. Trade him, Knox some draft picks. Knicks will take Lonzo. Lavar will love having a brother in a big market again. Win-win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 07:05 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,533,494 times
Have two brother's or a father-son ever started a game in the NBA? That would be great marketing for the Hornets if the Ball brothers were on the same team. I do think they would complement one another in a positive way for the team, as each brother plays unselfishly, and appears to put team over individual.

Old 02-05-2021, 10:24 AM

507 posts, read 277,576 times
6th in the East already, 18th in power ranking of the whole league. Tonight's game vs Jazz can tell us how far this team can go.

Old 02-05-2021, 07:06 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,443,155 times
Side note here but I wonder how Gelo is handling everything?
Your dream from birth was to make the NBA.
You watch your older brother get drafted no. 2
You then watch your younger brother get drafted no. 3, and look like he could be on his way to being a star.
Meanwhile, Gelo:
got caught shoplifting in China, so he had worldwide embarrassment to deal with.
Went undrafted
Just got cut by the team with the worst record in the league, the Pistons. When you are not even good enough to play for that dumpster fire, well maybe basketball isn’t in his future.
Has to be a lot to swallow seeing everyone else make it.
The only person who could relate would be Cooper Manning, the older brother to Peyton and Eli. But he didn’t play football because he suffered a pretty bad neck injury I believe, not because of a lack of talent.
If I’m Lavar, I would look into therapy for him. He’s gonna need it.

Old 02-05-2021, 08:52 PM

30,162 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Side note here but I wonder how Gelo is handling everything?
Your dream from birth was to make the NBA.
You watch your older brother get drafted no. 2
You then watch your younger brother get drafted no. 3, and look like he could be on his way to being a star.
Meanwhile, Gelo:
got caught shoplifting in China, so he had worldwide embarrassment to deal with.
Went undrafted
Just got cut by the team with the worst record in the league, the Pistons. When you are not even good enough to play for that dumpster fire, well maybe basketball isn’t in his future.
Has to be a lot to swallow seeing everyone else make it.
The only person who could relate would be Cooper Manning, the older brother to Peyton and Eli. But he didn’t play football because he suffered a pretty bad neck injury I believe, not because of a lack of talent.
If I’m Lavar, I would look into therapy for him. He’s gonna need it.

LaVar his dad never had a professional sports career or not much of. He can go overseas and make some money. And come back here if he does really well.Unlike his brothers he would have benefited from a long college career. LaVar should have stayed out and let him do that.

Old 02-06-2021, 09:09 AM

30,162 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Ball scored 34 points last night in his 2nd start. They lost to a very hot Jazz team but almost came back at the end. I don't see how he comes off the bench again.

Old 02-07-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Ball scored 34 points last night in his 2nd start. They lost to a very hot Jazz team but almost came back at the end. I don't see how he comes off the bench again.

Coaches, in general, don't trust rookies. Unless you Jordan, Shaq, etc. My guy, Quickley, was a leading scorer off the bench a couple weeks ago. Thibs still doesn't trust him as a whole although he has been giving him playing time. He'll start him if injuries dictate. For the most part, Ball, Quickley, Maxey, etc. are better off coming off the bench.

"Quickley led the Knicks in scoring, while converting on 9-of-18 shots from the field and 5-of-8 from 3-point range. He is the first rookie in Knicks franchise history to score at least 30 points with five made 3-pointers in a game off of the bench, according to StatMuse.
His 31 points are the second-most by a rookie this season, trailing only the 39 points by Tyrese Maxey on Jan. 9."

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2...-team-history/

Old 02-07-2021, 10:48 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,443,155 times
As much as we all praise Ball, he’s got some tough competition for ROY, I haven’t watched him but Halliburton with the Kings is doing really well too

Old 02-09-2021, 04:53 AM

Ball is doing his thing. He is taking advantage of his time as a starter.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/l...eak-continues/

Heck, forget ROY. He might make the all-star team.

Old 02-09-2021, 06:57 AM

507 posts, read 277,576 times
Yes, his rising speed reminds me of Yao Ming, who was selected to All-Star in his rookie season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball