U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Caa Caa started this thread

940 posts, read 2,331,411 times

Advertisements

My friends went to Perkins Rowe to a movie last Saturday and said the movies and the outside front area were full of "undesirables" lurking about and loitering! I thought that that was not allowed and that the cops were supposed to keep it nice there as there are high end type stores. Anyone know why this is? One friend even said there was gunfire there last year-cmon people!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 11:56 AM

15,299 posts, read 22,621,835 times
People wait there all the time. There's benches and some people wait on movies to start, meet other friends..

Old 02-10-2011, 12:38 PM

48 posts, read 99,812 times
I am not following you about the undesirables. Are you talking about kids ? I go there every once in a while and sometimes there are way to many kids hanging around for my taste, but for the most part they are easy to ignore. With all the shops, restaurants, bookstore, and movie theater I would expect or hope at least there would be a lot of people in the area of different ages.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:29 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,342,360 times
Sometimes you have to be careful and make sure not to go on opening weekend for certain films that are targeted at a certain demographic.

I was actually there one night when it was full of undesirables. I saw two fights start and then somebody dropped something and it sounded like gunfire, so of course a huge crowd of people took off running and it was a big mess. It was after that night that they implemented a curfew for people 18 year of age or younger. Funny part was that the people I saw fighting appeared to be adults...at least 21. It's a shame how everything gets blamed on kids just because they are the easiest ones to blame.

Low and behold, it was opening night for some such stupid movie geared towards the feeblest minds of society.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:53 PM

15,299 posts, read 22,621,835 times
Some night there are concerts in that space too, I've never seen any violence there, but I certainly don't think it's a place to watch out for.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
Sometimes you have to be careful and make sure not to go on opening weekend for certain films that are targeted at a certain demographic.

I was actually there one night when it was full of undesirables. I saw two fights start and then somebody dropped something and it sounded like gunfire, so of course a huge crowd of people took off running and it was a big mess. It was after that night that they implemented a curfew for people 18 year of age or younger. Funny part was that the people I saw fighting appeared to be adults...at least 21. It's a shame how everything gets blamed on kids just because they are the easiest ones to blame.

Low and behold, it was opening night for some such stupid movie geared towards the feeblest minds of society.
I have to remember that! Maybe it was that night that ABOUT THE gunfire...anyway, we went to rave last night and it was a very nice crowd there!!

Old 02-15-2011, 04:46 PM

What I meant by undersirables, was people who seem to find trouble no matter where they are, and no, it was not just kids, there are plenty of adults who act like hoodlums as well!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:03 AM

48 posts, read 99,812 times
Sort of weird if they were causing trouble and security wasn't doing anything about it. If people don't feel safe because others are causing trouble they will stop going to the establishment.
I am aware that adults act like hoodlums also, but your first post was sort of cryptic. It just said "full of "undesirables" lurking about and loitering". I didn't associate lurking and loitering with causing trouble. It also seems that a lot of teenagers loiter at places like malls and shops. I made a bad assumption.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airplane_man View Post
Sort of weird if they were causing trouble and security wasn't doing anything about it. If people don't feel safe because others are causing trouble they will stop going to the establishment.
I am aware that adults act like hoodlums also, but your first post was sort of cryptic. It just said "full of "undesirables" lurking about and loitering". I didn't associate lurking and loitering with causing trouble. It also seems that a lot of teenagers loiter at places like malls and shops. I made a bad assumption.
Well, my friend said there were 2 cops around, but not really paying attention...yes, trouble is what some of these folks seem to go there to do...not too keen on that. There was one fight, but ended rather fast, so cops did not seem to care, all this is from my friend who was there, not me. No problem, it was kinda cryptic!

Old 02-19-2011, 11:07 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,014,534 times
The wife and I went to Perkins Rowe tonight . The area out in front of the cinema did have a lot of young people running around . I could see where things might get rowdy under the right conditions .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge