Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:52 PM

228 posts, read 456,997 times

Advertisements

Anybody who wants to talk about the Hawks, go ahead. I don't care if you argue or say bad stuff, just say what you feel like.

Also, this is a Hawks only thread. I know there are ATL sports threads, but this is specifically for the Hawks.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 04:47 PM

730 posts, read 2,047,599 times
I am very impressed at the way the Atlanta Hawks have matured over the last few years. Although it did begin with a 13-69 record in 2004-05, that was the year Josh Smith and Josh Childress were drafted. After so many players came in via draft, the Hawks did two good things. First, they kept the head coach Mike Woodson despite all of the losing Atlanta did from 2004 to 2007. Second, most of the young players (except Childress), along with veteran Joe Johnson stayed in Atlanta. I hope that the Hawks go to the Conference Finals this year. Sorry Cleveland, Orlando, and Boston, you have some company, it's the Hawks baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 05:06 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,134,075 times
I'm interested in learning more about the hawks - I watched them a little in the 80s and have kept my eye on them since Joe Johnson got there (i loved watching him play here in phoenix).

What's the fan base like? Ownership Situation? Arena Situation? etc

I'm in the market for an NBA team to follow

Old 02-09-2010, 02:39 PM

In terms of ownership, Atlanta LLC brought the Hawks in 2004, coincidentally the start of the team building up for the success that they have now. They play at the Philips Arena, which was done in 2000.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:38 PM

Right now the Hawks are tied with Boston for third in the east. Since Boston is a division leader, and even though the Hawks swept them this year, we will have to finish with a better record to earn third place. but, i strongly believe that they can do that, which would be huge during the tournament.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:55 AM

Agreed, because I don't want Atlanta to face Milwaukee in the first round. Milwaukee reminds me of the Hawks back in '08 when they sent the Celtics to Game 7. I'd rather have the Hawks face someone else over Brandon Jennings, Andrew Bogut, and company.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotb16 View Post
Agreed, because I don't want Atlanta to face Milwaukee in the first round. Milwaukee reminds me of the Hawks back in '08 when they sent the Celtics to Game 7. I'd rather have the Hawks face someone else over Brandon Jennings, Andrew Bogut, and company.
Definitely.
Still, if we had to, we could take'em.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:47 PM

235 posts, read 354,508 times
hehe. Get ready to get the game taken to you in the first round this year.. Fear the Dear baby!

Although to your guys' credit, I really don't want to face the Hawks. Their athleticism scares me, and the Celtics are much older and more tired. Although a Bucks/Hawks matchup would be exciting!

Old 03-30-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post
hehe. Get ready to get the game taken to you in the first round this year.. Fear the Dear baby!

Although to your guys' credit, I really don't want to face the Hawks. Their athleticism scares me, and the Celtics are much older and more tired. Although a Bucks/Hawks matchup would be exciting!
I belive that the hawks are better then the Celtics for sure. The celtic's peak has passed, and now they're on the downturn, although they are still a really good team.

However, Nate Robinson was a really good pickup for them, and he should really help

Old 04-03-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray34iyf View Post

It would be exciting, but in the 2nd round if the Hawks beat Miami and if the Bucks shock everyone by beating Boston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball