Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:23 PM

228 posts, read 444,674 times

Advertisements

Maybe BR is just fine. Maybe the BR haters are the problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 08:22 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,487,161 times
To be honest I don't think there is a city in Louisiana that can't do better and feel like any of them are "just fine" as long as the person who feels that way is content with that atmosphere. You asked a question and people told you how they felt. I could be very wrong, but it seems like you're pulling for a certain reaction and dragging it on.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:46 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trafficsucks View Post
Maybe BR is just fine. Maybe the BR haters are the problem?
And your user name is trafficsuks...

Contradiction of the day..

Old 05-02-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that's right, traffic sucks during the 10/12 widening. Which is what this thread was about. Bravo Sherlock. I'm going to guess you're a member of MENSA?
This is what the thread is about, afterall you made it.

"What will be the effects of the new lanes on I-10 and 12?
Just curious on what the mood is regarding if it's going to help?
Make things worse?
Do you think Denham Springs and Prairieville will see any improvements to traffic?

Myself, I think it'll help spread white flight to the open Livingston area (south of 1-12 between Juban and Walker exits). Not sure it can help Prairieville much though because it's already packed."

--------------------------------------------------

People said that they thought it wouldn't get any better. What's the problem? Let's discuss it since this is what the thread is about.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
wait, NOW you guys want to discuss it? Or by "discuss" do you mean call people stupid because they look forward to BR having a 3rd lane on the 10 & 12?

Old 05-02-2011, 07:29 PM

How did you draw that conclusion from that? We tried discussing it with you once. Then you mocked the idea of public transit.

I'd love to discuss it further.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:08 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
How did you draw that conclusion from that? We tried discussing it with you once. Then you mocked the idea of public transit.

I'd love to discuss it further.
Let's try it and see how it goes.

I'd love to see a streetcar system on Nicholson Drive from downtown to the LSU area. Bike lanes, too.

This would give LSU students a safer option when leaving the bars in Downtown, since waiting on a cab at 2am usually means waiting for at least an hour.

It would also stimulate the revitalization efforts in downtown by encouraging more people affiliated with LSU to live in the downtown area instead of the usual Tigerland or Brightside area. Would also like to see nice bike lanes along that stretch of Nicholson.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:11 PM

I wish it could continue to Capital Park via 4th street, or continue easy via North Blvd. I like the idea of using North Blvd versus Government because of Towne Square and the line could dead end perfectly on BRCC campus. The line ending at Independance would be a good idea as well, would probably raise the value of the homes on Government.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:30 AM

228 posts, read 444,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
The line ending at Independance would be a good idea as well, would probably raise the value of the homes on Government.
yeeaahhh. Sure. Adding a "bus line" to a neighborhood would increase housing values? Tell that to the people in the projects.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:14 AM

It's not a bus line, first of all. Secondly, there are no projects on Government. There are some beautiful large homes though. As well as a potential art district along Government. What are you even talking about?
And yes it would increase home value. Look at St. Charles Ave in New Orleans. Perfect example.

Oh and we're not trying to be like New Orleans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge