Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:09 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,353,186 times

Advertisements

Remember this , the truth is offensive to some people . You heard it here .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 02:12 PM

595 posts, read 1,173,073 times
Looks like some one is cleaning it up.I went by the other day and they had weed wacked and mowed now lets see if they make any repairs.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:43 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,068,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbertusa View Post
They can control the inmates .It is all politics I knew someone that drafted a plan to Make Angola totally self sufficient and once He proved it was very easy to do He was fired from the state.
Back in the past, prisons were all about making money for the state.

That ended when lawsuits were filed and judges ruled that conditions in prisons were absolutely terrible (and they were right, especially in Arkansas)

What exactly did your friend propose?

Old 04-02-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Back in the past, prisons were all about making money for the state.

That ended when lawsuits were filed and judges ruled that conditions in prisons were absolutely terrible (and they were right, especially in Arkansas)

What exactly did your friend propose?
He proposed a plan that would Make ANGOLA tottally selfsuficant(sp) and it would not cost the taxpers not 1 dime.The is not BS I saw him working on this project for several years and then went through it with Him and it was accurate and truthfull . ANGOLA could be selfsuficant but there are to many thieves along that road.
They have land,cattle,water,cotton,anything else you can grow are build(lumber mill)and most of all LABOR why can't a prisoner work for His room and board instead of us paying it for him?:cryin g:

Old 04-02-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko500 View Post
he must have shown for the politic to stop putting they hands on the money and putting it in they pockets. I just been funny here; but I do believe you fbbertusa
That is exactlly what He showed.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:53 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,686,652 times
I thought Angola was somewhat self-sufficient...more than other prisons at least. Most of their food is produced on site.

I do know one thing (don't ask me how), Angola makes the best homemade bread this side of the Milky Way.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
I thought Angola was somewhat self-sufficient...more than other prisons at least. Most of their food is produced on site.

I do know one thing (don't ask me how), Angola makes the best homemade bread this side of the Milky Way.
I am not sure of there status now but it cost us taxpayers a lot of money I presume still and in the past.They could not only be self sufficient but could actually make a profit and give money to the state but then there is nothing to pocket.If anyone has a figure on what it cost to house a prisoner at Angola, and what kind of tax burden has been put on the taxpayer I am sure interested .
With that amount of people Your bound to find some that are very talented in the Kitchen and Bakery and with all the beef and vegies I bet they could put out a spred fit for a King.Fresh baked bread sounds so good!!

Old 04-07-2011, 07:36 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,686,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbertusa View Post
I am not sure of there status now but it cost us taxpayers a lot of money I presume still and in the past.They could not only be self sufficient but could actually make a profit and give money to the state but then there is nothing to pocket.If anyone has a figure on what it cost to house a prisoner at Angola, and what kind of tax burden has been put on the taxpayer I am sure interested .
With that amount of people Your bound to find some that are very talented in the Kitchen and Bakery and with all the beef and vegies I bet they could put out a spred fit for a King.Fresh baked bread sounds so good!!
I decided to google a bit and it turns out Angola is allegedly one of the most nearly self-sufficient penitentaries in America.

One of the answers - National Prison Policy | Examiner.com

Old 04-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I decided to google a bit and it turns out Angola is allegedly one of the most nearly self-sufficient penitentaries in America.

That is very good to hear, I really thank you for checking that out.The issue I am talking about has been at least 20 years ago and several different Gov. since ,and such but that is really good to hear.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:

That was a good article! Never to old to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge