Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 AM

595 posts, read 1,173,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
I know I sound like a broken record the way I always defend Baton Rouge...but honestly litterbugs know no boundaries. I've been to many a filthy city.

What kills me is all the texting and driving.
I hope that is one law they can enforce because if it can't it will kill a lot of people.I think the courts are serious about this matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 04:48 PM

17 posts, read 52,445 times
Default hmmmmm

Do you think it might start with the parents? I know as a kid growing up in California, the fine was so big that my parents would have killed me if i threw something out the window.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:00 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,687,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourlittlered View Post
Do you think it might start with the parents? I know as a kid growing up in California, the fine was so big that my parents would have killed me if i threw something out the window.
We do have some pretty crummy parents around these parts. The bottom line is that most problems in BR and elsewhere could be solved within a generation if every child born from here on out would be exposed to proper parenting. Littering and other forms of disrespect are learned, not inherent behaviors.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:54 PM

595 posts, read 1,173,390 times
Quote:
IMO You are right on target , Thanks for the truth as I belive it starts at home.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:41 AM

7 posts, read 20,806 times
The litter is because people are lazy and don't care, especially about cigarette butts - you'll often see just these shoals of cigarette butts on the curb on busy roads in the city.

From what I gather, using one's blinkers in Baton Rouge communicates submission to the stronger, more powerful alpha drivers who respond with dominant, aggressive mounting behavior. Or they just speed past you rather than let you merge, sometimes causing you to miss your exit.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:53 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,483,747 times
Quote:
The fine here is $3,000, it's just not enforced.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,489,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs930 View Post
It's because People are just down right INCONSIDERATE in Baton Rouge... They will never change! They wont let you into a lane, they cut you off (without a blinker) to get in to your lane, they ride in the fast lane, and they ride their brakes cuz they tailgate! Sorry, had to vent!

I live in Hammond and work in Baton Rouge, and I commute.
I have to disagree with you! I lived in south Florida and was AMAZED at how nice the drivers here are!! Try going to southen Florida, then you will really see inconsiderate drivers. BYW I always get let in from a side street and I will say, though, that during rush hour, if I try to get over in a diffenrent, I rush in and don't use my blinker, becasue I am afraid I will not get in! Cell phones are part of the reason, people aren't mean, they just aren't paying attentionIMO.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,489,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpfield View Post
The litter is because people are lazy and don't care, especially about cigarette butts - you'll often see just these shoals of cigarette butts on the curb on busy roads in the city.

From what I gather, using one's blinkers in Baton Rouge communicates submission to the stronger, more powerful alpha drivers who respond with dominant, aggressive mounting behavior. Or they just speed past you rather than let you merge, sometimes causing you to miss your exit.
well said!!!!!

Old 11-18-2010, 05:25 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
I have to disagree with you! I lived in south Florida and was AMAZED at how nice the drivers here are!! Try going to southen Florida, then you will really see inconsiderate drivers. BYW I always get let in from a side street and I will say, though, that during rush hour, if I try to get over in a diffenrent, I rush in and don't use my blinker, becasue I am afraid I will not get in! Cell phones are part of the reason, people aren't mean, they just aren't paying attentionIMO.
Houston is just as bad. 610 is like No Problem Raceway.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:27 PM

7 posts, read 20,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caa View Post
well said!!!!!
The second part there was half-joking, but only half. Seriously, sometimes even little old grandmas in their Mercury Grand Marquis' will gun the engine and pass you if you turn on your blinkers. =P

A positive spin on all this would be that it teaches those who first started driving in Baton Rouge to be more assertive (if they do everything else right and don't follow the many terrible examples around them).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge