Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 03:19 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,950 times

Advertisements

Free agency is on fire...sort of...I mean there really weren't any "big fish" in this class. But on paper there are definitely deals that could have an impact on contending teams. Some absurd money being thrown around to fringe players as well.

Clippers are losing a few key pieces in Harrell, Green, and Shamet, so at this point they haven't improved themselves. We'll see what else they come up with though.

Denver is losing Jeremi Grant and Plumlee but were able to keep Milsap.

All in all, the East looks to be improved at the top, with the Bucks adding pieces and the Sixers aligning some shooters to go along with their stars. The Heat keep Dragic, gain Avery Bradley, but lose Crowder.

But that Gordon Hayward mega deal (and the need to stretch Batum's $27 mill over 3 years as a result) with the Hornets was a bit mind boggling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 07:11 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
The Lakers are pretty much #1 in trades done so far.

Michael Jordan has no clue what he is doing with the Hornets. Hayward didn't do much for Boston and his ankle has had several injuries. That was 120 million wasted.

Miami might be saving some $$ for 2021 with Giannis. The Bucks might have ruined their chance at keeping him with the Bogdan Bogdanovic debacle.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...z-news-reports

Old 11-21-2020, 09:28 PM

The Lakers improved in some ways but are left with a few question marks in others. I do like how the core of the team, outside of Lebron, are in the 26 to 28 year old range for this coming season...which is basically an NBA player's prime. That's AD, KCP, Caruso, Harrell, Schroder, with Kuzma at 25 I think.

Old 11-22-2020, 06:00 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Free agency is on fire...sort of...I mean there really weren't any "big fish" in this class. But on paper there are definitely deals that could have an impact on contending teams. Some absurd money being thrown around to fringe players as well.

Clippers are losing a few key pieces in Harrell, Green, and Shamet, so at this point they haven't improved themselves. We'll see what else they come up with though.

Denver is losing Jeremi Grant and Plumlee but were able to keep Milsap.

All in all, the East looks to be improved at the top, with the Bucks adding pieces and the Sixers aligning some shooters to go along with their stars. The Heat keep Dragic, gain Avery Bradley, but lose Crowder.

But that Gordon Hayward mega deal (and the need to stretch Batum's $27 mill over 3 years as a result) with the Hornets was a bit mind boggling.
Does Charlotte think they are getting prime Utah Jazz Hayward? I dont understand paying him that much. Does this even make Charlotte the 8th best team in the East when everything is said and done? You are paying a lot of money for a guy who may not help you get to 8th, much less a title...

Old 11-22-2020, 08:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Raptors did well locking up VanVleet for 4 years - and in the meantime making him the NBA's highest paid undrafted player ever.

But losing Ibaka to the Clippers hurts.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Does Charlotte think they are getting prime Utah Jazz Hayward? I dont understand paying him that much. Does this even make Charlotte the 8th best team in the East when everything is said and done? You are paying a lot of money for a guy who may not help you get to 8th, much less a title...
The East is going to be more difficult this season than in recent memory. There's the Bucks, Heat, Sixers, Celtics, Raptors, Nets that are clear cut top teams that are shoe-ins for the playoffs. That leaves two spots for the Pacers, Magic, Wizards, Hawks, and Hornets.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:48 AM

3,963 posts, read 2,352,311 times
Knicks just picked up Nerlens Noel from OK.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2...5-million-deal

I don't agree with this article about Elfrid Payton.

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2...5-million-deal

I believe he was our best option at the point and he was held back on his performance by injuries. If he can stay healthy, this is a good deal

Old 11-22-2020, 09:56 AM

3,963 posts, read 2,352,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
The East is going to be more difficult this season than in recent memory. There's the Bucks, Heat, Sixers, Celtics, Raptors, Nets that are clear cut top teams that are shoe-ins for the playoffs. That leaves two spots for the Pacers, Magic, Wizards, Hawks, and Hornets.

Hey, throw my Knicks in this mix. Yeah, I know. I even laughed after typing this but we have been making some good player moves. I am optimistic.

Old 11-22-2020, 11:34 AM

9,758 posts, read 7,470,755 times
Can't believe MJ spent $120 million on Hayward. Did he not watch his 4 years in Boston??

Old 11-22-2020, 12:28 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Can't believe MJ spent $120 million on Hayward. Did he not watch his 4 years in Boston??
MJ is smoking cigars and loving his cuban wife...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball