Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 09:45 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsweetheart View Post
I'm a 26 yr old woman recently single after coming out of a two year relationship. Why does it feel like a famine here in baton rouge when it comes to meeting nice professional educated decent guys?

Granted this is a college town but I have passed the age of dating college students. I am not religious but have been to church a few times and have never seen any young single men. I have been to the local bars but have only met guys looking for flings. I'm not full of myself but I think I am reasonably attractive and I do get those looks, stares and smiles when I am out and about but no one with the courage enough to come up to me and chat.

Few of my girlfriends have moved to other states after being frustrated with the dating scene over here. But I would like to know if I can have any luck without having to scrape the bottom of the barrel. I don't wanna give up on baton rouge that easily.

My career involves a lot of overtime so I cannot spend all my evenings and weekends going man hunting. Any tips will be appreciated from someone who has been in my situation. And if you happen to be a guy I described about don't hesitate to hit me up.

Thanks!
Try this:

The Baton Rouge 20's and single group (Baton Rouge, LA) - Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/The-Baton-Rouge-20s-and-single-group/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Good luck finding a guy that wants more than a fling that is in your age range.
Hey

Old 10-15-2014, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brsweetheart View Post
I'm a 26 yr old woman recently single after coming out of a two year relationship. Why does it feel like a famine here in baton rouge when it comes to meeting nice professional educated decent guys?

Granted this is a college town but I have passed the age of dating college students. I am not religious but have been to church a few times and have never seen any young single men. I have been to the local bars but have only met guys looking for flings. I'm not full of myself but I think I am reasonably attractive and I do get those looks, stares and smiles when I am out and about but no one with the courage enough to come up to me and chat.

Few of my girlfriends have moved to other states after being frustrated with the dating scene over here. But I would like to know if I can have any luck without having to scrape the bottom of the barrel. I don't wanna give up on baton rouge that easily.

My career involves a lot of overtime so I cannot spend all my evenings and weekends going man hunting. Any tips will be appreciated from someone who has been in my situation. And if you happen to be a guy I described about don't hesitate to hit me up.

Thanks!
You still single? Lol.nmy name is Brent I'm 32. I'm a professional chef, photographer and wood sculptor.
I'm new to Baton Rouge but am from New Orleans. I just moved here from Chicago so def looking for friends, beautiful smart women and networking with artists. I got a google plus page. It's Brent Hodge and an Instagram page with plenty pics to get a feel for me and see what I look like- bayouboy32

Old 10-15-2014, 04:26 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Baton Rouge does not have a draw for young professionals. They just can't rise to their full potential or even get employment in Baton Rouge. Most people go to school, graduate, and move to Texas, Florida, or Georgia.
+1. LA is not really the place to find great guys. My (now ex) husband works offshore and spent much of his time in LA for the jobs on the boats/platforms but would come right back home after each job to TX. Most of his co-workers, educated guys with great training, chose not to live in LA because they had more opportunities in TX. However, there are great men to be had wherever you are. Patience is definitely a virtue in this area. And after I divorced him, I found a wonderful love in the most unexpected place. But it only came after I stopped looking for it. Good luck!

Old 10-18-2014, 12:08 AM

20 posts, read 34,314 times
Like everything here the scene is growing, but it still has a ways to go. Enjoy the blessings of single life and go to events, you will find someone.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:26 AM

680 posts, read 1,034,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Baton Rouge does not have a draw for young professionals. They just can't rise to their full potential or even get employment in Baton Rouge. Most people go to school, graduate, and move to Texas, Florida, or Georgia.

But as far as single men, I'm right here.
Baton Rouge has a significant draw for professionals. The problem the OP is facing is the southern culture of marrying young. There are plenty of singles at 23, fewer at 26, and by 30 there are slim pickings.

This is a problem all over the country, but it is more pronounced in southern towns because of the family oriented culture and the tradition of marrying at a fairly young age. Women especially are pressured into getting hitched and starting a family in their mid 20's.

That said....I met my wife in Baton Rouge when I was 26 (she was 24). I probably dated a dozen women that year before I found one I was really interested in. Never had issues meeting women between 22 and 30.

Maybe the OP is just associating with a different kind of crowd than I did.

Last edited by tigerphan; 10-20-2014 at 09:37 AM..

Old 11-15-2014, 09:33 PM

3 posts, read 5,391 times
Hi brsweetheart,

I've met my partner on the following site:

louisianasingles.org

It's a free site that can hook you up with like-minded people across the state of Louisiana, including Baton Rouge .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge