Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 10:09 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,108,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillWilliam View Post
If you live outside the city limits in Lafayette or Baton Rouge and are selctive where you buy or rent, safety shouldn't be a problem. I would however send the kids to a nice private school as the public schools leave quite a bit to be desired IMO.
Don't listen to this guy. You can live in plenty safe neighborhoods in both cities, and I know for a fact Baton Rouge does have some good public schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 11:53 PM

974 posts, read 2,174,486 times
Jrube: You may find it interesting that La.'s Number One Export is: Younger people leaving the state. Guess they've had enough of all the recent "progress" made possible by our current governor's axe-swinging budget cuts. Hope your kids can get scholarships 'cuz tuition has shot up here in La. by 60% since ol' Bobby's been at bat in the Gov. Mansion. BTW... none of what I've said concerning the gov's. lack of disclosure & transparency has been refuted. Seems that people like to put labels on someone like "liberal, republican-hating, Obama worshiper"... nope I'm none of the above. Just someone who pays attention and applies a tad of critical thinking on a piece-by-piece basis.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:20 PM

28 posts, read 43,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HGIRL11 View Post
we also have a five year old whose education I am concerned for, and we can't afford private school. I would like to hear from people who moved there and like it. What areas do you like? What areas in or around Lafayette or Baton Rouge should we look into moving to?
Forget Louisiana - my granddaughter brought home a memo about their grade school curriculum with spelling misspelled (Livingston Parish) and there was a billboard in Baton Rouge for a teaching hospital that said "Four year degrees is better" I highly suggest home schooling.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 783 times
Hi, I was offer housing in East Baton Rouge Louisiana as a single person what's a good area to live.. I'm moving from Florida any advice..

Old 10-25-2018, 08:00 PM

806 posts, read 869,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeAyeCapn View Post
Forget Louisiana - my granddaughter brought home a memo about their grade school curriculum with spelling misspelled (Livingston Parish) and there was a billboard in Baton Rouge for a teaching hospital that said "Four year degrees is better" I highly suggest home schooling.
So you pass judgement on an entire state based on a couple of typos by third party vendors ? Nice .

Old 10-25-2018, 11:06 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,108,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
So you pass judgement on an entire state based on a couple of typos by third party vendors ? Nice .
Four and a half year old post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge