U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 03:36 PM

3 posts, read 4,243 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Anyone offer any help about Prairieville and surrounding areas?

My fiance is applying for a job in Prairieville(we currently live in Northeast WI near Green Bay).

We don't really know anything about the area at all. We of course know about the humidity(which I am going to hate ) and now from reading the threads, we know there are some heavy traffic issues.

My fiance is in his late 50's, I'm in my mid 40's. We are not looking for wild nightlife. We would like some kind of metropolitan area with stores and restaurants--stores meaning like a mall or a Walmart and of course a Walgreens or other pharmacy type place etc We are looking for a safe and QUIET living situation, probably like a condo or townhouse to rent. My fiance does not love driving so a short commute would be best. Although as long as he doesn't have to drive in snow, it should be ok Probably under $1000/mo sounds right. Between Baton Rouge and New Orleans so we can get away on weekends and have some fun.

I will be looking for work in health care (currently I work in a group home with developmentally-disabled adults).

We have no pets and no kids. We like good food and good music, but are kind of homebodies. That's why a quiet place to live is best. Near a hospital and an airport and/or Amtrak station would be ideal. I will be going back to WI to visit family quite a bit.

Thanks anyone who can give us some help It is much appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 04:39 PM

16,107 posts, read 24,607,000 times
The rental market in Prairieville is nearly non-existent. I think Quarters at Dutchtown only sells condominiums rather than lease them. South Baton Rouge is nearby with a mall, hospitals, and dining.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:16 AM

270 posts, read 564,566 times
Yes I agree. You won't find any rental markets in Prairieville. However my best friend living in Baton Rouge lived in Prairieville when he was a boy and his high school was in Baton Rouge. I think it's only around 20 miles away so you can find plenty of rentals in the suburbs of Baton Rouge and won't have any issue with the commute. You may want to also check Gonzales for rentals.

Whatever the case welcome to Louisiana!

Have a blessed day in the Lord.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:10 AM

Default Still looking for info on relocating to Prairieville from WI

Hi all,

We are a step closer now to making this change. Is there anyone else that can offer advice on the Prairieville area? Towns maybe 5 miles or less away? Looking for a condo/townhouse, rental price probably under $1200/mo. Near a grocery store and a pharmacy and a medical clinic would be really helpful!

We would really like something SAFE and QUIET with friendly neighbors...like most people are looking for I guess, right?

Thanks to the 2 folks who replied to us!

Old 09-28-2011, 08:56 AM

Like before, you won't find condo/townhouses in Prairieville. There are a set of apartments on Hwy 74 in Geismar, a few miles away. They are nice, but there are alot of kids that live there. There are some older duplexes around Prairieville but no nicely built new townhouses like I'd imagine you want. The closest thing I can think of would be Perkins Rowe's apartment/condos. They fall in that price range and you're in walking distance of a Fresh Market, a couple medical clinics, and a CVS. It will not be quiet as its part of an entertainment development. It's the closest thing to what you want, although it is in Baton Rouge, not Prairieville, but it's very close.

The Urban Village has Arrived in Baton Rouge » Perkins Rowe (http://www.perkinsrowe.com/living - broken link)

Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 AM

Default thanks anyway--not moving to Prairieville

we are not moving now, job not happening. thanks to all who wrote. we are happy to stay where we are for now, near friends and family and everything familiar and 4 distinct seasons

Old 10-07-2011, 12:34 PM

595 posts, read 1,118,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
The rental market in Prairieville is nearly non-existent. I think Quarters at Dutchtown only sells condominiums rather than lease them. South Baton Rouge is nearby with a mall, hospitals, and dining.
South Baton Rouge NOT near LSU if You are looking for quite.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbertusa View Post
South Baton Rouge NOT near LSU if You are looking for quite.
Not Old South Baton Rouge, or The South, or The Bottom. South Baton Rouge as in Bluebonnet, Perkins all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge